I've stayed here a number of times on business, at various times of the year, and it has never disappointed me. Rooms have always been interesting in their layout, as well as comfortable, quiet and well-appointed. I have eaten at two of their restaurants for breakfast, lunch, dinner and sunday brunch, and the views are spectacular, the food has always been great, with the only negative being that sometimes the young people working in the restaurant don't seem to be all that excited about being there. Parking in their garage is convenient. More about Sunday brunch: in this region(I live about 2 hours away) Sunday brunch is often a spotty affair. The Coeur d'Alene resort always does a first class job of it, including separate stations for omlettes, crepes, and meat slicing. The arrangement of the buffet tables is such that it almost never seems crowded, and the buffet staff is always helpful and cheery, typical of folks in northern Idaho. Make reservations, but when you have a reservation they get you in very close to on time if not exactly. More about the staff: on a recent brunch only visit a disinterested young waitress forgot to return my credit card, and I was too distracted with family to notice. The next day the hotel staff turned this negative into a positive: the security guy I spoke with confirmed that the card had been turned over to him, and we discussed possibilities for getting it back to me, since I was leaving on a trip in a couple of days and didn't want to go through the process of getting a new one. Security put me in touch with the Concierge who couldn't have been more helpful. She arranged a Fedex pickup and the card was back in my hands in 24 hours. Bottom line: these people are willing to go the extra mile to help out a guest, all you have to do is ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho