“Romantic getaway”
Review of Ashley Inn

Ashley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cascade
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I took advantage of the Sunday train package, which gave us a discount when we rode the Payette River Flyer scenic train. The train ride was fun, and the hotel was better than we expected. Our room was very spacious and attractive (and very pink, which even my husband liked), the bathroom was nice and large, and the grounds were well-maintained. The complimentary breakfast was very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband is from Cascade, and we came up for our one month anniversary, so I could see where he grew up...upon entering this lovely place, I could not quit commenting on how perfect it was. We LOVED everything about it. Every single detail has been thought out and accommodates the guest for the best experience ever.
The room we stayed in (226) was done in pinks and greens, which happens to be my favorite colors. It was beautiful. The King size bed was very comfy, with warm blankets and fluffy pillows. There is a little guest journal to write in, and it was fun to read other peoples comments. The breakfasts were superb. So much to choose from. And the pool and hot tub were amazing. Although the hot tub was a little too warm for us, we couldn't sit in it for too long. Loved all the wicker chairs and tables. The outside grounds are beautiful also. We sat out in the gazebo and on the deck frequently, which was also very comfortable. The front door has four white rocking chairs that we sat in every morning and used our tablets, while watching the day come alive. There were cookies every evening, and free movies to check out. We asked if we could see some of the other rooms, and they were all simply gorgeous. The Rose Petal Suite was awesome, I want to stay there next time! LOL. All of the staff were wonderful. But I especially loved the little girl that works the evening shift. She was very funny, helpful, kind, and just really COOL.. I don't remember her name, but they definitely have the right girl working the front desk. Kuddos to her!!! I told my husband I would be happy to live in Cascade, if we could live at this Inn!!!! Thank you. It was the best!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I spent two days at the hotel, the rooms were very nice, the staff were very nice. We have stayed at many nice hotels both here and in California and the Ashley is up with the best. I can't believe that some reviews were on the negative side, look at the place before you stay, you will like the Ashley.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Cascade at around 7pm on a Friday night having cycled from McCall on dirt roads, so feeling pretty exhausted. The Ashley was the first hotel we saw, so decided to see if they had any rooms available. The staff were so nice and welcoming, and even allowed us to take our beloved bikes into our room. I love the fact they also have fresh baked cookies for guests at the front desk, what a great idea! I have a quirky photo of our bikes propped up on the four poster bed in our room. The room was gorgeous, tastefully decorated and had a hot tub. Alas, by the time we cleaned up, had dinner and did laundry, there just wasn't enough time to relax and use the hot tub or the hotel pool, as we needed an early night so as to get up early the next day to start riding before it got too hot. Just wish I had done some homework beforehand, as I would have cycled a bit quicker to spend an extra couple of hours in this fantastic, individual hotel. I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: July 2014
Ashley_and_Katrin, Owner at Ashley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We love cyclists and your review actually made us Laugh Out Loud !

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Three girl friends of 30 years spent three nights and four days in the lovely Ashley Inn. It was very Victorian and looked fancy, but it was anything but stuffy. We had a room with two queen beds and a sleeper couch, which worked perfectly for us. The bathroom was very spacious. Showering was not exactly private, but it has a separate room housing the potty which we appreciated. The room was quiet, large and airy and overlooked the back of the hotel. The view included a waterfall fountain, railroad tracks, an RV park in the distance, and beyond that, mountains. We never heard or saw a train, much to our disappointment! The people who worked at the Ashley Inn were pleasant and helpful, providing pamphlets to help us plan our adventures. Breakfasts were great -- the frittatas were delicious and the food choices were plentiful from granola, to yogurt, fresh fruit, scones, pastries, biscuits and gravy, to make-your-own-Belgian-waffles. Every evening they put out a huge tray of warm home-baked cookies and milk. We enjoyed the ambiance of the common areas -- large, homey rooms that were beautifully decorated. Many of the decorations were for sale, an added bonus! Would highly recommend the Ashley Inn for girls' getaways, honeymoons, weddings, romantic getaways, but probably not for a guys' four-wheeler trip! There are canoes, kayaks, and paddle boards (complete with life jackets) free for use on a confined area of the river about a couple of blocks away. They are at the edge of (and shared) by the RV park that stretches behind the Inn in the distance. We didn't use them, but they looked to be in good condition! The RV park looked well cared for and had lots of trees -- was very park like.

Room Tip: We had Ashley Suite 209 and it was GREAT -- spacious enough for three people. It was on the backsid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

weird that this nice of a hotel is on an old hiway up in the mountains of Idaho.. its VERY nice here.rooms are like a victorian hotel, but extremely clean and tasteful. will definately stay again, should the need arise.. there are food options within walking distance, but everythign coses pretty early so dont wait to long if you are looking for somethign to eat.

Room Tip: explore all the hallways, there are many things to look at in them as well as on the hotel grounds.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed there as a group of bikers on a trek. At first glance looked a bit fancy for most of our group but too good to pass up. Arrived to see "Harley Davidson parking only" sign outside which is totally opposite from the decor of the hotel but made us feel totally welcome. The property is BEAUTIFUL. The staff is fabulous, very friendly. The breakfast is first rate! If I had to mention one thing that I would change it would be the pool. I don't like indoor pools but understand it's the norm in this area. If I can't sit out and get a tan I'm just not interested (OK I'm a California girl).

Room Tip: All rooms seemed fabulous!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cascade
Tamarack Resort
#3 of 5 in Cascade
Boulder Creek Inn
Boulder Creek Inn
#1 of 1 in Donnelly

Been to Ashley Inn? Share your experiences!