“Dirty, unkempt, untidy.”

Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in Boise
West Coast
“Dirty, unkempt, untidy.”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The first room we were assigned had not been made up. The second room we were assigned had missing silverware, and urine stains and feces in the toilet. The third room we were assigned had a burned-out light bulb and filthy carpeting. Trash can in the hallway near the door at the end of the building was overflowing. Trash littered the parking area in places. All in all, this was the most unkempt-looking place we have ever stayed at. This place needs serious attention to bring it up to minimal standards.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ikoniker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Idaho
Reviewed 3 December 2008

They have made some upgrades and are changing even more.
It looks and feesl so much better now to stay in one of the rooms.
I am sure once they are done it will even be better!

• Liked — being able to cook
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jonsilverfox
KAILUA
Reviewed 18 September 2008

Outstanding value! I have stayed here twice and have reservations again in October. The rooms have been clean and quiet. The kitchenette saves on food costs, offering the opportunity to pick up groceries and cook on your own. Location is perfect -- just 5 minutes to the airport and 10 minutes to BSU or downtown. I found the staff helpful and friendly. Definitely plan to stay here for my future Boise travels -- which will be many while my son attends the university.

• Liked — Excellent value, great location, includes a kitchenette.
  • Disliked — No pool.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HNLMom
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 30 December 2007

Since I had a long drive from home and weather is fairly unpredictable for the area, I decided to book a hotel fairly close to the airport. So with that, I went to Hotwire and booked with the cheapest and closest, which was the Extended Stay Hotel. Staying numerous time with Extended Stays throughout the country, I knew what to expect: A room with a kitchenette, basic services and fairly clean.
Arriving at the hotel, it looked like all the others, even the check-in area looked the same. After checking in, the fun began! My room door would not open without fighting with the cardkey, which in an emergency, would have been bad. The desk graciously moved me to another room after almost getting the key stuck in the door when they tried to fix it. My new room was great, except for a refrigerator that must have had a prior life as a race car -- and good one at that.
Once I was used to the race car and I fell asleep, I was awoken by screeching of the fire alarm at 4:04am. The fire department let us back to our rooms around 4:20 and once again I went back to sleep. That was short lived, as at 4:40am, it was screeching once again. It was found that a sensor in the maintenance room had gone bad......and this was an almost nightly occurance (as stated by one of the other guests).
The hotel never issued an apology or made any offers of reimbursement, but being that I got it from Hotwire, I am not too bothered by any monetary compensation; it would just be right on their part to offer something.

Pluses: The hotel is close to the airport, the rooms are clean, there is a 7-11 across the street and it does have internet access.
Minuses: The fire alarm went off at 4:04am and 4:40am.

• Liked — Location to airport
  • Disliked — Lousy fire alarm system
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Boise hotels

Idaho
Reviewed 27 February 2007

Got a good deal through Hotwire as we were flying into Boise for just a couple of days. Upon arrival we noticed the hotel looked a little shabby outside. We made a comment we hadn't paid a fortune for the room and got over it. We requested a non smoking room on a upper floor. They accomodated us with a room upstairs but the hallways smelled of smoke. The bed was semi comfortable with a very thin blanket and bedspread. It was nice having a full size fridge,sink, dishes microwave etc... After a full day of taking in the sights we returned to the room to shower and jump into bed. We walked in and found the dirty towels, and the bed un made. We called the desk and they stated they only make the bed once a week and the same goes for the towels. YUK! We used the same towels, set the alarm because they don't do wake up calls and fell asleep. A couple hours later the fire alarm went off sending the entire hotel guest outside to the front of the hotel to await the firemen. I guess it might have been 25 degrees at that point, just to find out someone had been cooking and let too much smoke into a hallway. We had to get up early to catch out plane, and needless to say didn't get much rest. We won't stay again.

• Liked — Fridge/Microwave
  • Disliked — Bed not made no clean towels
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank meeshb
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2005

Booked online at their own web site, they guarantee best rate on their rooms.

Hotel is close to the airport on the way to downtown, rooms are spacious and they of course have a full kitchen with regular size fridge, desk area, wireless internet access, etc. Room was clean, but their was a hairpin in the bed frame that the maid probably should have seen.

The only other negatives would be the furnishings were somewhat plain, chair in room had a cigarette burn in it. It isn't the Four Seasons, but for a rate under $75 it is a good deal compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Boise.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business