“Noisy pets are allowed”

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Boise
SLC
“Noisy pets are allowed”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I checked into this hotel with my young family. The room was clean and the staff seemed nice. The experience turned negative when we had put the kids to sleep around 9:30 pm. There was a dog barking in the room below us (sounded like a large one). The owners of the dog were not in the room and the desk clerk couldn't get a hold of them. Long story short, we ended up waking up our kids and moving to another room and re-packing our luggage.

No discounts on the room rate, but if I was a "reward member" I'd be given additional points! I thought the staff could've done more to make me a happier customer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We were in town for a brief weekend visit and picked this hotel because we were looking for clean and affordable and it came with a flight, hotel, car package through Expedia. I'm not sure what we paid for it nightly as the package hid that price, but it was relatively clean but pretty dated. We had no idea exactly where in Boise this hotel was, but it is across the freeway from the airport. For those seeking quiet, we would suggest elsewhere, although it was centrallly-located between Boise and some of its suburbs. Should most likely be upgraded (needs new caulking, etc.). We were put in a room that was next to the freeway, so between the freeway, loud A/C unit and the fact that the doors had a fair amount of torque when shut, it was one of the louder places we stayed. Even with earplugs, I wouldn't say I had a good night's sleep. When we asked for a quiet room, we were told that they couldn't change us, and never offered to have us check back the following day. Customer service was not top notch, but we also weren't staying at the Four-Seasons. The morning breakfast was decent: muffins, eggs (if there early enough), waffle machine and cereal and yogurt could be found as part of your room price. Coffee was also available at no charge in -room and in the lobby.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Alabama
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We never have stayed at a Fairfied Inn and so I was not sure what to expect. It was clean, and near the airport, but it was dated and our room was near the pool and was a handicap one and it smelled of chorine. It was not my first choice, the other places were full. There is a Holiday Inn express and Hampton in the same area that were both full and were quite nice looking. They did have a nice breakfast and the service was great. The check in went easy and she helped me on the computer to get my flight boarding passes. IT is just dated.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alabamabook
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel is not necessarily luxurious; the furnishings are a bit dated and the AC is a window unit. However, friendly staff, comfortable mattresses, and cleanliness make up for any faults. Since we were traveling with our children, I requested in advance--and received--adjoining rooms, which included a complimentary upgrade of one room to an executive king (rooms 218 & 220). Both rooms were very clean, and the housekeeping staff had left handwritten welcome notes on the nightstands. Breakfast was standard FI fare (waffles, cold cereal, muffins, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches), but also included freshly cooked bacon and eggs, which were prepared by the friendly and attentive Vicki. We felt like we were guests in her home rather than visitors in a hotel. We stayed just one night after flying in late to the Boise airport, but we felt invigorated after a good night's sleep and friendly conversation with the morning staff. Since this location is a Level 1 Marriott property, we were able to book both rooms with just 15,000 points. This incredible value--along with the genuine hospitality--earns this Fairfield Inn 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelSavvyMomAZ
The Villages, Florida, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Boise ID. The staff greeting at check-in was very professional and pleasant. Our room was very clean and spacious. The hotel was very close to the airport and access to various attractions,

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard K
Pacific, Washington
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels; I'm sure you hear this a lot. I had a first floor room 119 that felt damp and musty the air conditioner was really noisy when it kicked in and the overall condition of the room was not Marriott quality. In the bathroom there was what looked like a hole kicked in the wall next to the toilet "small but not something you would see at a Marriott". The shower curtain was ripped at the corners and the curtain rod trim pieces were falling off on one side "again not what you expect to see at a Marriott". I was not impressed with the overall cleanliness of the room dirt in the corners, dust built up next to the walls, poor patch to the wall paper on the wall next to the bed, desk chair was stained and just looked kinda nasty. I'm not sure what was going on or what TV channels this hotel was suppose to have but not much worked. The interactive menus did not work and you only had a select few channels to chose from that were not all scrambled. The main hallway on the first floor has a huge stain that goes from the lobby all the way down the hall "Again not what you expect to see in a Marriott". On several occasions I went to the front desk and it was unattended sometimes with a sign saying be right back other times not. The business center or public computer was painfully slow and did not have front access USB ports. My last night at the hotel I worked pretty late, that morning I was woke up by housekeeping knocking on my door at 9:30am. With all that being said the Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Boise area has a lot of great hotels to stay at for this price I would prefer to say elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Scott K
Mount Prospect, IL
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The staff at the Fairfield Inn Boise make customers their number one priority. This combined with a great location, close to the airport and expressways make it a great place to stay. Our room was quiet and comfortable and the breakfast better than most of this type. Not as up-to-date as other Fairfield Inns where we've stayed...but by far the friendliest. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends