The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Resort City Inn(Coeur d'Alene)
Flamingo Motel(Coeur d'Alene)
State Motel(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
Japan House Suites(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
Ramada Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Coeur d'Alene)
1,725 results
All reviewsgolf coursedockside restaurantfloating greeninfinity poollake towerboat ridesunken living roomgolf packageplay golfcoeur d'alene resortchristmas lightsnorth polebeautiful lakedinner cruisetubbs hillspokane airportbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2011

"Economy Annex" would be better termed Staff Quarters.Our $200.00 room was smelly ,small & the Air conditioning sucked(or rather didn't).WIFI didn't work & we were not pleased to find a long hair on the spare pillow.I don't know how dirty it realy was but the general effect left us feeling uncomfortable & itchy.We have stayed at many hotels and resorts both in Europe & North America & have never felt more cheated.

Room Tip: Unless you are using the resorts Golf or Marina facilities stay somewhere else.We would recommend the Davenport Hotel in Spokane.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank PatriciaC37
Katie L, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

Your comments are appreciated as we are currently reviewing many renovation options for the Annex. The hotel offers a wide variety of accommodation options for our diverse clientele and it is important that all of our rooms reflect the quality and comfort that is important to our Guests.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I accompanied my husband for his business-trip to Coeur d'Alene. The hotel is beautiful, and there is a golfcourse, boats for hire, hiking possiblities. Our plan was to stay here a few days longer, but the weather was terrible, so after his meetings we went to Seattle. Much more to do and to see.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Hopefully the weather will be nicer if you come again.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The Coeur D' Alene is a towering resort on the beautiful Lake Coeur D' Alene. We had a bit of trouble checking in after traveling for nearly 12 hours and then having to wait to check-in. I can't remember if check-in was 5 or 6 o'clock p.m., but I know we did not have enough time to rest and shower before our first planned event even though we arrived around 2:30 p.m.

Our room was quite small with a limited view. Out of our group of four or five couples, we had the smallest. Most of our group had a large junior suite with balcony. Despite the size of the room, it was nice, comfy, modern and clean. Maid service could be late -- one day she did not come until 5:30 p.m. despite the fact we had been out of the room the entire day.

The resort has several reasonably priced activities on-site or very close. We rented a boat one day and enjoyed the majestic lake. Another day, we rented kayaks and took a beautiful kayak trip around the lake. There is a small shallow pool right at the hotel ont he roof of the cocktail lounge, but it is not very attractive and is surrounded by a wooden deck and the hotel itself. A water taxi is available to take you to the pool at the golf course -- maybe a five minute ride.

We did not eat at the hotel because the city, itself, has many fun and/or fine dining establishments. We did eat at the floating steak house, which is owned by the hotel but off-site, and that was nice. My salmon, suggested by the waitress, was the special of the day and fantastic. I'm not crazy about the salad bar for the price of the meal (why would I want a salad bar when I am ordering a $30 meal?) But, many in our group thought it was wonderful.

I did visit the spa on a rainy day. The massage I had (hot rock) was wonderful, but the prices were very steep even for a resort facility. The spa itself was tranquil, but lacked some of the great amenities I have had at other spas (nice showers, better lounge area for women only, etc.)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

I appreciate you sharing your comments with us. Hopefully once you got checked in you were able to relax and enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

The Coeur d'Alene Resort has its share of celebrities, so said an article in the local paper. The rest of us who constitute the hoi polloi get a mixed level of service. Our family of four reserved a first floor room overlooking the marina. The room was spacious and beautiful and quiet. The beds were comfy yet small (double-sized), so the first night our kids tried the pull-out. They abandoned that idea the remainder of our trip since the pull-out was lumpy and cold due to one thin ugly moth-eaten blanket they were provided.

Four days into our stay we ran out of toilet paper. The maids didn't leave extra toilet paper or anticipate that we would need more each day, so we had to call housekeeping to beg for more. We'd asked for extra towels on our first day but didn't get them until my husband finally complained to the manager about the hit-and-miss maid service. One or two days the garbage cans weren't emptied, the room wasn't vacuumed, the tissue wasn't replenished, and no extra soaps were left for the shower. These problems by themselves would be minor but they all added up to a major annoyance, especially since we were paying $400 per night. We may not be celebrities, but if we're paying high-class rates we expect high-class service.

The manager was helpful and kind. The staff were definitely quite friendly as well. This is a beautiful resort and I highly recommend taking the water taxi out to the golf course and the Infinity pool. Skip the indoor pool -- it's freezing cold and noisy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ATravelingMom

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and also for the constructive criticism. I have shared your comments with our management team so we can address the issues you have brought up. I hope you will visit us again and that your stay will be better.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for a couple of days and i have actually fell in love with this place and the view from my room was amazing,, i used to wake up seeing a beautiful lake in front of my eyes... love it simply love it.....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

We are happy you loved your stay.