“A Must See! You Won't Regret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wolf People

Wolf People
“A Must See! You Won't Regret!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is right at the top of one of the best experiences I've had. After the fasinating and educating tour, you really do see how misunderstood these beautiful animals are. These animals are loved not just by the owner Nancy but the whole staff. Brianna was our guide and her knowledge base and passion shined throughout our visit. She was an amazing educator...not only of the past history, present and possible future for these amazing animals, but narrates the whole family tree of the 20+ adults and 5 pups. The whole tour fasinated, but for us, the highlight of course was holding, petting and getting kissed by the pups..3 1/2 months. Don't miss this. These wolves are an amazing story. We'll definitely go back. Sheila W.

Visited August 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“J W”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Lived here all my life and have heard all the tales of the bad, wolves are suppose to represent. A new found admiration of a beautiful animal and it's devotion to its family has been made. The staff is very knowledgeble and answers all questions with honesty and a smile. Respect is given these creatures, and as in all wild animals, they are more afraid of mankind. So glad I made the visit and I will continue to return yearly to see the new editions to their family. Well worth your time

2 Thank jerrypwalters
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Go and find out sbout Wolves”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A very worthwhile endeavour by the owners, handlers, volunteers to educate people about wolves. Great to see and hear the wolves up close, also to handle the wolf cubs.

Visited June 2014
Spokane, WA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Make the drive & See these Amazing Creatures & Their "Parents"”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a wonderful and unique experience - thanks to my friend Jan for making this part of our road trip!
Their "store" is on highway 95 and has lots of wolfabilia and a sweet friendly pup too. They usually have a couple of wolves on site that you can view and learn about. But if at all possible, take the tour! This is a drive to the owner's home and wolf compound. We did this on a Sunday and were lucky to have perfect weather and friendly wolves - all 20+ of them. I was especially thrilled to be able to get a kiss from several and be able to give them a pet and scritch through the fence. Granted, I was ready to be right in their enclosures, but they are still wild animals - and don't know me, so I refrained.
Nancy just LOVES these animals and it was refreshing to see. Especially in a state that seems to be intent on killing ALL of their packs - spending hundreds of thousands to hire killers instead of spending that money on educating the kids - but I digress.
The tour is a whole $10 - who can resist? I am planning to head back in a couple weeks when there should be babies! Yeah! I got some great photos - sorry I don't remember all their names. But Nancy will - and all their history too.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TravelGoddessofAAA
Portland, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely way to appreciate wolves!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Loved this place! Keeping busy on a trip to Coeur d'Alene we added this stop. The tour meets at the store on 95 and then drives (in your own car) up the hill to the main facility to the wolves. Such a wonderful experience! The wolves are education ambassadors. The volunteers and people who own/run the place are informed and very knowledgeable about each and every one of these beautiful creatures and are clearly emotionally vested. You will be immediately struck by how friendly and amazing the wolves. They have all been raised in captivity and fortunately protected, especially in a state where there seems to be so much hatred for them. Yes, I understand, they won't want you to rub their tummy in the wild but you may just understand why so many are fighting for their protection. :-) And....you do get to rub a few tummy's here!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank johnniegirl64

Been to Wolf People? Share your experiences!