“Great Room At A Great Price”
Review of Northgate Inn

Northgate Inn
Northgate Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Challis
“Great Room At A Great Price”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I spent one night at motel. Motel is not new but it was apparent the manager is trying to give a favorable impression by caring about cleanliness and how the motel looked. The bed was new No pool or restaurant. It is located a 3-4 blocks from downtown. The staff was nice and helpful. I would stay in motel again. Motel does offer showers for travelers which is nice for those of us who take day trips. Motel location, service & quality exceeded my expectations for the price of the room.

Room Tip: Ask front desk for a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I wanted to pass along my experience on my recent stay at the Northgate inn motel in Challis Idaho on a Sunday evening. From when I checked in until I left everything was GREAT! The main reason I think is the personality of Deidra - manager and her can do attitude. She was extremely helpful to everyone that was checking in including myself. Being late n Sunday she pushed us out the door so we could get to a great dinning place before they closed and had all the paperwork completed before we exited for a fine dinning experience! Her local knowledge was great! She was very caring and sharing

I had a great room and wonderful experience all the way around!

I highly recommend this establishment!

Room Tip: I had a great room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had made reservations for a room so I figured all would be good to go. Arrived later in the evening, checked in, and went to my room. Getting ready to go to bed I discovered the water in my room didn't work properly, no hot water and very little pressure with the cold. It was about 9:30 PM so I figured they surely must know there's a problem with the water and it would probably be fixed by morning. No such luck. I wrote a big note and left it on the bed figuring that housekeeping would see the note and pass it along so the problem would be fixed when I came back from work. Wrong again, housekeeping didn't clean my room so now I have an unclean room and no water. I complained at the front desk and they put me in another room.

Room Tip: Challis is a small town so there isn't a lot to choose from but I will stay somewhere different...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This place is great poorly lit outside but inside it is great great great. Great prices. Best management money can buy working there friendly and you can tell love's her job because the rooms reflect it I will stay here more often

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Idaho
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, very simple. Not someplace my wife would like. I needed one night stay prior to my hunting trip into Frank Church Wilderness. Fridge, air conditioner/heater was loud. Otherwise it has a decent tv and wifi.

Had a nice breakfast downtown.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Columbia Falls, Montana, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had trouble with the room key which was promptly replaced. The beds were ok, the water was hot,the TV worked and it was quiet. The room looked clean until I dropped something that rolled under the bed. When I bent down to retrieve it, I discovered empty water bottles, lids, hairpins etc. under the bed. Whoever cleans needs to check under the beds in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Billie O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It's clean and cozy and probably the best motel in the area. The staff was very friendly even though we arrived after dark and most places were closed. For the price and what they offer, this definitely deserves a 5 star rating for Trip Advisor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam Z

Been to Northgate Inn? Share your experiences!