“Beautiful hotel nestled in the mountains”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The hotel/resort is lovely and located on a lake, surrounded by pine and other NW trees & foliage. The views are superb, restaurants are excellent and if one is a golfer, there is a beautiful golf course. We visited the golf course, for breakfast, and to see the most unusual golfing green in the US, which is located in the water!
The one complaint I would offer, is that the signage for the restaurant, Beverly's, is very poor. We knew it was on the 7th floor, but once one gets off the elevator..... the restaurant not to be seen,nor are there any signs directing you to the restaurant. After wandering down a very long hall, checking conference rooms and even a kitchen, you turn a corner and there it is. We almost left. However, the food is excellent and the views are wonderful.......We were glad we found it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sequel
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Sequel,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor.com. This really is such a beautiful area of the country that not many people get to witness, but those who do, do not regret it! I will be sure management is aware of your frustrations at Beverly's restaurant. I am very glad to hear the food made up for the troubles.

There are newer reviews for The Coeur d'Alene Resort

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I reviewed the resort last year and once again, I was very impressed. Clean room, clean common areas, friendly front desk and valet staff and once again, fabulous food. They go all out to take care of their customers. I adore the views and will always stay here when I'm visiting the area.

One thing I've noticed the last few times I've stayed in several hotels is the cleaning staff seems to start early and they disturb early morning sleep with banging doors as they start cleaning before 8am. This was NOT the case here and I've come to appreciate a resort or hotel who tries to honor their customer's rest. Thank you CDA resort!

I think I may even received the same room I had last year and I loved it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chianti_girl24
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Chianti_girl24,

Thank you for your continued support of the Resort over the years. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself once again at our property. We work very hard to make each Guests stay special. The staff here will look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband is a big golfer and we travel to places with great courses so he can play and my daughter and I can enjoy amenities and girl time. Well, the one and only reason I think "CDA" is a decent destination is for the golf. The locals, however, will make you feel quite unwelcome here.

We are a multi-cultural family and yes, I had heard of Idaho's infamous reputation for counting white supremacists as welcome members of their communities but when my husband said he wanted to check out the course and the possibility of purchasing lake front property someday, I didn't give it a second thought. It wasn't until we entered the hotel and our adopted daughter was sneered at by an adult that the memories of hearing of Idaho's infamous citizens came to mind. Everyone, staff included is very, very reserved. A lot of stern staring and not many smiles to be given here and I now understand why; outside of the resort and more "posh" areas, CDA and the whole Idaho Panhandle that we toured is extremely depressed and impoverished, the conservatism, poor nutrition and ignorance beyond palpable (Idaho ranks 48th in education, btw).

I will be the first to admit that I've lived a rather sheltered life but what I saw and felt was shocking and I've never felt more depressed after a "vacation".

The room was laid out quite well, the "lake view" we were promised was actually a view of the parking garage but if you stepped out onto the veranda and looked to the left, you could see the lake. Unfortunately, the kitchen hoods vent directly underneath the verandas so when we tried to sit outside and enjoy some wine, we came back into the room smelling like hamburgers. Maid service is spotty. The first day it looked like my four-year-old made the bed and the second day it looked much better.

I'm sorry to post such a review because I do think the staff tries and of course, not everyone shares the values and beliefs of the KKK, but it was just a very bad trip. Also, we went to a very small amusement park called "Silverwood" and I saw a group of five teenagers verbally harrasing a pregnant black woman and her two children. Wow...it's 2013...I'm a big city girl and this "vacation" was complete and utter culture shock for me. Everything was just so very odd and sad.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Miya F
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Great location, beautiful building but outdated in parts, maze like and more Vegas than mountain/lake resort. The hotel is weirdly set up and customer service was abosultely poor! No one asked if we needed help when we looked obviously lost. We stayed in lake view suites and they were amazing! Little pricey but I can live with it. Unlike hotel staff the golf course staff was amazing, very nice, knowlegable and friendly. I recomend the course not the hotel! Stay at laquinta and just go golf.

As for idaho resorts its would be last behind the Sun Valley hotel (sun valley, ID) and Shorlodge ( McCall, ID)

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank laxroxtopher

Laxroxtopher,

I apologize for the poor service you received during your time at the Resort. This is not typical, as many other reviewers have noted. I am glad you enjoyed your time at our golf course as it really is quite spectacular. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I had a chance to go to The Resort for another friends birthday. First of all, if you are looking for a beautiful resort on an overpriced lake then this is it! However, for most of us that are looking for hidden gems, look elsewhere.

As usual with opulent resorts, there are numerous hidden fees that go along with your stay here in Coeur d'Alene. (First and foremost that even while staying there with differing packages, they still rake you over the coals with parking.)

Most places of this caliber will comp certain aspects of a stay so that patrons do not have a bad taste in their mouth, not here though! It really puts a damper on a stay when you have to go through the bill with a fine tooth comb in order to make sure you are charged for what you bought. The same with questioning the "hidden" fees that come along with it.

Take my advice and stay at another resort that is more consumer friendly. While being beautiful, with comfortable rooms, this resort is trying to be more than it really is...

PS - If you do stay, make sure to eat the breakfast. Go for the all you can eat, as it is by far the best deal!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart and Kris... P

Stuart_Prey,

It is unfortunate that you do not agree with a large majority of people about the beauty of Coeur d'Alene. It is such a unique and friendly community and many people relocate to be a part of it. Just as you stated, with many Resorts there are fees that go along with them. We actually do not charge a "Resort Fee" as many others do. Our tax rates are described on our website during the booking process, and our taxes and parking rates are located on our confirmation letters. The last thing our Resort does is try to hide fees from our Guests. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Have not stayed here for years, and it's still wonderful! We were there Mother's Day weekend, and was just able to get a room. A room with Lake view no less! Everything about our stay was perfect, except for the crying baby, but hey, what do you do? The lobby is beautiful with ample places to sit. One of the best features is the wrap around dock that you can stroll. The restaurant was fabulous and brunch was fantastic! We even got a boat ride over to the golf course just for fun! Staff were all helpful and friendly. Can't wait to come back! So want to try out the Spa as the "menu" looked awesome!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hlh4shots,

Thank you for choosing to spend your Mother's Day weekend with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Coeur d'Alene and that you were able to experience so many of the amenities here. Hopefully we will see you back soon for your spa appointment!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We had a lake side room, what a view, we were on the second floor, can just imagine the view would be amazing in the upper rooms,
They have nice shops nice products, but spendy
Lots to do here very quite, cant hear other room noise, each room has a balcony, with chairs and lounge chairs

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the lake, (tower rooms) something above the fourth floor just for the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

almostx1,

Thank you for sharing about your stay in Coeur d'Alene at the Resort. We appreciate your review and will look forward to your next visit.