“Great location near downtown” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner

Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Great location near downtown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nice older hotel with great service. Rooms are nice, clean and roomy. Hotel has a cafe and lounge that serves food. Breakfast was good. Bar food looked good. Shuttle took us downtown and we ate at a great brew house. The shuttle also took me to a mall to shop. The hotel is a short walk from downtown which is handy. We will stay here again for the convenience and comfort. Rooms have been upgraded.

Room Tip: Get a room on top floor and mountain view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 259Pamel13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Celebrated my son's 21st birthday and decided to get a room at a good location that is close to downtown and this was the perfect fit!! Walking distance from the downtown. I absolutely loved this place!! Very cean and quiet and welcoming.

The check in process was extremely quick and professional and the individual (Adam) was very pleasant. The room was fantastic with comfortable beds. The accomodations were roomy and the bathroom very roomy with a nice shower.

I cannot find one bad thing about our stay but all great things. I will stay here again in a heartbeat and will recommend this to anyone and everyone.

Thank you for the great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Boise
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We paid $250 for a jacuzzi room that only produced brown water. The main hotel hot tub was broken too, which I specifically asked about when I made my reservation. No one mentioned that a water sewer main had recently broken causing brown water or the broken down hotel hot tub. Super disappointed with my experience :(

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I’m sorry that there were issues with the jetted tub in your suite and that our outdoor hot tub wasn't maintaining a hot enough temperature. Both issues have now been corrected. The jetted tub lines have been flushed out. One part was replaced in the outdoor hot tub and the temperature is now at 103. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations each and every time; we obviously failed in your case. I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you soon.

Once again I apologize for the issues during your stay.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and enjoyed it then, too. I appreciate the kind and helpful staff and the shuttle drivers were great. It's in a great location. The bar is great and is a nice place to visit and enjoy. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased that you had a positive experience.
We do hope that you will come and visit us again and if there is anything we can do to assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Pocatello, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Attending a conference at this hotel - my room was outdated and the bed was broken down (some kind of "klunking" noise every time I sat on the edge of the bed....broke or slipping of the base? - afraid it was going to come crashing down). Not enough wall outlets for charging my electronics, had to charge one then unplug to charge the other. At one point I had to unplug my nightstand lamp to use that outlet. Staff, however, was very courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I would like to apologize for the bed in your room being broken. Please be assured that our staff will look into this issue. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

It's an old property and had a stale smell in the room, I think it's the old carpet. The mattress was very saggy. It's time for an upgrade. The room seemed to be clean though. The price was high for the hotel but rooms in Boise were in high demand on that day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

I would like to extend my appreciation for the time you spent sharing your observations with me. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Please be assured that the items mentioned are being investigated and corrective action will be taken as necessary.

Pendleton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because the educational conference I was attending was held here. The price was well below other decent downtown locations. I stayed on the 4th floor of the tower. The room was large and the bed comfortable. Everything was nice, granite sinks, tile floor, tub was clean, carpet not worn. I had a meeting rate of 89.00 a night and I would say this was a bargain.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.