“Nice hotel, many disappointments”

Wyndham Garden Boise Airport
Ranked #43 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Washington State
“Nice hotel, many disappointments”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Reservations: I made our reservation through Priceline for two rooms. I called and requested adjoining rooms. The hotel staff told me they cannot guarantee anything, but they would put in the request. When I called the same day as check-in, I was told that there were no adjoining rooms available. When I questioned further, I found out there are only THREE sets of adjoining rooms in the entire hotel. I think they should have notified me of that when I first requested it.

Check-in: The hotel was really easy to find, just off the highway. The front desk staff was informative and professional, and check-in went fairly quickly. She asked me how many vehicles we brought, and I said just one. Later on, I found a yellow paper in the folder with our room keys, which I assume was to put in our vehicle as a parking pass, but she hadn't said anything and we never did put it in the car. There was no penalty.

Rooms: We got neighboring rooms to split up our family of mom, dad, and five small children. There was very good sound barrier between rooms. My husband did find several candy wrappers on the floor of their room, which was surprising. The beds (we had rooms with two double) were comfortable. I prefer firm beds and slept great.

Breakfast: The hotel advertised a $5 breakfast. Even on the reader board outside the hotel itself, it said $5 breakfast! I assumed that meant each person was charged $5 for a continental breakfast. That was not the case. When we went downstairs for breakfast, we found the restaurant closed and people being seated in the sports bar for breakfast. When I asked about the $5 breakfast, she pointed out a few items on the menu that were $5. She said "The Boise" was the most common one, which is two eggs, hash browns, toast, and sausage or bacon. I noticed that Biscuits and Gravy was $5, and the most expensive thing was Eggs Benedict for $12 (ham) or $15 (salmon?). Most things were around $8.

Breakfast Service: Lousy. The waitress took a while to get to us, I asked for a carafe of apple juice, from the menu. She said "A what?" I pointed to the menu and said "A carafe. How do you say it?" She said "I have no idea what that is. You want a pitcher of juice??" I said sure. So she brought drinks, then came back later to get our order and didn't have a pen. She came back and we ordered, but we were informed that there was no hot chocolate, no tea, and the only "assorted cereal selection" was generic-brand corn flakes. The food took a normal amount of time for a full-service restaurant, but not what we expected for a quick hotel breakfast. My 10-year-old ordered an omelet, and it looked like it was made with maybe two eggs. My six-year-old ordered pancakes and she got two giant plate-sized pancakes, probably an inch thick. I had The Boise and it was good except for the bland hashbrowns.

Paying for Breakfast: At check-in, I had asked about the $5 breakfast and if we could pay ahead of time (as I had seen elsewhere) but she said no, we pay when we eat. I asked if we can attach it to our room charges and the front desk staff said yes. So after eating, I told the waitress that we just wanted to charge it to our room. She came back and said she needed the credit card we used for the room. I gave her my debit card. We were all packed up to leave and she came back apologizing, saying she was training and the lady who could run the card was making a room service run. We went to the room and loaded up the car, then I went to the bar after checking out, to get my card back, and she said they didn't know how to charge it to the room, so they just charged the card.

Overall, it was a very nice hotel. Traveling with children and with the above stated frustrations, I doubt we will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BSUhomer, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Boise Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I will look into your concerns regarding adjoining rooms. Unfortunately, we have a limited amount of those room types. We can not guarantee a specific room type until check in, due to occupancy. We will always try our best to accommodate every guest request.

I will address the issue with the front desk regarding the parking permits and communicating to the guests about their use.

We apologize for the inconvenience for the remodeling of the restaurant. That is why we were serving breakfast in our lounge area. The remodeling has ended and the restaurant is now fully opened again.

We do offer a breakfast menu for you to choose several items from. We do have some breakfast items that start at $5.00 and then other specialty items as well at an additional cost.

I do apologize for the misunderstanding of the breakfast cost. I will look into what happened with your credit card and breakfast being billed to your room.

I will forward your comments to our restaurant management. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and we appreciate your time and feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you will not stay with us in the future. We are always improving our hotel through guest comments and suggestions, like the one's you have provided.

208-343-4900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I was traveling through the Boise area and booked a room through a travel site that doesn't reveal the hotel name. until the booking is confirmed.

I arrived at the hotel to find a very well maintained exterior. The lobby is fresh and we'll lighted. The desk agent was extremely warm and welcoming. She easily answered all of my questions.

The room was in perfect condition. I had a very pleasant sleep.

The only two small opportunities to improve were that the room needs more power outlets. The outlets near the bed are behind it and could not be used. The desk lamp did have a single outlet on it. I ended up using the outlet from around the corner for one of my electronic devices.

The other improvement could be an HDTV.
The TV was fine, I just have become spoiled with the wide screen format.

