“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bonners Ferry
Kootenai Valley Motel
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We came for two nights and stayed four. The room rates are quite reasonable and the rooms perfectly adequate. Don't expect luxury - do expect clean, comfortable rooms. They have a nice big grassy area with huge pots of flowers, picnic tables and a firepit (yes, firewood is provided). Also a nice hot tub area. Management seemed friendly & nice. I would come back here if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Kootenai Valley Inn is clean place to stay. It is close to the Chick and Chop restaurant and the Super1 grocery store across the street. Pets are welcome as well. I recommend this to my family when they visit, A great value!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed for two nights in May 2014. We won't be checking in again and here are the outstanding reasons: irreverent housekeeping staff who pushed us out at 11:12 am, when this motel lists on their website check out time is at 1pm. But we were already right then leaving so what was the problem? Two: room cleanup quality which was substandard...I looked at the coffee pot glass and was glad I brought my own grinds and that there was a microwave. Another decline reason is my husband was given curt and misleading info via phone about the jacuzzi room, and fireplace rooms and their availability for our travel dates. Not last nor least, we DID get both a private whirlpool (NOT the jacuzzi room, which is open to ALL guests) and a chimney room, but there's no kindle available and this is also ditto for the outdoor pit. But 'tho individual preferences decide, the too busy 95 right next to it make sitting outdoors nerveracking for one seeking a peaceful getaway: just barely relaxing if even that. As to be expected as with many hotels, the Net connection was touch and go but it was imposs. to get on via actual laptop, and their passwords did not solve the issue. We were also given other misleading info but the point is this motel was all but empty save for some scant other guests, and it has potential but remains near dilapitated in some eyeviews. Housekeeping literally acted like she did not care if we honored the hotel with our repeat business or not....so why should we remain silent as much as disappointed about it? No need. But the young woman at the desk was friendly and respectful and at least the guests can "bring Fido" and for a very small fee. Pretty backyard view and we wished somehow there was a quiet table/pit out there, but there is not.

Room Tip: Not sure, depends on if one has a pet and what inclusions/ameneties they want. The wooden, heated ja...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank E B
Mandy_Tompkins, General Manager at Kootenai Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We are very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. As stated in the email I sent you I told you when reservations were made the fireplace suite wasn't available, we had a cancellation and I put you in there because I remembered you asked about it. Firewood is available upon request and there wasn't any at the firepit because it had been raining. I also stated that if you were not happy with the room we would have refunded you after the first night and found you a pet friendly room somewhere else. If we had known about the coffeepot we would have replaced it but you were there for 2 days and didn't mention it. Regarding the internet, I had explained in the email that we had been having issues and have had Frontier here and they replaced the modem Friday which didn't fix the problem. I also apologized for the housekeeper making you feel rushed, we are always willing to give people a late checkout if needed. I asked in the email how we could make this better and have not had a response.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife had never been to Bonners Ferry and I had only drove through it once. We wanted to do a little overnight getaway so we headed to Bonners Ferry to check out the casino and spend the night. We did not want to pay Best Western prices so looked for a cheaper motel and we found this little place. It is an older motel however is well very well kept up and we loved the "cabin" type feel with the wood walls and wood ceiling. The bathroom and shower were a little small, but it that was ok, we were only there is relax a little and sleep. We loved how they had the park like setting with the firepit, however it was raining like crazy when we were there so we nor did the other guests take advantage of the "park". Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean..however had a little "musty" smell. But again, this is an older motel. We will definitely make plans to stay at this motel again when we decide to go to the Casino!

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Bonners Ferry just to hit the casino and spend the night, stay at Kootenai V...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beade
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at Kootenai Valley Motel in September, 2013 while traveling from Glacier to Hell's Canyon. The motel is conveniently located on the main road. We had made reservations ahead of time from information on the internet and the person that we talked with was helpful and friendly. When we arrived at the office to check in, I was a little disappointed in the physical condition of the office and quite frankly was a little concerned about the comfort and cleanliness of our room. But arriving in the room we found the room and bathroom to be very clean except for the carpet in the room. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siteseers2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I don't know that I've ever before had a working wood-burning fireplace in a hotel or motel room, so for that reason alone this was a memorable stay. And that was just one of the features that gave the room a warm and welcoming feel. All in all, it felt like we were guests in someone's home as opposed to a place of business. Some of the furnishings and trim were a little worn, so we won't give it five stars, but in a small town with limited options, this was an outstanding find and we will definitely stay there again the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank newkruzer
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I recently spent a night at the Kootenai Valley Motel in Bonners Ferry while traveling through the State of Idaho. While an older motel it is well kept, clean, comfortable, and attractively priced. There is a large shaded area in the middle of the property which includes both a playground as well as a BBQ pit. The proprietor was extremely friendly, and with her two dogs provided a warm welcome to Bonners Ferry. Not sure about Wi-Fi access as I had no luck with a signal during my stay, but for myself it was not critical. I believe there is a also spa on property but I did not check it out. Dining options are available a short drive away, and a large 24-hour grocery market is practically across the street. Even though the highway is nearby I did not notice excess traffic noise, which is always a bonus.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo