“25th Anniversary”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sherwood Park
“25th Anniversary”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We booked a lakeside view room, it was very nice. The problem I had with the room was the carpet. it was appeared stained in places. Not what I would expect in a place like that. There were a few sand flies in the room, we had no problem with them. The room itself was a good size, lots of room to move around. Was clean and all the staff were very friendly. It was a little cool to really enjoy the balcony, but it made for a nice view. It was a nice treat for our anniversary.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
hottommy,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. Our staff really appreciates the feedback from our guests. I am very sorry regarding the stains on the carpet in your room. I will do my best to decipher which room you stayed in and be sure those are taken care of. Please, contact me directly for any future stays here in Coeur d'Alene.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Let me start by staying this has got to be the number one resort in Coeur d’Alene by far, nothing else compares.
We stayed here multiple times in our three year stay in the area, and loved it! Wonderful restaurants, we especially loved the Sunday brunch and the dockside. Best salad bar!
We stayed one year for our anniversary and the room was not up to standard and was very disappointing as the Jacuzzi was dirty and covered in bird droppings, we were told we would get a free upgrade on our next stay and to our surprise we were upgraded to the penthouse suite, wow!
close to shops, the pier, the beach and beautiful lake, restaurants, nice walking trails like tubs hill. I recommend this resort to any and all that travel too or through Coeur d'Alene

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Jake and Kerry K,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our Penthouse Suites. The view from the top floor is definitely unbeatable. We have completely renovated your previous room, the Jacuzzi suite, and have had nothing but raving comments about it. I encourage you to come back and see the changes!

Pocatello, ID
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I checked in and went to the room. After a LONG car ride, we each needed the bathroom. There was trash on the floor under the sink and poop marks in the toilet. The trash was not a big deal, but the poop marks were. We contacted the front desk who transferred us to housekeeping. The woman who answered for housekeeping apologized and assured us she'd let her manager know. We didn't know what to expect as a result of the call, so waited in the room for about 30 minutes. We then went down and spoke to the young woman who checked us in. She called someone and asked them to check the room to make sure the sheets had been changed, etc. She informed that she had been told that the room had been logged as "cleaned" a few days earlier, but that "someone may have went" in the room. She offered us one free drink coupon each (up to $6 each). Before we picked up our drink coupons (which had to be approved by someone else), we went up to the room and ran into the gentleman who came to check the room. He plucked the trash out of the cans, but left the trash on the floor under the sink. He peeked at the sheets and declared them to be clean. While the girl at the front desk was pleasant, we're not impressed with the cleanliness, the "compensation" we were offered, or the cursory going over the room was given by the gentleman from housekeeping. After he left, we noticed that there were bugs in the room (I've taken photos to show friends) on the ceiling and I woke up with two bites on my ankle. I've been coming to the resort at least once a year for either conferences or fundraising receptions since 1997 and can't help but notice that service and cleanliness are going downhill. While the location is great, I will probably find a new place to stay for the conference in the future. The lake can certainly be enjoyed without having to stay at the resort. Sad they invested in a recent remodel, but can't provide service that would make one anxious and excited to return!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank JEC222
JEC222,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Let me begin by apologizing for the unacceptable cleanliness level, or lack there of, you experienced in your room. This is not the norm of the Resort and I can assure you immediate action will be taken in all departments you have listed in your review. We really take your feedback to heart and if you would be so kind as to contact me, I would love to make up this stay to you. Please, reach out to me on the Resort's main phone number.

Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 19 April 2013

In all ways an outstanding experience. Recently remodeled and the results are breathtaking! The restaurant,bar,food,service,view and ambience are all first class. Cannot comment on the rooms as we loved this city and the area so much we purchased a condominium.
Have attended a conference and as a visitor with family and friends and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
2worldtourists,

Thank you for sharing your experience online regarding your stay in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I certainly hope you return to stay at our property in the very near future. The summer months are coming fast as well as the hot weather and many sold out nights for the Resort. Book your stay soon directly through our website or call our main line for the reservations department. Thank you again!

