“The bed was luxurious!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Central Valley, Ca
“The bed was luxurious!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I loved, loved, loved the bed. Soft and cushy without making my back ache. 3-4 pillows each bed. Very roomy. However, the room had a musty smell. A few gripes--one luggage rack for two beds. Come on hotel chains, get with it! If there's 2 beds, there will most likely be at least two suitcases!! Also, the bathroom was around a wall from the bedroom area, thus cut off from the coolness of the A/C, another hotel gripe of mine. And the sink area wasn't big enough for 2 people to get ready at once. Toilet was in the shower room. Third gripe: when I checked in desk clerk asked if I had a problem with stairs. I asked if they had an elevator...No; so I said, "Well then I'm going to need the first floor." Would you not assume from my statement, travel reader, that I didn't want a room where I needed to use stairs? Isn't the first floor the one where you check in at the front desk?? Well be aware, that at this hotel, the SECOND floor is actually the 'main' floor, the floor that needs no stairs to access!!! The 'first' floor is actually 1/2 way below ground and you DO need to use stairs to access it! So, I assume the girl at the front desk was being a "B" to me that evening. Also, the fact that the room was half underground might've been why it had a musty smell. However, all in all, a very nice room. They offered breakfast, which we didn't use so I can't report on it.

Room Tip: The AC in our basement room was loud enough that it masked any noises.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Richland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in Caldwell, ID in June while attending a dog show. The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. I needed cold packs for an injury and they offered to keep them frozen in their own freezer as the mini-fridge in the room did not have a freezer. I didn't eat breakfast so can't comment on the food. The cookies ran out pretty quickly so we missed them most nights. There are a few areas to eat but you need to drive to them. There is also a very nice park not far away. Close to the fairgrounds.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel each time we go through Caldwell . We wouldnt stay any where else . Beds are fantastic . Rooms clean , hospitality is a 10. Dog friendly too . HIghly reccomend you stay here. The only downside we found was that there really isnt anywhere within walking distance to get a good meal . The only close resteraunt isn't somewhere I would reccomend. But the breakfast bar is very nice and worrh every cent

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Tacoma,WA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My first impression of the hotel was with the friendly front desk. I don't remember her name but she was working with a cast on her arm and was very pleasant and helpful. The first impression of our room was "wow, what a tiny room". We had a king size bed and there was just enough room for end tables on each side. I was happy that there were outlets on the lamps to charge our cell phones. The bed and pillows made up for the cramped room as they was so comfy!!! The outside had a nice area for our dogs to do their business and I appreciate that the hotel is pet friendly! The breakfast was great with boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal and many other items. The price of the hotel for a comfy nights sleep and a great breakfast couldn't be beat!

Room Tip: 10% off if you have AAA
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Accommodations were clean and comfortable. The pool and spa were a nice way to finish off the evening. Breakfast was varied and plentiful. There is a fast food restaurant (Burger King) across the parking lot and a fast station across the street. It is easy on and off of the interstate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Little touches were what I'd expect in a bed and breakfast! Nila had a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies on the counter, and our towels were folded with little pockets for toiletries. Comfy seating area in the lobby, pool and hot tub, and washers and dryers available. Close to the interstate but very quiet. I chose La Quinta because it is pet-friendly and we were travelling with a cat, but I'd stay again because it's a great value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We loved the 24hr pool, the horse shoe pit, and the picnic tables. There had soft,comfy & clean beds. The Breakfast was excellent. It was a very relaxed & comfortable atmosphere. Great customer service. A great deal!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caldwell
Best Western Plus Caldwell Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Meridian

Been to La Quinta Inn Caldwell? Share your experiences!