“Recent visit”

Golden Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 84 Restaurants in Caldwell
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, American
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Caldwell, Idaho
“Recent visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have driven past this restaurant many times, so when a friend took me to dinner there I was quite excited. What a let-down. The buffet food was warm, not hot. The deserts were good. There was a good selection of food. Wait staff, were friendly. Definitely not the best Chinese food that I have eatern.

• Visited April 2013

Friday Harbor, Washington
“Worst food ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Food was greasy and disgustingly processed. Found a hair fried into the crab pop. When I told the waitress she said it doesn't matter it could bw anyones hair and the management wont do anything about it. We wont be back. We we're warned but wanted to form our own opinion. Wish we had listened.

2 Thank btanis61
Ogden, Utah
“My family enjoyed the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We like to get the diner for four and then combine different meals like Orange Chicken, Ham egg Foo Yong, Sweet and Sour Soup, or Chow main. The shrimp is batter and deep fried. The food is delicious and the service was friendly and fast.

• Visited April 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Not my cup of saki.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Ok, so I didn't think this was so great because I don't normally eat deep fried food. I will say the the buffet is clean and well stocked. The salad area was a little lacking. The desserts were pretty good. If you wanted a big variety, I think this would fill the bill.

Caldwell, Idaho
“Best Sit-in restaurant by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I was very impressed with this place. There is a very good mixture of Chinese and American decorations, food, and seating arrangements to make you feel very comfortable. The entire restaurant is very clean. The variety of foods is amazing. Quality definitely shows in the food; it is great. I have tried almost every item they have there and I have never had better chinese food. The social feel of the place is very welcoming. Right when you walk in, each member of the staff is very nice to you and wants to bend over backwards just to help you. Service is very high speed. Almost right when you leave your table to get another plate, the waiter/waitress comes and takes the empty plate. They are constantly refilling your drinks when needed. I have never had to ask for anything. I have already gone there three times within the past couple weeks and the pricing is very affordable. For myself, my wife, my brother-in-law, and my two daughters, my total is at about $35. Judging by food quality, cleanliness, general social feeling, and pricing; I would say that it is better than Golden Corral or any other buffet by far.