The Coeur d'Alene Resort is a nice property, and I expected a great experience. There were several hiccups upon check-in. We arrived a couple hours prior to guaranteed check-in; however, one of the receptionists took all of our information including credit card and said that she would call us when the room was ready. No problem. We simply went out for a bite to eat. A couple hours went by and it was then past guaranteed check-in time. We went back to the hotel to discover that the our first staff member misplaced our paperwork.
The next day, my husband and I were scheduled for a couple's massage. I'd heard and read great reviews about their spa. After getting checked in, I got changed and met my husband in the relaxation room. He looked at me surprised and informed me that I had a great big whole in the back of the robe they had given me to wear. Not what is to be expected in a top-rated spa, but not a problem.
The next morning at 9a, I had a face to face conversation with the events coordinator and explained that my husband follows a restricted diet and asked her if they could accommodate him at that evening's gathering. She said it was not a problem that something would be ready for him and to simply let the evening staff know when he arrived. That evening at 6p, the staff was not at all prepared. After scrambling around trying to figure out what happened, they were able to accommodate.
The next day, I went to their onsite Starbucks and realized that $300.00 had been taken from my wallet. I had left my handbag buried in the closet a few times when housekeeping had been in the room, which was the ONLY time my bag was not on my arm. I met with the manager on duty, Tina, and told her my story. She then got security's Jeremy involved, who filed a report. Jeremy told me that it might be a few days before he would be able to get back with me, which was fine. Two weeks went by without any word from the resort. I called and left a message for Tina and asked her to call me. It has now been one month and I have yet to hear anything from the Coeur d'Alene Resort. I do understand that I should have been more mindful and taken the extra time to climb up to the safe. I would expect, however, that this highly rated resort would follow up on their commitments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho