“Nice hotel”

Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Vancover, WA
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We got this hotel through hotwire for $49 so we weren't sure what to expect. As it turns out, we enjoyed our stay here thoroughly. We were especially nervous after reading some of the reviews on here but were pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was.

The breakfast buffet for $4.95 is a bit of a rip off. It was scrambled eggs, crusty bacon, and dried up sausages. Most hotels would have given it away for free. Skip it and go downtown to a Denny's or something...

The staff at the front desk were friendly when they were there... It seemed like whenever we needed something they were in some office on the computer (facebooking would be my guess) and it took a lot to get their attention but once you got them they were very helpful.

All in all it was a great value and we will most likely be going back there again as it really is conveniently located to a lot of great downtown places. It might take you 20 minutes to walk downtown if you're 90 and crippled otherwise everything was within a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
idaho
Reviewed 19 November 2011

we have stayed here many times and always love he staff...we got our usual room, by asking, and the staff saved it for us!!! and wow, they have done a facelift....new beds, new pillows, new bedding , new flatscreens...and the bathroom is totally redone, great new shower head...yipeee, and well, get this,the sheets are ironed..where do you get that ??can't wait to go back, slept like a baby...thanks again to the great red lion.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charley48
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at the Red Lion Hotel Boise. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding your expectations is what we aim to do each and every time and knowing that we were able to achieve that for you pleases us.

We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Lewiston, Idaho
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I just stayed in Boise at the Red Lion Hotel Downtowner. I frequently stay there because of the friendly staff, GM, sales department and food not to mention the cleanliness of the hotel everytime I stay there. You can't beat the location either, close to the Capitol, downtown, freeway and all the city has to offer. Best value for all you get there. 5 out of 5 stars in my book.

Room Tip: Ask for the Friends & Family rate if available
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
We were thrilled to know that you had a great time with us during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding your expectations is what we aim to do each and every time and knowing that we were able to achieve that for you pleases us.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The Red Lion has welcomed University of Idaho Extension and 4-H activities on a number of occasions. I have participated in these events for the last three years and have yet to be disappointed by the friendly staff, clean, modern rooms or any of the banquet staff. I brought my family to stay last year during the State Fair and we were treated equally as well.

Room Tip: They even allow pets. The rooms are spacious and the wifi connect is great. Because this was a pro...

Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stay at the Red Lion Boise Downtowner Hotel on a fairly regular basis. I am there about 8 - 10 nights per year. I have always enjoyed the hotel, especially the service. On my last visit I was surprised by some great upgrades. The first item was the new linens in the rooms. They look great and feel great and they are a very nice upgrade. The next item is the new flat screen tv's. Great quality picture and tv size. I am very impressed.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms all over the hotel but I particularly like the tower Kings
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We do hope that you will come and visit us again and if there is anything we can do to assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Due to the wonders of technology, I inadvertently double-booked a reservation. There was confusion as to which online service accepted the reservation but Jenny would not be deterred. She took the initiative to help me solve the puzzle and arrange for me to communicate with the vendor to cancel the second reservation.

Her concern and initiative was a welcome experience. Kudos to Jenny!

The hotel is very clean and well maintained and much quieter than some other downtown hotels I have stayed in. I will return! THANKS TO ALL THE STAFF!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay. We are thrilled to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and we’re delighted that you took the time to post this feedback. Our Mission at the Red Lion is to provide personalized, exuberant service and we are thrilled to know we’ve done that for you during your recent stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here for business recently. It wan't terrible, I've stayed in worse, but if you're looking for more upscale accomodations, then this isn't for you.
The managment has tried to make some updates to the rooms. The bathrooms are updated and there are new comforters on the bed. However, one of my pet peeves is when hotel sheets aren't pressed. The sheets on the bed were so wrinkled that I started to question whether or not they were even clean. I just think pressed sheets look way better and provide a better overall "feel." The carpeting is old and stained, but the building is older, so it is to be expected. The room wasn't what I would call clean, but again, it wasn't filfthy. I did notice dust and some stray hair from a previous guest, which is gross, but again, I've seen worse. The toilet in my room decided to stop flushing for no apparent reason, but again, it is an old building with old pipes, so go figure. I think that overall this is an old property that is in need of some TLC, but it isn't completely terrible. Although the property is dated and tired, the hotel staff is great. I found them to be very friendly and helpful.
There is a Hampton Inn nearby and my advice would be to check that out first, but if you must stay at the Red Lion, it isn't really all that bad. One last thing, there is a breakfast buffet in the lobby from 6-9 that isn't too bad. Plus, it's only $4.95!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
While my comments to your review are very late, they are not without gratitude. In a time when people are often too busy to provide any type of feedback, it is always a great pleasure to know that someone has taken the time to put something in writing in regards to their stay with our property.