We just stayed here for 3 nights and had a fantastic stay. However, I have to remember we are not just reviewing the area. The hotel location is unbeatable. Right on the lake, steps to beautiful parks, trails, beaches. Who knew!
The hotel is beautiful. Some great moments we had were taking the free boat shuttle to the private outdoor pool and beach. The day we went over it was 100 degrees. The pool is on the same property as their amazing golf course with floating green.
We ate at a couple of the restaurants and the food was good and not too pricey. There are a few choices of restaurants.
The only two things that stopped me from giving this resort a 5 star rating was the beds in our room and the parking. The beds although comfortable, were only doubles. We are a family of three. So my wife and I who are normal size people were not all that comfortable in a double. We stayed in room 246. My opinion is that doubles should be outlawed from higher end hotels...or any hotel for that matter. Queens should be the standard.
The second issue I had was the $17 parking fee. This to me was a money grab. The secure parking is nice, but this is Coeur D'Alene, not downtown Seattle or Vancouver. Maybe a smaller fee like $5 or $8 a day. I am staying in downtown Chicago at the River North Best Western and they have free parking. I have stayed in many big cities in fact and this is right up there in price for parking. I would prefer they raise the price $10 and let me park for $7. I hate nickel and dime situations.
One last little issue was the free wifi. It was free, but in my room, the signal was annoyingly weak. A booster in the area would be suggested. Free is great only if it works. All rooms should have a similar level of service I think.
Despite these few shortcomings, it is still THE place to stay in CDA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels so you can book your The Coeur d'Alene Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho