“Put EVERYTHING in your safe!”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Put EVERYTHING in your safe!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

The Coeur d'Alene Resort is a nice property, and I expected a great experience. There were several hiccups upon check-in. We arrived a couple hours prior to guaranteed check-in; however, one of the receptionists took all of our information including credit card and said that she would call us when the room was ready. No problem. We simply went out for a bite to eat. A couple hours went by and it was then past guaranteed check-in time. We went back to the hotel to discover that the our first staff member misplaced our paperwork.

The next day, my husband and I were scheduled for a couple's massage. I'd heard and read great reviews about their spa. After getting checked in, I got changed and met my husband in the relaxation room. He looked at me surprised and informed me that I had a great big whole in the back of the robe they had given me to wear. Not what is to be expected in a top-rated spa, but not a problem.

The next morning at 9a, I had a face to face conversation with the events coordinator and explained that my husband follows a restricted diet and asked her if they could accommodate him at that evening's gathering. She said it was not a problem that something would be ready for him and to simply let the evening staff know when he arrived. That evening at 6p, the staff was not at all prepared. After scrambling around trying to figure out what happened, they were able to accommodate.

The next day, I went to their onsite Starbucks and realized that $300.00 had been taken from my wallet. I had left my handbag buried in the closet a few times when housekeeping had been in the room, which was the ONLY time my bag was not on my arm. I met with the manager on duty, Tina, and told her my story. She then got security's Jeremy involved, who filed a report. Jeremy told me that it might be a few days before he would be able to get back with me, which was fine. Two weeks went by without any word from the resort. I called and left a message for Tina and asked her to call me. It has now been one month and I have yet to hear anything from the Coeur d'Alene Resort. I do understand that I should have been more mindful and taken the extra time to climb up to the safe. I would expect, however, that this highly rated resort would follow up on their commitments.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Lisa T
Chelsea V, General Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Lisa T,

Thank you for speaking with me regarding your visit to the Resort in May. The constructive comments expressed by our Guests assists us greatly as we strive to upgrade our facilities and improve upon our services. Please accept my personal apologies for the poor communication we displayed with regard to the missing item from you room. I will review this topic with out Director of Security for his awareness and appropriate corrective action. The reimbursement of the missing funds should have reached you by now. Please, contact me immediately if you have any further questions.

Douglas Burnett
Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is one of the most well kept hotels I've stayed at. It isn't a new property but you'd think it is much newer than it actually is.

The staff has always been friendly and helpful. They are knowledgeable about the area and the resort.

The entertainment in the lounge was very good and not too loud. You could hear the people talking that were with you and didn't have to shout to hold a conversation.

The resort is across the street from good shopping and a multitude of places to eat. Many pubs are close by too. This is a good place for kids and if you have a boat.

Room Tip: Some rooms look towards town and some have a view of the lake. There is a Park being currently cons...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Treedfrog,

Thank you very much for sharing your Resort experience on TripAdvisor.com. The staff loves hearing positive feedback from our loyal guests. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Coeur d'Alene Resort is one of those places I would recommend someone try to visit once just for the experience but not the kind of place I would frequent often. I put it in the same league as The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan. Great setting, nice facilities, etc. but several (mostly little) things that make it fall short of expectations for a high end place. Little things like pitifully bad coffee for the in room coffee maker. I know, there's a Star Bucks downstairs and they want you to spend money but really? I just want a cup of coffee when I get up so couldn't they make it a positive? Also, having to pay for internet service at $10 a day. Or, the bad, expensive meal at the "Docksider" restaurant. Frankly, these are all issues I have with most higher end resorts. For $350+ a day, it just seems like they should make things high quality or not do them at all. On the positive side, very nice facility, great rooms (fireplace is a nice touch) and an outstanding view. Nice spa and fitness facility as well as great little hiking trails on Tubbs Hill. The golf course is immaculate and includes a floating green that they move around.

Room Tip: The higher the better with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Etatk,

We greatly appreciate your constructive criticism and will definitely pass along this information to all the relative departments as well as the General Manager. As far as our internet service, it is complimentary to all guests of the hotel from your rooms and the hotel lobby. I apologize if you were given the wrong information. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We have stayed at the Coeur d’Alene Resort several times and have always found the facilities and service to be exceptional. This was largely true for our most recent stay, but we did find that the resort is slipping in a couple areas.

I had asked for a quiet room and was given a corner deluxe room on the fifth floor with a lake view. There is a restaurant and bar located on the seventh floor and we found that the music from the bar was quite loud in our room. This lasted until 11:00 pm on a Wednesday night. I was informed that the music continues much later on the weekends.

We arrived before the check-in time and were told that our room was not ready. We expected that this might be the case as the resort was full the night before. When we inquired as to when our room might be ready, we were told that they were not allowed to estimate any time other than the published check-in time of 4:00pm. We have never heard this from any hotel in the past.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The views are outstanding, the staff friendly, and everything was well maintained. With a little more attention to detail, the resort could return to the excellent facility we have enjoyed in the past.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not get noise from the bar.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank jrtraveller
Jrtraveller,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.com. We greatly appreciate the given feedback and will take your comments and suggestions into consideration. Thank you for being a continued supporter of the Hagadone Corporation and all of it's entities. Please, feel free to contact me when booking your next room to ensure a perfect stay.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We spent 2 nights at the resort on a chilly weekend in May with our 16 year old son. We had a great room overlooking the lake. The resort is easy going - but not so casual - it has a good solid quality feel and there are tons of activities - and restaurant options and strolling around Coeur d'Alene. All in all, it was an excellent quality comfortable break for all of us and we all enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Marjorieli,

Thank you for your review of the Resort. We greatly appreciate your feedback and just love hearing from our Guests. I hope you will be able to return on a warmer day this summer to experience all of the lake activities Coeur d'Alene has to offer.

Prescott, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

The hotel/resort is lovely and located on a lake, surrounded by pine and other NW trees & foliage. The views are superb, restaurants are excellent and if one is a golfer, there is a beautiful golf course. We visited the golf course, for breakfast, and to see the most unusual golfing green in the US, which is located in the water!
The one complaint I would offer, is that the signage for the restaurant, Beverly's, is very poor. We knew it was on the 7th floor, but once one gets off the elevator..... the restaurant not to be seen,nor are there any signs directing you to the restaurant. After wandering down a very long hall, checking conference rooms and even a kitchen, you turn a corner and there it is. We almost left. However, the food is excellent and the views are wonderful.......We were glad we found it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sequel
Sequel,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor.com. This really is such a beautiful area of the country that not many people get to witness, but those who do, do not regret it! I will be sure management is aware of your frustrations at Beverly's restaurant. I am very glad to hear the food made up for the troubles.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I reviewed the resort last year and once again, I was very impressed. Clean room, clean common areas, friendly front desk and valet staff and once again, fabulous food. They go all out to take care of their customers. I adore the views and will always stay here when I'm visiting the area.

One thing I've noticed the last few times I've stayed in several hotels is the cleaning staff seems to start early and they disturb early morning sleep with banging doors as they start cleaning before 8am. This was NOT the case here and I've come to appreciate a resort or hotel who tries to honor their customer's rest. Thank you CDA resort!

I think I may even received the same room I had last year and I loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chianti_girl24
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Chianti_girl24,

Thank you for your continued support of the Resort over the years. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself once again at our property. We work very hard to make each Guests stay special. The staff here will look forward to your return in the future!