“Golf Package”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“Golf Package”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

There was a group of us that did the golf package in the spring. It was awesome. The resort is gorgeous. We stayed two nights and got a move the second night because of a noise problem but the hotel dealt with it all very well. The golf course is beautiful (caddy required) and for the average golfer very do-able. Bar and restaurants on-site or within easy walks. Staff was very helpful. There are nice deck areas for sitting outside (with heaters) if the weather is good. I would definitely request a water view as the backside view is so-so. Very nice resort.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Bev751,

I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us this past spring. We love hearing about our guest's experiences. I hope you will be able to make another trip to Coeur d'Alene for more golf this coming spring!

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Amazing view of the lake from our 15th floor room. Beautiful and spacious room. Service was OK - not excellent. Well worth the trip from anywhere. It's only 30 minutes from Spokane, Wa. We did four nights. Food in the restaurants at hotel and in surrounding area was great. We are ready to go back next Summer.

• Stayed September 2013
Dennis R,

Thank you for your review of the Resort on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I would love to know details regarding service during your stay. If it is not a burden, my email is cvanos@cdaresort.com.

St. Pete
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Just returned from a business trip at the Cd'A resort. Instead of booking our negotiated room rates, I went with the resorts "Stay and Play" golf package. About $250/night for a room that was perfectly comfortable with a nice enough view of the lake and marina PLUS a round of golf for each night stayed. By my calculation, I was saving $100 a night over my colleagues. Admittedly their rooms had better views, but you can upgrade to those if you desire.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sluggos,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with other potential guests. We have many packages including dining, spa, and of course, golf, all having a great value. I hope we will see you back next summer for some more fabulous golf.

Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very nicely appointed hotel. Large lobby with shops. Pleasant lounge with outside seating overlooking the lake. Our room was large with a very comfortable bed - nicely decorated. Check in was quick. Coffee bar in the lobby for a quick breakfast. The staff were very accommodating. Close to the public beach for an outside swim. The pool is an indoor facility. There is a spa on-site but we did not try it out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
OnthetrailCanada,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us this summer in Coeur d'Alene. I hope you will be able to return for another great stay in the future!

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We booked one night to play golf here, however, upon arriving and seeing such a nice area, we wanted to extend by another night. We booked in the North Wing with the golf package, when we asked if we could get another night, they just offered at the 'rack' rate ($259), when I could have actually gone and gotten a better rate online. I asked but they said this is the only rate and room we can get. The room - one advice, do not book here. It still smells of cigarette smoke, although renovated to look like it should fit in with the rest of the resort. We called and asked to be moved to another room that didn't smell - you wouldn't believe it - after waiting for a while, we were put in a room RIGHT NEXT to the one we moved from! Needless to say we were just tired, wanted to get in a room, so we kept it. Still smelled of smoke, and probably one of our worst stays at any hotel and we are seasoned travellers. The door didn't quite shut completely, we discovered that when we got back that we could have just pushed the door open. It was also a pretty small queen bed (we have a queen at home and this seemed smaller). I could have, for that price per night, got a nicer room with a view to the water.

Service at front desk was not that great because of the above experience; we were even told that we were waiting that long because we showed up earlier than the 4 pm check in time - WHILE CHECKING IN OTHER GUESTS while we were there. Really felt like our dollar was not worth as much as the other guests dollars. wow.

The best part of our stay was the golf, we took the boat ride over to the course, we also went to the private hotel beach with the infinity pool which was great, and service here was top notch. If we do come back, this would be the reason to do so. I recommend everyone experience the private beach and golf. We also had bfast at the golf course which was fine - we had to sit inside as we didn't want to share our food with wasps!

Loved the ladies at Concierge desk, very helpful and got us reservations for dinner at the hotel restaurant, Dockside with a great table for two with a view to the marina, another highlight of our trip. Food was fine here, just quite busy with a lot of people as it was the go-to place.

We would come back but not sure I would want to pay a premium price for a room that usually goes for $150 - $170 or even less. The stay was not worth it but experience of the golf, beach and area are great.

Room Tip: Do not book in the north wing/park tower
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank newfie-wife
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Newfie-wife,

We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the room and service experienced during your stay with us. I understand your frustrations with the North Wing rooms and will pass along this information to higher management. When we are sold out we cannot upgrade guests to different room types from what they booked, that would be why we were only able to move you to the room next door. All of our rooms are non-smoking, but unfortunately not all guests abide by that rule. We do our best to get all guests checked-in whenever they arrive at our property. Unfortunately it is not possible to check in everyone before the designated time of 4:00 p.m. I believe what you had witnessed are other guests checking into different room types, which they had reserved ahead of time. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves over at our award-winning golf course. I hope you will return for another stay with us in the future. Please, contact me directly if you do decide to book and I would be happy to help you.

Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Coeur d'Alene Resort and will return again!!

We booked a Tower, mountain view room with a king bed and when we arrived and checked in, they put us in a king room (1806) on the Penthouse floor. What a treat, we had views of the town, mountains and lake!!

The staff is friendly and excellently trained and the accommodations are top notch.

We were pleasantly surprised at the moderate/reasonable prices in the restaurants and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Get a tower room with a view and at check-in, ask for the best view available for the price you rese...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom U,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience online for others to see. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to try out a few of our restaurants while staying with us. We will look forward to your next visit to Northern Idaho for another great stay.

Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This property seems to cater to conference business or special events which is fine since that is what I was there for. Did not seem to be "kid friendly" other than the boat cruise I'm not sure what there would be for them to do. I was expecting shoreline on the lake side of the hotel where you could go out and sit but it was all dock. If you golf or like to spa this would be a good resort for you. The room I had was average. No view, tiny shower but it was fine for 2 nights. If I had been on my own dime I would have made sure I had a view room on a high floor. I got a nice view on the boat cruise.

Room Tip: Get a view room on a high floor. I hear they have a suite for $5,000 a night that John Travolta like...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
LinGal2001,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.com. We greatly appreciate the constructive feedback. There are multiple beaches in Coeur d'Alene guests can go to enjoy the cool water and sandy shores. First is located just next to the Resort (on the West side of the Hagadone Corporation building). Second is the private beach at the Resort golf course. Third would be the public beach just a short walk from the front steps of the hotel. I hope we see you back in the near future for a stay in one of our beautiful lake view rooms, or possibly the suite you mentioned!