“Great Experience”

Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were nervous after some of the reviews we had seen, however none of them applied to us at all. We found the staff friendly and very helpful in making our stay at Red Lion as well as Boise Idaho a very positive one. They gave us pointers for things to see, maps and personal experiences. The motel was well taken care of and the rooms were great. All around we found it a very positive experience

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We do hope that you will come and visit us again and if there is anything we can do to assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Ken Kester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
New Castle, Colorado
Reviewed 20 August 2011

while stating there i went to the front desk and the gal wouldn't even get off her personal cell phone to help me. The beds were awful and the whole hotel was out dated.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here for five nights because they accepted our name your own price on prudently for $45 a night. The decor, carpets, bedding are very outdated. If that doesn't bother you it is in an ok location just a minute from downtown. They offer a free airport shuttle and have a buffet breakfast in the am for $5 a day. The only problem we had was that out shower drain was clogged and drained very slowly. So when we showered we stood in an inch of dirty bath water. I reported it twice to the front desk as the first lady did not tell maintenance. The second complaint resulted in a maintenance man coming up in less than five minutes. He fiddled around with the drain and stuck a snake in it but still couldn't get it un clogged. He never attempted draino and we were never offered another room. I would probably stay here again as it was very cheap but you should know about the shower and service issue.

• Stayed August 2011
PacNW
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I purchased my reservation to an un-named hotel on Priceline and wasn't too worried when I saw it was a Red Lion hotel. How bad could it be? Boise isn't exactly the home to dozens of upper end hotels.
Upon arrival, I was surprised to see that this hotel is nearly a mile from the downtown area of Boise. It's in an old industrial part of town stuck between an abandoned building and the Torch Lounge stripper club.
Determined to make the best of it, I checked in and was given a room on the 3rd floor. When I opened the door, I immediately noticed some trash and cardboard on the floor. Looking closer, there was a hair barrette on the bathroom tile, a huge pile of hair like somebody had cleaned out their hairbrush and about 30 wiry black hairs in the sink. As I went over to call the front desk, I set my arm down on the nightstand to pick up the phone and stuck to the remnants of the previous occupants dinner. Ick.

The front desk immediately moved me to another room. Without dragging my children along, I went to inspect it. .....same exact condition: not vacuumed, food everywhere but this one had food IN THE BED! I called Priceline and they told me that they would not do anything to help me AT ALL. I was stuck in this hotel unless I wanted to pay for another one.

The third room we were moved to was fine. At least it didn't have hand prints smeared down the mirrors. I went to the store and purchased Clorox wipes and did my own clean up job. Also, I wore my shoes every second I was in the room.

In all, the hotel looks like it's been through a natural disaster. The spa is covered with caution fence, the carpet is bubbling up in the hallways and there is trash over-flowing in all the public areas. There is a nice fridge, microwave and coffee in the room, but frankly, who can eat when every surface is filthy?

This place needs an emergency overhaul before anybody else stays here. I've never complained about a hotel room's cleanliness, but this couldn't be ignored.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Don't bother staying here.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank vegasscot
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Your concerns were shared with our Housekeeping Manager and corrective action will be taken immediately.

If you would kindly contact me, I will certainly make it right.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed one night at the end of July. Our room was clean, but small. The free wi-fi worked well. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate at the breakfast buffet, which seemed fairly priced. Unfortunately, the restaurant had been slammed with several youth soccer teams just before our arrival and was out of many items, including coffee, when I first got there. The outdoor pool area was very clean. There are not a lot of restaurants or shopping in the area, but the hotel does provide a free shuttle downtown and to the airport. I got a GREAT deal on the property-under $50 a night-so for what I paid, I was very pleased with the property. I would stay there again.

North Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The Red Lion Boise Downtowner is a great place to stay. They give great value for the price. I'll stay there whenever I am in Boise. The breakfast buffet is the best I've had while paying less than $200/night. They are pet friendly as well as having a friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at the Red Lion Hotel Boise. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding your expectations is what we aim to do each and every time and knowing that we were able to achieve that for you pleases us.

We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Well, first let me start off by saying I booked this on a discount site that advertised the hotel as "three stars"... This hotel is not close to three stars on it's best day. It's definetley in need of some TLC. The rooms were not clean to my hotel standards. The towels were falling apart and were only given two. The location and view were unimpressive. Don't plan to walk anywhere from this hotel as it's at least a 15-20 minute walk to anywhere of interest. The customer service was pretty good. The price was right (as in very low), but I would say spend the extra $20 and you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed July 2011
I would like to extend my appreciation for the time you spent sharing your observations with me. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Please be assured that the items mentioned are being investigated and corrective action will be taken as necessary.