“What a Treasure!!”

Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Portland, Oregon
“What a Treasure!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We paid $76 for a room that I think would compare to a $150 room in another hotel. Spectacular! I really can't think of a better hotel room we've stayed at.... ever!

Everything was squeaky clean --- and I am so PICKY!! I like to feel like I am the first person to ever stay in the room.

We got in very late. Check-in was seamless, very courteous and helpful. Unfortunately, we left early in the morning for a meeting and we were not able to partake of the breakfast that looked so inviting. Several families were seated eating and everyone looked like they were really enjoying the abundance of food.

The room was very comfortable. Air conditioning adequate and quiet. The TV was a HUGE LCD that had a control panel on the side of the stand you could hook your computer up or games for kids. There is a separate seating area in the room from the bed area.

We will definitely be staying at this hotel again. It is an easy walk to several independent as well as chain restaurants. Shopping is abundant. Easy on and off 1-84.

The only thing I would recommend as an improvement is signage. You don't expect the hotel to be where it is and if you're not looking carefully, you'll miss it for sure. But turn around and go back or you will miss a great stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tustin, California
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I wasn't impressed at all, the photos gave an iimpresion it was light and airy.
It was clean but dark, they had the bed in a small hole with the window,the living area saw no light it was dark. It did not feel roomy as the wallls were very close , no room.
The ceilings had accoustic. and the bathroom very small. The hallways smelled very strongly of cleaners.Akso the beds were too soft you fell into a hole and the pillows were way too soft.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onvacation777
Issaquah, WA
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I got back from a 2 day trip to Boise. The customer service was exceptional. I called the hotel and was picked up in 10 minutes. At check-in, the host made me checked me in and gave me a brief tour of the hotel. She showed me the breakfast area, computers, fitness room and the swimming pool. The next morning, I needed a ride to Downtown Boise. No problem, driver was available and drove me into town. When I'm back in Boise again, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 12 June 2010

The Hyatt Place Boise is a great hotel at a great price. We spent 5 nights here through a Travelocity package. We really enjoyed the spacious, modern room, great complimentary breakfast in the huge lobby area, and excellent staff.

Our standard king room was huge! The large sitting/work area had a big comfy sectional, desk, and wet bar with fridge and sink. It was partially screened from the bed area, but the TV was mounted on the wall to be visible from both sides of the room. Very nice layout. The bathroom was pretty standard but the sink area was large and included lots of storage.

Our complaints were minor: very slow wireless internet and a bad room view (half of the rooms overlook an ugly old townhome development). Be warned that the free airport shuttle service has limited hours; we had to pay for a cab to make it to our early-morning flight home. The hotel doesn't have a full restaurant or bar, just a little sitting area adjoining the front desk and a limited menu. It's kind of weird. We weren't bothered by this at all (we never ordered anything) but some people might be. It would be nice if the pool area had a sauna or a hot tub.

The location feels suburban; it's in the middle of a shopping area with a big mall. Lots of chain restaurants and shopping nearby if that's your thing. The drive is just 5-10 minutes to downtown Boise.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay and couldn't believe how much hotel we got for what we were paying.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I have done a large amount of research and booking through a third party online group is not a good idea. They do not care what kind of room you receive, even if you have requested a specific type. Go to the specific hotel site and book with them, they will have the same rate priceline can offer you, plus you are guaranteed the exact type of room you want. It only makes sense.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
NV
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I had Lasik performed in Bosie and the clinic recommended this hotel. Boy, am I glad they did. This hotel is in awesome proximity to shopping and great food. But, it was also plush, comfortable and a perfect place to recover from my procedure. I LOVE THE PILLOWS. During recovery my husband and I didn't have to venture out to find good food... the hotel had plenty right in the lobby. The sandwhiches are AWESOME and very tasty. The staff was incredible and the room was very large with a separate sitting area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Paul, Idaho
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Beware of this hotel when booking online using a third party site you will not be guaranteed the type of room you select. I booked rooms at this hotel on two separate occasions with third party sites and both times I was given the run around. The first time I booked this hotel (hotels.com) I booked a room for four people (three adults and one child) and selected a room with two double beds. When I arrived I was given a room with one king bed and a hide-a-bed, I was told that was all they had and there was nothing they could do, when you stay at a hotel who wants to sleep on a hard hide-a-bed? I was not happy but I let it go. The second time I booked this hotel (priceline.com) for four people (three adults and one child) again I was given a room with one king and a hide-a-bed and this time they put me in a handicap room with a bathroom that looked like a hospital bathroom . I complained and they were still not willing to change my room, I was told there was nothing availably and there was nothing they could do. My sister called the front desk and told them she was going to call the Better Business Bureau and all of a sudden they had a room with two double beds. I feel like they will just stick you anywhere they need to fill up rooms if you do not book through them directly. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family