“I am at a loss for words.”
Review of Boise Inn

Boise Inn
Boise Inn
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Boise, Idaho
“I am at a loss for words.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Im not at all shocked this place has so many bad reviews I am shocked that they maintain a business with the way they treat guests, the man at the front desk acted as if I was a robber, my name had not been added by accident and they threatened me for "tresspassing" and said I couldnt even be added as a guest at all and only my bf could stay in the room we rented for a week and couldnt get refunded for. I have never in my life felt as disrespected and badly treated as i did here. They need to be shut down.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CeciliaBoiseTrips

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This place needs to be condemned worst place ever smelled worst than rotting flesh 75 dollars for a room with two beds in the scummiest part of town the homeless were half a block away, the Boise inn smelled bad of at least ten years or more of cigarette smoke that filled the lobby area and hallways looked bad and was bad plaster falling off the place 5 broken windows I counted that I could see drapes looked like they were rotting and full of mold, Avoid with all caution.... I give this place from a 1 to 10 minus 0. Run for your lives I say this is a bad bad place to stay......

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Tequlia S

Travellers are raving about these Boise hotels

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Room smelled of urine window was broke looked like black mold in bath room
Wanted to leave and find another place after paying
Verry rude people charged us for 2 hours to get a refund never again dont go

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank nevertelya
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The other reviewer has it completely right in her summation of the rude ownership. While I was staying here and was paid through a week my card stopped working on the second day. The owner instead of politely dropping what she was doing and issuing me a new card told me rudely to wait until she finished the totally unimportant work that she was doing instead of helping her customer. After I told her she needed to help me now as the customer she lost her cool and told me she was going to charge me MORE THAN I HAD ALREADY PAID for the room to be able to stay. It escalated to the husband saying he was going to call the cops on me to kick me out if I didn't. So I said go ahead and called them as well. Once the cops arrived and I showed them my receipts the cops took my side and the owners had to back down and leave me alone but I was floored at this treatment. NEVER STAY HERE

Beyond that the rooms have ants crawling in them and even in the non-smoking rooms the smell of smoke filters down from smoking rooms above. But all of that is secondary compared to the predatory business practice of the owners. They need to lose their business license ASAP

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, you are taking a risk any room you pick. Take a pass and your business elsewhere...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Kirk W
Las Vegas
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I was here in boise for a three day business trip and I needed a cheap hotel to stay in. The Boise Inn had pretty good service, and the rooms were very clean. I will definatlely stay at the Boise Inn in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 23 January 2012

When this was The Econo Lodge it was a very nice place to stay. Now I will not stay there with the new ownership. The front desk clerk was very rude and snappy. He lost his cool and was very disrespectful. After standing at the window for 20 minutes waiting for someone to help us he finally showed up. Obviously we had woken him up. We were complaining about having to wait and shout behind the desk to get someone's attention so he refused to give us a room. Went across the street the the Riverside.

I agree with ConcernedTraveller23

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TCinIdaho
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I was offered the special rate of $33/night for my 10-night stay so I went for it. First I'll mention the positives... Free internet with a strong connection even from the 3rd floor. Refrigerator and microwave were included in the room and the price was reasonable. The negatives... When I entered the bathroom I discovered a thick black residue along the waterline of the toilet. The bed was very hard as were the pillows... I ended up going to Walmart and purchasing an air-mattress and pillow to make do. When I checked out, I politely mentioned to the owner some of the problems in the room such as a few non-working outlets and lamps, but rather than be receptive, he angrily said "How many complaints are you going to make?" It was his rudeness that inspired me to write this review. So in conclusion, it's a cheap motel... this would probably be a great place to bring your insignificant other, but next time I'll look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business