Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bonners Ferry
Radium Hot Springs, Canada
“Our Getaway”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We just got back from a short stay at this property. After an initial mix up we ended up with a room that was excellent for our needs. The staff throughout the property from the front desk , housekeepers, casino staff and the restaurant servers, we were met with warm welcomes and helpful professional service. Since this was off season we had great rates and when we got storm stayed by Cleon we had a great special they were offering. Thank-you

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was my first stay here and I was pleasantly surprised.
This was one of the best front desks you will ever encounter! Friendly and professional at the same time. They listen to your requests then do what they can, no games. They are just good!
I got a river view room. The room seemed kind of small when I first walked in, but I think it was the way it was laid out. Once I was un-packed and settled in it turned out to be just right. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave. The coffee maker was a one cup machine, but the coffee it made was good. I usually hate the breakfast coupon thing, but it works here. I sat at a riverfront table while I ate and watched the wildlife as the sun came up! The breakfast and coffee were good too!
Everything worked and was clean. I would stay here again just on how I was treated at the front desk. The price was right and there seemed to be plenty to do in the area.
I would rather stay here than in Sandpoint.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
bonners ferry, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

From the minute I checked in everyone was helpful and had a smile, there is no better of a way to start a visit tnat an infectious smile.. I loved the casino and the view from the room was great. The pool, hot tumb, and sauna were relaxing, not to mention the staff was excelant

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pullman, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is an above-average hotel for this area. It is within easy walking distance of the downtown. The only drawback is the sound of the train horn at night - there is one railroad crossing a block away, and it's very busy at night and the horns are very loud. I am a railfan so it's not a deterent for me, but many would probably find it off-putting to say the least. Also, we waited 15 minutes for service of the complimentary breakfast at the resturant before we got up and left. If you're the patient type that won't be a problem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank David S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I recently passed through northern Idaho and stopped overnight in Bonner's Ferry. The Best Western has a nice location right next to the 95 highway and had generally positive reviews on tripadvisor so we decided to stay the night. We requested a room in the lodge building to be away from the casino atmosphere (ie noise and smoking). Our room was huge and looked brand new. There was virtually no noise from the other guests. BUT... there was a train going past the hotel 1-2 times per hour all night, sounding its horn. This is not a place to stay if you want a relaxing sleep! Do yourself a favour, stay in Sandpoint, ID, which is just an hour south and much nicer with better hotel options.

2 Thank MAG1414
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel is just outside the small town of Bonners Ferry next to motorway 95 (2). The hotel is owned by the Kootenai Tribe and references to them are everywhere. There is a casino, a nice restaurant overlooking the river and a large hotel section. There are well maintained little gardens around the hotel.

The room was very nice and big with a small table,large flat screen TV and two big beds. The bathroom was nice and clean with walls from nature stone. Furthermore there was a microwave and a refrigerator. The TV had a limited number of channels to choose from and failed from time to time.

Free Wifi internet worked well with sufficient speed for streaming media..

Breakfast was very good. Not from a buffet but made to order and served at your table by friendly staff.

The hotel is in a quiet location if only there had been no trains passing on the tracks nearby. And there are a lot of trains passing day and night. From 0:00 to 7:30AM there were eight trains passing with regular intervals. And as there is a rail road crossing nearby the hotel the drivers have to sound the horn a couple of times. This is beyond control of the hotel but with the design they could have at least included sound proof windows. Now the trains woke me up all through the night despite having earplugs in.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs or more as cargo trains pass nearby day and night and the sound their horns close to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SeimenBurum
Edmonton
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and I still love it, even more so now that the rooms have been renovated! We stayed for three nights from September 30 to October 3, 2013. There are two parts to the hotel: the main building is built right along the river and every room has a balcony overlooking the river; the newer building is not on the river, does not have any balconies, and you have to go outside to get to it. The rooms in the older section have all been renovated and are quite lovely. It costs a little more to stay in the main building but, for me, having the balcony overlooking the river is worth it. While we were there, we had a rain shower which produced a rainbow that ended in the river right in front of our room. Beautiful!!! The first time I stayed there was in the Spring and there were hundreds of river Swallows flying around; this time there were hundreds of geese which seemed to come in the evening and leave in the morning; interesting to hear and watch. The beds are very comfortable and have plenty of pillows. There is a mini fridge and a huge flat screen TV. The shower is large and we were supplied with plenty of towels, pool towels, and lovely terry robes. There is a small safe in the closet. The room was complemented with a comfy chair and lamp as well as a small table and 2 chairs. The clock radio showed the time on the ceiling which was not as distracting as you might think. The clock also has several buttons you can select to get different relaxing sounds. The pool area is indoors in a room that has two walls of glass so feels very open and doors that could be opened out to a patio when the weather is warm enough. The water was a comfortable temperature. There is a small Jacuzzi tub that holds 2 people very comfortably; 4 is a little crowded but OK. There is a sauna and a gym which I did not use so cannot comment on that. There are three separate casino rooms; one of them is non smoking. The restaurant was quite good; we enjoyed the meals that we had and the service was good while we were there. I would recommend making reservations for dinner as, when we went they were very busy and we had to sit in the bar area which we didn't mind but some might. I had read a few negative reviews about the service in the restaurant and the hotel but, quite honestly we have only positive comments about restaurant, front desk, and housekeeping. The grounds are immaculate; both times I have stayed at the hotel I have noticed someone outside cleaning up the parking lot and tending to the gardens. It really is a pleasant place to stay. There is a short walk through a little tunnel from the hotel to the main street where you can wander through a few shops. Just on the town side of the tunnel, there is a Visitor Information Centre. The little museum was amazing to see although this time they were not open when we tried to go through it. There is a grocery store a short couple of blocks from the hotel if you need to pick up anything. There are a few places to eat in town. We went to Mugsy's as it came highly recommended by someone on our tour but we were not as impressed, and actually preferred to eat at the hotel although we did pick up some fruit, yogourt, and muffins at the grocery store for our last breakfast. There is a Spa which offers extensive services but we did not use it so, again, cannot comment on that. Another really pleasant experience is how friendly everybody in town is; they seem to really enjoy welcoming visitors to their charming little town, so go and enjoy the small town experience!!

Room Tip: For us personally, we would only stay in the main building because of the balcony overlooking the ri...
1 Thank EdmontonCruisinmama
Dodge Peak Lodge
#3 of 4 in Bonners Ferry
Northside School Bed and Breakfast
Western Pleasure Guest Ranch

Been to Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!