“It's a fine place - not great but nothing bad either.”

Fairfield Inn Boise
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many a Fairfield. So, I kinda know what to expect. This met my expectations exactly. Convenient, clean, quiet. Just what I needed for my one day business trip. Next time I am in the area, I will stay there again.

It looks like an older property. The decor is a little dated-but clean and well maintained. I imagine it will get a remodel in the next few years.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 13 July 2013

If you're searching for a Marriott property in the Boise area, this will probably be the cheapest, but that comes at a cost. The staff were very helpful and friendly, but given the limitations of the property, its age and condition, I'm not sure its a very good value. The property is ready for a refresh to match the quality I've seen at most other Fairfield Inn locations.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed there twice on the way back and forth to Olympia Washington. I am a Marriott Fan and a Platinum Elite member, so always use Marriotts if possible. Next time through Boise I'll find another Marriott. This Hotel needs a good cleaning and top to bottom overhaul. First room coming and going we were assigned, we found the AC did not work, took over an hour both times to get into another room. One of the rooms, the In room Refrig did not work, was too tired to change rooms again. The desk Clerk on the way back (second visit - would not have been a second visit, but had advance reservations and other Marriott Springfield Suites was fully booked) spent over 15 minutes on the phone with someone, while my wife and I waited to check in and during the check In, answered the phone twice again, thought we would never get checked in. I have never said this about a Marriott before, but would suggest you consider another Hotel for your Boise visit. This Hotel is a good off and on the Route #84, buts that's the only benefit

Room Tip: Don't chose any room at all
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Older, but well maintained property (though you can see some signs of wear and tear) next to freeway easy to find and get to.

Room was clean with comfortable beds & pillows. Flat screen TV with good channel selection and HBO. Microwave & mini-fridge are in the room.

They offered above average breakfast with scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, cereal, yogurt, etc.; unfortunately the only fresh fruit were oranges.

Some issues:
1) Freeway noise; it is constant so bring earplugs for restful sleep
2) Tight parking as the lot is shared with Hampton Inn
3) No drive through (un)loading area so you may get wet when it rains. We did, and it poured
4) No services walking distance by; you will have to drive

We paid $90.29 (incl. tax) for 4 people. Not a bad value if you do not mind the freeway noise.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I come to Boise a lot for business. I am a Marriott guy and have stayed in a few Marriott properties in Boise. I like the Fairfield for a couple of reasons: price and location. It is near the airport, has everything I need, fitness center (small 3 pieces of equipment) cooked breakfast like the Residence Inn and friendly staff especially Tina. 10 minutes to downtown. 2 minutes to the airport. Free shuttle if you need. They will take you to downtown restaurants if you ask and pick you up. Aloe bees restaurant across the street.

Room Tip: On the east side less freeway noise, which is not excessive anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for a soccer tournament. They were very helpful with all the soccer groups. They let us keep our mountain bikes locked up in the stairwell (we kept the bikes clean) and they helped us find things to do, places to eat, etc.

Only downside is the proximity to the interstate. A little noisy. Otherwise, great family stay.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I had stayed at this hotel many times last year and have always been satisfied, but have not been in the area again until last week and had to write a review just because of the beds. Probably the best beds I have slept in not in an upscale hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family