“A clean, comfortable, newly renovated motel. I'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oregon Trail Motel

Oregon Trail Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buhl
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A clean, comfortable, newly renovated motel. I'll be back!”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Skeptical about finding accommodations during your next visit to the charming town of Buhl, Idaho? Don't be! Stay at the Oregon Trail Motel on Broadway, close to dining with a quaint little coffee shop next door. The proprietor has been in the hotel business for many years and his experience shows in the attention he has given to renovating all of the rooms. Everything you would expect to find in the metro area hotel suites will make your stay an enjoyable one. Spacious rooms that are clean and inviting, microwave, mini-fridge, ironing board, workspace table and chairs, spacious counter-top in the sink area, complimentary toiletries and local bakery treats and coffee in the morning. This motel and its owner are first class... truly a gem to be found in the gem state! ;)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 123ChristieJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Skip the armpit of Twin Falls and drive the extra 15 minutes to Buhl.
The Oregon Trail Inn has been renovated by Rick the new owner with care. Our room was very clean and updated with a clear attention to detail. For a roadside motel/inn this is the best we've encountered.
As a bonus Rick served fresh local baked goods for breakfast and gave great company. We highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank 3H-Crew
Santa Monica CA
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Oregon Trail Inn, Buhl, Idaho. What a GREAT place! My room was VERY clean, amenities were everthing I needed, nice, thick bath towels, comfortable queen bed, etc. Rick, owner/innkeeper, who is awesome, exudes professionalism and makes sure everything is top notch and provides refreshing country charm. For the morning great coffees and delicious sweet breads were available in the cozy lobby. Rick is such a great guy and makes sure his guests are comfortable. I would recommend the Oregon Trail Inn to ANYONE! My next visit home will be the Oregon Trail Inn. I usually have to go to the library to print a boarding pass, but Rick provides that service as well.
Thank you Rick SOOOO much !
Cheryl

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 June 2011

My husband and I were visiting family in the Buhl area. Since there was enough room for all of us to stay with family we stayed at this great inn. Rick, the owner, has started to renovate the place. Our room was very clean, nice, and comfortable. They also set up a nice crib for our baby. It was one of the nicest hotel cribs we've had! In the morning my husband enjoyed talking to Rick and listening to his great stories. Later my daughter and I joined in? Mr. Wilson, Rick's English bulldog, was so cute too! Great place!!!,

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tonibowen1
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This inn is quaint, comfortable, and affordable. However, what truly sets this inn apart is the friendliness of the owner, Rick who was quick to help out-of-towners like me and my friends truly enjoy every minute we were in Idaho, whether that was by suggesting local attractions, explaining a little about the culture in that area, or recommending places to eat in the nearby town of Buhl or Twin Falls, which is right up the road! If I ever make it back out to Idaho again, I'll definitely be staying at the Oregon Trail Inn!"

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We went on a service trip and stayed to the Oregon Trail Inn. We hadn't expected a place nearly as nice; but more importantly Rick, the owner, welcomed us with open arms. His hospitality is unmatched! Not only did he ensure a great place to stay, but provided coffee, and better yet stories and conversations. It was a great week!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Staying at the Oregon Trail Inn was by far one of the best lodging experiences we have had in quite some time. We stayed at this motel previously under a different owner and had a mediocre experience. But now that a new owner, Rick, has purchased the motel it has improved significantly! I urge anyone that had stayed at the old Oregon Trail to try it again. Please! The new Oregon Trail Inn is not even comparable to the previous motel. Not only was the room impeccably clean and updated with all modern pleasures, Rick also provides a wonderful continental breakfast with goodies from local businesses. I personally could not think of a better place to stay in Buhl.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buhl
BEST WESTERN Sawtooth Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hagerman
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 14 in Twin Falls

Been to Oregon Trail Motel? Share your experiences!