I am very pleased with the rate that I paid. The standard price for this room is $100 less than name brand hotels of similar quality and star level.

I will definitely book all of my future stays in the Boise area at this Hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BigStrapper
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for positive feed back. I enjoyed hearing your good comments from your stay with us.

I will address with maintenance and housekeeping about the issue regarding the outlets.

Thank you again and we look forward to your future stays with us.

(208)343-4900
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property used to be a Holiday Inn. Back then it was a pretty good hotel, and had a decent restaurant. Since converting to a convention center, I would say the quality has suffered. Its an okay site for a convention, because it is close to the airport, has several conference rooms of varying sizes available, a pool, etc, all located within the hotel property. The staff seemed okay, but not overly excited about helping. The rooms were average size, but need updating. The pool is large and clean. The food is nothing to brag about. Its OKAY, but not much else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank retiredandtravelin'
BSUhomer, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Boise Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest and sincere feedback. We take this feedback as a way to improve our hotel and make it more enjoyable for every guest that stays with us. We are reviewing your concerns and looking into what we can change to make sure our hotel is heading in the right direction. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I took my family to a small weekend out of our home and let our boys have fun in the pool. We loved the idea of movie night for the kids with pop corn. We'll the next morning we took our boys out for a dip. It was us four and a small family of five enjoying the pool. When four older DRUNK ladies came in with a guy and start falling over each other. So I call the front desk and they said they would send someone. 15 minuets past and while waiting the started grabbing the other families children and almost drawn their baby. They finally brought down the maintenance man and did nothing. He shut the pool heater off and kept fallowing me around that I was starting the whole thing. I will never stay here again. I'll spend the more money and stay downtown. At least the call the cops and kick you out.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Crystal F
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that your experience in our pool was not a good one. We take every comment and concern very seriously. We will take every effort in making sure that this does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for letting us know.

(208)343-4900

Travellers are raving about these Boise hotels

Bellingham, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here a year ago and was quite impressed. Then I had a large room with a king bed and sofa and used a $49 hotel coupon from one of the coupon books from the Visitor Center. Staff was friendly and very efficient. This time I was told I couldn't use the coupon as there was a convention going on and limited rooms. So I paid $69 plus tax which was still a pretty good deal. But the room this time wasn't nearly as nice and was half the size of my last room. There was scraped paint on the bathroom door and a chip on the counter and other signs that this room needed updated. Also getting to my room was hard as the stairway was blocked by the cleaning crew's large laundry bin. I wasn't even sure if I was allowed to use that stairway - thought maybe they were blocking it for a reason. Finally asked a cleaning lady and she said I could use the stairs so I moved the cart to get by. Then I had a hard time finding room as the numbers did not run in numerical order. Room 47 and 49 next to each other but across from them was a totally different number. 48 was way down the hall on other side. Weird. Once in my room, I found that television stations were very limited so I went down to use computer in their "business center." Two young children around the ages of 6 and 8 were using the computers and playing games with no adult around. A half hour later I went down and they were still there. I asked the desk clerk about them and she said she would call me when they were done. I never did receive a call from her but checked back fifteen minutes later and children were gone so I FINALLY got to use computer. I feel as though the staff member should have told the children they needed to go as someone needed to use the computer. Adult paying customers should have priority over children playing games especially when they had been there for quite some time already and were unsupervised. Will I stay here again? I don't know. I may give it another chance if I can use a coupon for a reduced rate - otherwise I may try elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
BSUhomer, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Boise Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for the negative experiences you had during your stay with us. I want to assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel. We are currently addressing the issues you have brought to our attention and we hope that you will come back to give us another try.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Booked park-n-fly through travel site. They claimed that it wasn't. Staff seemed untrained but took care of my needs without charge. On airport pick up/drop off, great service. Got dropped off right next to my car!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service. We apologize for any confusion at the front desk during your check in process. We are always working with our guest associates to provide the best experience possible to each guest during their arrival and departure.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had booked a room through a pet hotel service and pre-paid on my move back to WA state the end of September 2013. Supposedly ALL up front cost (I used someones CC to book and just paid them cash since I do not believe in credit).

When I arrived I was informed there would be a $20.00 fee for the cat. After trying to explain this was prepaid she said no it was not. Tired from sriving over the mountains I was going to just pay the extra, them was told they do not take checks and needed the CC booked with.

They refused to let me stay in the $95.00 room and I had to book across the way at the Motel 6 ! INTERESTING since there was a Convention of some sort happening and maybe they figured they could get maybe $200.00 from someone else. I was NEVER reimbursed for the money they stole.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE ! Their are crooks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for any confusion during your check in process. We do gladly accept pets, however, we do charge a pet fee no matter how the room was booked or paid for. And unfortunately over time we have phased out accepting checks as a form of payment as most hotels have done. We are happy to accept debit/credit cards as well as cash.