McFarland Inn Bed and Breakfast
Resort City Inn(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$109
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$87
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hotels.com
US$151
Quality Inn & Suites(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$109
QualityInn
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$122
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
Japan House Suites(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$107
The Coeur d'Alene Resort(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$211
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Flamingo Motel(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$108
All reviewsb bfamily roomother guestsguest areaswonderful cooklovely homemain floorceiling fana lovely place to stayevery amenityprivate bathcommon areashomemade granolarooms are clean and comfortableclose to downtownthree nightsbeautiful area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Staying at McFarland B and B was the best decision we made in Coeur'd Alene. It's located right in the downtown historic district. The B and B is a lovely home and the accommodations couldn't be better. We recently stayed at very nice B and Bs in Europe and this one is an example of the best of American B and Bs. Excellent food, big clean rooms, hot tub outside, wrap around porch to sit on and a generous and helpful host. Book it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathykoot
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Mcfarland house is a beautiful home, both inside and out, with a nice location within walking distance to the lake and to restaurants. We just stayed here one night, but arrived maybe around 4pm, so we made it in time for wine and cheese that's put out in the evenings. She gave us the tour of the house.

My husband and I aren't huge B&B people, generally we're more private and don't love socializing with other guests, but this was one of those B&Bs where you could have it either way. We actually did chat a bit with another couple while getting wine and cheese, but the house is very private and even at breakfast, there are enough tables that each group can sit by themselves.

The room was lovely and very comfortable, we loved the bed. There was a big fan to keep it cool. In general, it felt like Nancy had thought of everything. It had the amenities of a hotel in the sense that there were bathrobes, plenty of products, etc, but had the nice touch of a b&b with things like a firstaid kit in the room. I can't even begin to think of all the other little things that she's probably factored in over the years after hearing, 'you know what would make this place even better??' -- i think she might have found everything!

We liked that you could get bottled water or a few snacks downstairs anytime, and unlike other B&Bs we've stayed in, there was flexibility with breakfast. I don't remember the exact timing, but you could arrive right up until 9:30am, which was perfect for us. The other one we stayed at was 8:30am and with the time difference, felt like 7:30am -- not on vacation!

Nancy was more than happy to give tips for the area but also seemed private herself which worked well for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laurengucsb
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Nancy is so welcoming and efficiency is everything. Gave us a tour and let us know all about how we would be treated. Bed was luxurious and finely appointed. Breakfast was a frittata, chicken sausage, potatoes, croissants, fresh blueberries, strawberry, melon, granola, yogurt, cereal....do I need to keep going? Breakfast was a feast. Street has plenty of parking, is tree lined (shady) and an easy walk to shops and restaurants. Loved CDA.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WineSnob_65
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Four of us were headed to Glacier National Park, and stayed at the Mcfarland Inn. It's a stunning home in a beautiful old neighborhood in Coeur d'Alene.

When we rang the bell, Nancy, the owner, answered the door and showed us around. The two rooms that we got were really nice. My boyfriend and I had the Mcfarland room, which had a king bed, and our friends had a nearby room with a queen. Both had private bathrooms within the rooms and were on the upper level.

Nancy had an AC unit going for us, which we promptly shut off and opened the big, old windows to enjoy fresh air and the sounds of Foster Ave. It rained, but there are big overhangs, so you can leave the windows wide open while you sleep with no worry. Our room also had a TV and DVD player - we never even opened the cabinet they were in we were enjoying ourselves to much.

After we got settled, Nancy kindly offered some wine and snacks to be set out for us to enjoy, which were complimentary. We accepted the gesture and enjoyed a couple bottles of wine in the cozy back sun room.

The breakfast was very delicious, had a ton of options and completely filled us up. Nancy was down in the breakfast area chatting with us and with one of the other guests.

I know that we will find ourselves in Coeur D'Alene again someday, and I know that we will be checking in at the Mcfarland.

The only note that I would make is that I don't know what Nancy's kid policy is, but in my opinion, this wouldn't be a good option for people with kids. This is an old house with nice furnishings - it's not a hotel with a pool where you can walk through with wet feet. In addition, I think that most people check in as couples expecting a romantic feel (which we had) or as singles looking for quiet respite. There were no kids there when we stayed.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed being on the upper level.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MN_PAUL
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed in the McFarland room for one night en route to Glacier NP and had a very enjoyable experience. Here are the pluses:
- The B&B was in a very central location - about 5-6 short blocks from the main drag (Sherman Avenue) and just another block from the lakefront.
- Nancy, the proprietor, was very friendly and provided helpful recommendations on dinner, and engaged the guests in pleasant conversation over breakfast.
- There was a full-size refrigerator to store guests' food, which is not something available at every B&B in which I've stayed.
- The room was very comfortable; huge king-sized bed; strong wi-fi in the room. I was tired after a long day of travel and fell asleep almost instantly.
- There were lots of snacks throughout the common areas; I only had a glass of wine from the wine & cheese hour, but it's truly a snackers' delight.
- Breakfast was great. I'm admittedly not a picky eater, but I thought the food was good, and the sunroom setting was wonderful (even on a drizzly morning)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo