“Sad 7 year old boy.”

Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Boise, Idaho
“Sad 7 year old boy.”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Rented a room to March 28 2014 with indoor pool to take my grand kids swimming since they hadn't done anything fun over spring break, while I was packing up the car to leave my grand son was playing his kindle (a gift he had done lots of chores for and begged for, for a long time) and watching cartoons, well after we left we realized we had left the kindle, so we hurried and went back 1 hour later. Sheets had been pulled from bed and kindle was gone. It was not turned into lost and found so I asked if they would please talk to house keeping because t was in the room but they said they didn't have it. I called to talk to manager it went to voice mail but no call was returned so I called again finally talked to manager but he said there was nothing he could do but will talk to general manager next week, I am really hoping they will make it right and replace it because it was there and my grandson has done lots of crying...fingers crossed will let you know how it turns out.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pnjgonzalez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I booked one night at this hotel on my recent road trip through Boise using a third party online app. Price was a bargain for this clean, well maintained property. Building is older, and has no elevator, so had to carry my bags upstairs.

Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Had these funny square pillows, but they were fine. Room had the usual, easy to use, one-cup-at-a-time coffee pot, but only powdered creamers. And one pouch of regular coffee, one pouch of decaf. If I were not traveling alone, I would have had to request additional coffee pouches. No water bottles in room.

Pool and hot tub are amazingly large. There is a seating area, arcade for the kids (and this particular day there were lots of kids in the pool area in the evening; I think there was a ball game in town) ... all indoors. I took advantage of the very bubbly hot tub first thing in the morning when I had it all to myself. Hot tub opens at 6am and pool at 7am.

On site steakhouse was great for an evening meal on my arrival, but prices were steep, ranging from $20 for flank steak to up to $40 for better cuts. Guests get a 10% discount off the entree. Friday morning the restaurant put on a great breakfast buffet for $7.50 ... no free breakfast at this hotel. But I would rather pay a few bucks for greater variety and hot food.

On arrival around 6pm, there was only one lady at the front desk, and she was over worked and behind on her work. But she was cheerful, efficient and I only had to wait about 10 mins before she was ready to check me in.

Enjoy a relaxed morning if you wish; check out is not until noon ... whereas a lot of hotels I've stayed at require you to be out by 10. Enjoy!

Room Tip: There appears to be a separate building next to the main buildings, which also has rooms. Get a room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stan P
BSUhomer, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Boise Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. While your wait at the front desk was longer than we would like it sounds like the rest of your stay with us was fantastic. We are always extremely happy to hear our guests have had a wonderful stay with us. I will pass your great comments on to the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.
Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

An amazing bargain on a really nice, very clean room. I'd have given it five stars if it had an elevator, the absence makes schlepping bags upstairs a pain, but the staff is very helpful. The restaurant is also a surprising gem, with amazing food and staff that will bend over backwards to make you happy.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We do not have an elevator due to the hotel only being two stories, but in the future we will be happy to find someone to assist you with your luggage.
Mountain Home, Idaho
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Ok normally I would say this is a fair hotel at a fair price. It's close to the airport and convenient when heading out of town. But this morning my judgment is clouded. By what you ask? Something about finding out your towel has two big poop stains on it when you start to dry off really turns you off to a place! I couldn't believe it and I even took a picture! I mean how do you miss that! It went through the wash!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are very concerned to hear your stay was not up to the high standards we strive for. We are addressing this issue so it does not happen again in the future. We hope you come back and try us again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Boise hotels

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This was a very spacious, quiet room in a standard business hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, staff was friendly.

We went to dine at the steakhouse but were turned away a half hour before they closed. We went to the hotel bar to have some pretty great burgers and excellent local wines in a cheesy, airport bar like environment.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are certainly glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the restaurant was closing before we could get you in for dinner, but In glad we were able to take care of you in the lounge with the food options we have in there.
Herriman
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The motel is right off the free way and close to the air port.
The rooms are clean mine had new carpet, but bathroom was small and needed updating.
There is a work out area, a good indoor pool area with a big screen for kids to watch cartoon out by the pool.
The bar a restaurant are good and the staff are freindly especially in the restaurant they were great with good attitudes.
Worth staying if you can get a good price.

Room Tip: If they have inside rooms try to get them, most rooms are on the outide wall where parking is about...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you took advantage of our large indoor pool during your stay. It's always fantastic getting great reviews from guests. I will pass your kind review on to the rest of the staff.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 3 March 2014

pulling into the parkinglot hotel looks nice but once u park all u see is ugly windows. the deluxe romantic package wasn't as nice as advertised online :/ but im guessing getting vouchers is romantic? hmmm.. since when...?oh and when i asked for a suite; im assuming they dont exsist. sadly the room was something motel 6 would put together. $141 for 1 night ?!? it was a waste of money should have took my fiance to the oxford hotel instead. lesson learned.!!!!! i was very embarassed overall.

• Stayed March 2014
BSUhomer, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Boise Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We are currently looking at how we do the romance packages to ensure our guests get the most enjoyment out of them.