“Great hotel and they take dogs!”

Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Surprise, Arizona
“Great hotel and they take dogs!”
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We stayed here on our return trip from back to Washington. Nice hotel and as long as you are Red Lion member dogs stayed for free. Nice ground floor with slider door was great for evening outing for dogs! We travel this route twice a year and this will always be our return stop from now on!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, 12 May 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We realize that you can stay anywhere and we thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Ken Kester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This hotel was in the original Red Lion collection, before Doubletree took over. It was left as is for a few years and sorely needed an update. Well it got it and it's fantastic.
Close to downtown, and also near a very nice historic district.

Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
We were thrilled to know that you had a great time with us during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding your expectations is what we aim to do each and every time and knowing that we were able to achieve that for you pleases us.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 December 2009

My company booked my hotel arrangements at this Red Loin Boise Downtowner property for third time this month of November & December 2009. After my third stay I thought I would write a review.
The hotel has two buildings, one low-rise motel style building with microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The seven or 8 story high-rise is just a hotel room without amenities. I stayed in both buildings.
The hotel rooms and dark hallways, in general are clean, but shabby and outdated. Many room and hallway lights are burned out in both buildings. Windows are very dirty and grimy throughout property.
Room coffeemakers are old and in need of replacement. I stayed here last winter on business and everything was in the same sad shape.
I thought Red Lion hotels would be on par with Doubletree or Sheraton, but it is more in line with Days Inn or Quality Inn.
If you can get the rate at $99 or less, I would recommend this property. Clean, basic, good downtown location. Nothing fancy. Not worth $100+ room rate.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kimo767
While my comments to your review are late, they are not without gratitude. In a time when people are often too busy to provide any type of feedback, it is always a great pleasure to know that someone has taken the time to put something in writing in regards to their stay with our property. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Your concerns were shared with our department heads and action was taken to correct issues you encountered.

We do hope that you will come and visit us again and if there is anything we can do to assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed 20 November 2009

While Boise is not the most exciting city to visit, the Red Lion Downtowner was fantastic. Great view of the city and surrounding area while walking distance to a few restaurants and bars. Very clean and very nice hotel.

Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
England
Reviewed 30 August 2009

This was our second stay here (the first three years ago). The rooms are good with comfortable beds. A good sized pool was available. It was about 20 minutes to walk to downtown but that was fine. The desk staff were friendly and helpful. We would have given a strong 5 if breakfast had been included.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Equality, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Stayed here three times in July 2009, The rooms were clean, well appointed, great bed, wifi worked without a problem, easy to find. As I read some of the other reviews, I was confused, they were not in the hotel that I was at. I travel a great deal, 600,000 air miles in the past five years, This is the best 'hotel room' that I have had, the best stay was at the Hilton Residence in Colombo, Sri Lanka, but that was a 2 bedroom apartment. I chuckled over the comment of the person from the UK, like they have such great hotels there. Happy July 4th

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank onthroadagain-7
Estacada, Oregon
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Stayed here This weekend for a family wedding. Had two rooms booked with early check in requests so we could get ready for the wedding. Upon arrival there was no one manning the front desk. After waiting a little while we were noticed by someone that was having lunch in the office. She put her food down and came out to help us. We were told we had arrived too early (got there at 1pm) and there were no rooms yet. Noticing our disappointment she came up with one room for the four of us. When asked how long it would be she told me i had to realize actual check-in time wasn't until 3 so she had no idea. I had to tell her we had requested early check-in after she treated us quite rudely. We came back a little while later to check to see if a room was avaialble, again-no one working the counter and again she was in the office eating before she noticed us. We were interrupting her lunch again. After getting our rooms and getting ready we wanted a bite to eat. The cafe downstairs had no one working there. It appeared to be closed but we couldn't tell. We gave up after standing there a while and the front desk suggested we go to McDonalds four blocks away. Later that evening we went to the lounge, there was no one working tthere. My husband had to go look for a bartender to serve us drinks and once again we were left feeling like we were keeping them from doing something better. Rooms were ok, I like the balconies. Small closets, small beds (no queens in any rooms, they are all doubles) no where to put your stuff really. The next morning we made coffee and the mugs are what made me decide I had to say something. I always rinse my mug in a hotel room before using it. While doing so I found all around the outside of the mug other peoples lipstick and full lip prints. So disgusting. I immediatly went to my mom's room above us to look at hers.....same thing! It was so obvious they had not been washed around the outside in a very long time, if ever! Lipprints all the way around on all 4 mugs! I used a glass the night before - YUCK I hate to think what it probably looked like.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family