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Went to visit for the first time, the ride from the airport was pretty quick (about 25 minutes) and the hotel van driver was so entertaining and full of information! They also had water and coffee on the van, which has club seats and was comfortable. I did not expect a "town" so was pleasantly surprised to see that there are restaurants (some owned by the hotel) right in front of the resort and some nice shopping as well. Great check-in, fast and efficient. Had a lake view room...what can I say but oh my! This is a gorgeous location with the lake and mountains right there, and the hotel takes advantage of it all with picture windows everywhere! Dinner in Dockside Restaurant, great food (coconut shrimp were handmade and huge!) and incredible service. I wanted an Oregon Pinot and the waiter went to this fine dining restaurant and got a bottle, and only charged me for the one glass I wanted!! Loved my room, so comfortable and the bath towels are awesome, oversized. Also had a Spa treatment, Kim was fantastic and I could have sat in their coed lounge all day, overlooking the lake with a nice fireplace (there is also a private ladies lounge). Went to the golf course by hotel van, they have gorgeous wooden yachts (saw one docked) but they start the golf course shuttle by boat in May and I was there in April :( Gorgeous golf course!! Too chilly for me to play (I only play in shorts) so bought some clothing and walked thru an incredible event center which overlooks the lake and new infinity pool and beach area. They have a large conference center right at the front of the hotel, plus I saw a Boardroom and other meeting rooms on the 7th floor when we were in Beverly's, their fine dining restaurant. WOW, delicious food, great sommelier and warm, friendly service! And the huckleberry soufflé was light and delicious!! Can't wait to go back again, in the summer when it's warmer...although it was sunny so I didn't mind the cold on this visit.

Room Tip: If you t a lake view room, ask for a higher floor since some of them have gas fireplaces.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
GsfHOllywood,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience in Coeur d'Alene. This really is such a beautiful area that not many people are aware of. It sounds like you had a chance to enjoy almost everything the Resort has to offer. You will definitely have to return when the weather is much warmer to take advantage of the lake cruises, speed boat rentals, water activities, and so much more that we have to offer during the summer months. Thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisor with other potential guests.

liberty lake, wa
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have stayed at the Couer d'alene resort many times over the past 13 years we have lived in the area. This was the first time I can say our visit was not so good. However management contacted us and gave us another night to stay there. We are lucky we are local. So we can use it without having to come too far.
This was a get away for my husband and I. We looked forward to it for weeks. We had lunch at Bonsai Bistro and it was fantastic. After lunch we drove up and were met by the valet parking staff. They are the nicest guys. I do believe 22 dollars is way too much for valet parking and even the 17 for self park it really high. This is not Seattle folks or downtown Spokane. We checked in and went to our room 474 in the tower. Its a corner room with an absolutely huge deck... It has a big picture window across the front but if you are sitting on the sofa to look out over the lake and mountains you have a bar that goes across right in your line of sight. A bummer. Immediately when we got into our room we heard a saw going of some sort. We looked across the parking lot and thought maybe it was from the construction in the lot. It was pretty loud and we figured it would be done in an hour or so so we just shut our door to the deck. This room also has very thin walls. We could hear the people above us partying all night and music from what we think was beverlys was going till 10pm... Its stopped shortly then started up again. If you want peace and quiet this is not the room for you. The next morning we went for an early morning walk on tubbs hill and came back to the saw going off again and realized it was directly below us on floor 3. We were out on the deck but the smoke smell from the construction workers waffling from below was too much to take. We didn't understand why they would put someone near a room that was under construction and why was it going on on the weekend. Really!!! We went to check out and I asked my husband if he said anything as he handed in our comment card. He said no that the staff never even asked him how his stay was. We went to get our car and I told him he needed to go back to talk to them. So he did. When he walked up to the desk the gal was reading our comment card. My husband explained the situation and she did apoligize. She asked if we were at our address on file and he said yes. That was it.. We left and got our car and drove home disappointed from our stay. Later that week in the mail came a letter and a certificate to come try them again. We give them credit for following up the way they did. Thank you... I know the gal at the desk probably has no authorization to do anything for an unhappy customer but it would have been nice for her to maybe tell us that she will give it to the management to be sure and contact us. We left feeling bad about our stay. They made it right in the end. I had already submitted a review on the hotel and retracted it so I could give them credit for taking care of us. I would have waited to make my review if I was told they would contact me.

Room Tip: We were in room 474..this room has a huge deck.. however you can hear music from I believe Beverly...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisamariew
Lisamariew,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com as well as for your continued business over the last decade. You are obviously aware of the fact that your most recent experience is not standard when staying here. The poor customer service you received upon check out will immediately be addressed. I sincerely hope you come back with the certificate you received and give us a chance to make your next stay excellent.

Coeur d' Alene Idaho
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Our visit to the resort was great, we went for my husbands 50th birthday and our accommodations were impecible...they had my room set up with champagne, red roses on the bed, balloons, and chocolate dipped strawberries...The entire staff was friendly and very helpful all the way from check in, the bartender at whisperers lounge, waiter at beverlys, and I do have to say the concierge really takes care of there guests..Our room was beautiful and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Corner lake view room is amazing
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your husbands 50th birthday at our property. Taking advantage of our in-room amenities is a sure way to make your stay that much more special here at the Resort. All the staff here will look forward to your return in the hopefully near future. Happy Birthday!