“It's not what it seems”

Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Phoenix
“It's not what it seems”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is an old econo lodge it's not an inn not hotel it's a motel terrible beds filthy dirty showers horrible towels no soap no shampoo I am lucky I got got sheets on the bed very poor upkeep I have stayed at motel 6s that where better

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Crazydad1008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I believe this used to be an Econo Lodge, then became the Vista Inn and is now the Boise Inn. The current owners do make attempts to keep it clean but the entire building as well as the rooms are in need of extensive maintenance. By maintenance, I am referring to several rooms with broken windows which are visible from the exterior.

The front desk person was very nice. They have snacks and such available at the front desk, no vending machines. We got a queen sized room. It was clean but extremely "tired". Minimal amount of towels were in the bathroom and the bath towels were worn pretty thin. The pillows on the bed were pretty flat as well.

We checked in but decided to leave after a few hours as I just didn't feel completely safe there.

There are a couple of other hotel options within the same area that I would pursue prior to staying here. However, if you want a cheap hotel and you aren't awfully picky.....go for it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TripZee

Travellers are raving about these Boise hotels

Boise, ID.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I lived in this hotel for a year. You are about 50 yards from the Boise River and the green belt, that goes for miles and miles. In just a few blocks you are right in the middle of down town. The owners are friendly and offer discounts for longer stays. Free WIFI and cable TV.
I was last there a few months ago and stop in now and then just to say hi.

Room Tip: Third floor is smoking only.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Im not at all shocked this place has so many bad reviews I am shocked that they maintain a business with the way they treat guests, the man at the front desk acted as if I was a robber, my name had not been added by accident and they threatened me for "tresspassing" and said I couldnt even be added as a guest at all and only my bf could stay in the room we rented for a week and couldnt get refunded for. I have never in my life felt as disrespected and badly treated as i did here. They need to be shut down.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CeciliaBoiseTrips
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This place needs to be condemned worst place ever smelled worst than rotting flesh 75 dollars for a room with two beds in the scummiest part of town the homeless were half a block away, the Boise inn smelled bad of at least ten years or more of cigarette smoke that filled the lobby area and hallways looked bad and was bad plaster falling off the place 5 broken windows I counted that I could see drapes looked like they were rotting and full of mold, Avoid with all caution.... I give this place from a 1 to 10 minus 0. Run for your lives I say this is a bad bad place to stay......

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Tequlia S
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Room smelled of urine window was broke looked like black mold in bath room
Wanted to leave and find another place after paying
Verry rude people charged us for 2 hours to get a refund never again dont go

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank nevertelya
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The other reviewer has it completely right in her summation of the rude ownership. While I was staying here and was paid through a week my card stopped working on the second day. The owner instead of politely dropping what she was doing and issuing me a new card told me rudely to wait until she finished the totally unimportant work that she was doing instead of helping her customer. After I told her she needed to help me now as the customer she lost her cool and told me she was going to charge me MORE THAN I HAD ALREADY PAID for the room to be able to stay. It escalated to the husband saying he was going to call the cops on me to kick me out if I didn't. So I said go ahead and called them as well. Once the cops arrived and I showed them my receipts the cops took my side and the owners had to back down and leave me alone but I was floored at this treatment. NEVER STAY HERE

Beyond that the rooms have ants crawling in them and even in the non-smoking rooms the smell of smoke filters down from smoking rooms above. But all of that is secondary compared to the predatory business practice of the owners. They need to lose their business license ASAP

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, you are taking a risk any room you pick. Take a pass and your business elsewhere...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo