“Remodeling makes it dificult”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here for three nights while chaperoning a high school class trip. There were multiple school groups staying at the hotel so they made it a bit noisy and crowded. The lobby is completely under renovation and you walk in to plastic sheeting and an office which is being housed in the laundry room. Our rooms were on the second floor and the only way to get there was a very small elevator which took a while between trips. The thing that worried me was that both stairwells on either end of the main hallway had signs saying they were closed due to construction and not to use them. You were able to open the door and use them in an emergency but there were no railings in them. We also came back to very strong odors of glue and paint being used in the construction that gave me a headache. They had the windows at the end of the hallways open but it only helped a little.

My room was clean although I don't think the sheets on my bed were changed each day. The bed had a very hard mattress.

The breakfast was being served in two adjoining rooms on the first floor with the door open between them. The staff was wonderful trying to keep up with the number of kids all getting to the conference at the same time and they even made sack breakfast meals for them to take with them. The front desk staff was also great and did everything they could to make it a good stay. Several kids lost or locked their keys in rooms and they helped them out immediately.

Once the construction is finished I think it will be a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear IdahoGems,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience our in going renovations may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel was being remodeled. The breakfast area was moved to a small room and it was very uncomfortable; only 3 tables and the food layout was awful. I asked about the remodeling and found the reason is that it will become another brand (La Quinta). I even found a small roach crawling on the table in front of the coffee carafes coming from the food area. The only good thing about this people was the staff; very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Carlos A,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The staff was not available 24/7. The gym is off-sight, and they advertised the wrong address. They did not give me a towel or bottle of water like the sign said. The room that I was placed in was above the renovation of the lobby. They workers started working at 7 AM. The noise and the floor shook in my room. They gave me a street facing room, and the street noise came through. The breakfast was set of in a room due to the renovating, and that did not make it appetizing due to the darkness. But were willing to work with me on accommodating me on a timely mannor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side would be better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear mytime2shine,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Boise, ID.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

decent hotel for the price; staff was very friendly and helpful; I tried to use my rewards with them when we realized that I actually had 3 loyalty accounts; they were able to help me at the front desk get all of the information together so that I could combine my rewards into one account!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Arica H,

Thank you for your review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our friendly staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If I get to choose what hotel to stay at in Boise, I choose this one. I like the rooms, the beds, the linens, the breakfast, and the staff.

The beds are firm, but that seems to be the standard--also I like a firm bed. The biggest complaint I have is that the water is softened, but that's a personal preference rather than a real complaint.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have windows that only open a small bit.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed for 7 days at this motel before I could get in somewhere else for the remaining 7 days I was to be in Boise. The breakfast is great, best cinnamon rolls ever!! I had a room with 2 beds, i tried out both of them and they were terrible. I even took all the pillows from both beds (8 total) and made them into a cussion on top of one bed to try and make it better for the last two nights I was there.........no joy!! I woke up in the morning feeling 10 years older.....not good. The shower, shampoo, ammenities were all good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank froggyJMA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear froggyJMA,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback regarding your stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast choices and amenities.

Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience the bed quality has caused you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that you give us again the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future so we can show you what we have done.

Dhan M