“Concert night in Boise”

Ranked #39 of 58 Hotels in Boise
ID
“Concert night in Boise”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed the night to be closer to a concert and avoid traffic...hotel is about 5 minutes straight down the hill to BSU! Room was large enough to handle all five of us...and clean and comfortable. Beds/bedding was great, boys loved the outdoor pool on a hot day, and staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Shilo Inn and I couldn't have asked for better service. I had a long day of flying (9 hours to be exact) including two layovers. I was tired and ready to relax. From the moment I called the hotel to come pick me up, to the moment I checked out ,I recieved excellent service. Annie, who drove the shuttle to the hotel was friendly and helpful, and she made me feel more like a friend than just another customer. Sarah, who was the desk clerk, was also pleasant and not only got me checked in, but gave me menus to local returaunts that delivered. My room was clean and extremely comfortable which, mixed with the warm, friendly service I recieved, made the stressful day melt away. I feel that the staff at Shilo Inn went above and beyond and when flying to Boise (which I do 1 to 2 times a year) I will never stay anywhere else. Thank you Annie, Sarah, and Shilo Inn for a great nights sleep. Keep up the good work!

• Liked — the friendly,helpful staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2008

I stayed at this Shilo to take advantage of the Park 'n Fly rate. I was able to park my car and stay overnight when I returned from my business trip. The shuttle was fast and convenient, the property is about 5 minutes from the airport, the room was average. Well worth the $100!

• Liked — Park 'n Fly rates.
  • Disliked — Faint smell of cigarette smoke in a nonsmoking room.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Scandia, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 May 2008

I was prepared for a truckstop motel. Nothing could have been further from the truth...though it's adjacent to a truckstop:)

Staff was outstanding. The breakfast offer next door was great. ONLY downside was the wifi was awful. Horrible. Unusable. Talked with a co-worker who said it's always been that way and he had to suck a signal off a truckstop a mile away.

Stayed May 2008
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 19 October 2007

We have stayed at this hotel several times, as they accept pets (we travel with our cat) and the rooms are always spacious, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, on our latest stay we discovered that the bridge that provides access to the hotel was under construction and the freeway exit was closed. It was difficult to find the detour route to the hotel, as it was not well signed (we had to call the hotel after we'd gone past and around). We had called the hotel directly to make the reservation, so we were annoyed that they hadn't bothered to mention this. So - the hotel is still OK, but be sure to confirm the construction status before staying there. Also be sure to request a room on the opposite side from the construction.

• Liked — Location, comfort, takes pets
  • Disliked — Unmentioned highway construction
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 18 July 2007

On a long drive I wanted someplace close to the highway so I could just get a quick night's sleep and hit the road again. When I arrived in my room I immediately thought, "Why can't I stay here longer?"
I'd picked up one of those free hotel discount magazines you get in roadside travel centers or fast-food restaurants. There was a 15% off coupon for Shiloh Inn so I gave it a try.
I ended up getting a junior suite for $84 plus tax! This room is twice the size of one I had a few nights ago for $99 plus tax!
I'm going to re-think my opinion of Shiloh Inns across the country.
My room has a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, separate wet bar, mini-living room with TV in addition to the one at the foot of the bed. I also like that the sink is outside the shower/commode area in the event there are two people sharing the room. There is a desk for my laptop plus another table for eating if I choose to do so.

I travel extensively and am in a hotel every night for weeks on end. For this price, you can't beat this place.

• Liked — Huge room! Amenities galore! Price!
  • Disliked — There is a highway on one side of the hotel. With the windows closed, the noise was almost gone.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Roadhog07
seattle
Reviewed 9 April 2006

Well maintained property. Our unit was on south side and very quiet, but the other side may have highway noise. Includes popcorn, hot drinks, cookies, and local paper. Washer and dryer with comp detergent. Breakfast voucher for cafe nextdoor.

• Stayed April 2006