“Very disappointed in this particular Denny's”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #51 of 88 Restaurants in Caldwell
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've loved Denny's breakfasts ever since my dad took us to the Denny's in Post Falls, Idaho for brunch. So we decided to give Denny's in Caldwell a try one Sunday morning. Big mistake. Not sure if this was an anomaly or the usual, but to say the service was slow would give them too much credit. It was snaillike. On top of that, the food was cold, the portions stingy and the bacon was simply awful. And this was not a busy period. There were fewer than one fourth the tables filled.

We might try them again to see if anything has changed but I do not look forward to it. I’d rather drive the extra 10 miles or so to the other Denny’s in the area.

1  Thank KenD3

Reviewed 20 August 2013

drove all day and decided to eat at Denny's not expecting anything fabulous. ordered a steak rare (usually I order med. rare and get med. well). I got a perfectly cooked "rare". (better undercooked than overcooked.Side dishes and service were good. wife had turkey and avocado sandwich which she said was surprisingly good. Went back in morning for breakfast and got pancakes that were over an inch thick and undercooked in the middle. I ordered eggs over extra easy and wife ordered over medium with whites fully cooked. We couldn't tell them apart. Very good on dinner and terrible on breakfast. service was good both times but morning cook doesn't have a clue. We left most of our breakfast. My wife didn't touch the pancakes and I ate 1/3 of 1 pancake and left the rest. Wife left most of her eggs and I left about 1/2 of my egg whites. Sausage was really only part of breakfast that we considered edible. Place was almost empty on a Sunday morning. Seems locals agree with me. The morning cook is killing their business.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The food and service was great. We ate there for breakfast and dinner. The discount was a added bonus.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

When I asked for a small salad rather than baked potatoes I didn't expect a LARGE dinner salad with lots of veggies to go with my tilapia. Wait staff was great. Companion loved the meal also.

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!