“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Oregon Trail Motel

Oregon Trail Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buhl
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We chose to stay here because of the good reviews here on TripAdvisor, and we were very happy we did. We were exploring the area of the Oregon Trail and this made an excellent stop over spot. The room was very large, very clean, and had everything that we needed nicely arranged. We especially liked the clean white bedding and the flooring was spotless. The bathroom was older but functioned great, could perhaps use a bit of updating, but the PRICE was excellent and suited our needs completely. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we would certainly plan on staying here if we ever pass this way again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've travelled all over the world and try to avoid the roadside motor inns for obvious reasons since times have changed from staying in them in the 60's and 70's...but took a chance on this Motel. Boy, am I glad I did!!! Fantastic conversation with the owner and his adorable Bulldog...immaculately clean and wonderfully updated room...more immenities than I would have guessed...great breakfast of pastries, muffins and yogurt...and a perfect location - easy drive to hot springs and outdoor activities, yet close to the local "big city" for a movie and nice dinner. We enjoyed our stay immensely and will definitely come back! Made our weekend road trip one of the best trips yet!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Rick, the owner, is very accommodating. HE FOLLOWS THE TWO RULLES OF BUSINESS.
1/ Be easy to do business with.
2/ give them a reason to come back for more.
Rick does this in spades!
The rooms are clean and cozy. It appears the whole place has been updated. I would stay here again and again as I pass thru Buhl, ID

Great VALUE...highly recommended!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013

A comfortable, affordable and very friendly motel in a nice small town. We have stayed several times while visiting family and coming back to the Oregon Trail is like coming home. We enjoy the comfortable rooms and the friendly staff. The rooms have all the amenities one would need plus internet access and Rick and his staff make every effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible at a very reasonable rate. The breakfast of local foods is interesting and delicious and the coffee and conversation make it a great way to start your day. You can't go wrong staying at the Oregon Trail in if you are in the Twin Falls/Buhl area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was in Buhl for less than a day but this was a comfortable and clean place to stay. Price was fair and a big plus is for me to feel safe since I was traveling alone. We had other family staying there too. My aunt and uncle were in the older part that may not have been as updated as the section I was in. There was some concern over the price they were charged too but I didn't hear if that was resolved. Front desk was helpful and friendly. Cute dog to pet. I left too early the next morning so didn't use the breakfast bar since it wasn't open.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you're in the Twin Falls, Idaho area and you want the best; stay here, Beautifully appointed rooms, friendly desk and only 15 minutes west of Twin Falls ~ worth the drive. All the amenties (except Flat HD TV ) Immaculate, exceptional bed, furniture, cable, free high speed WIFI, microwave, mini fridge, fresh and inviting. Exceptional value. No pool, but hey it's November.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar.