“Impossible to go Wrong!”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tacoma, Washington
“Impossible to go Wrong!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It's been years, but this place has gotten better. It's a first class resort, set on a pristine lake, with beaches, parks, shopping & world class golf! The spa rocks, there are more activities than you could hope for and dining is outrageous. If you want to plan a trip to the unknown gem of the world, then head here. You can't go wrong!

Room Tip: pay for the lake view...it's worth it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We cant go wrong either with nice Guests like you....Thank you for your visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Dublin, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been to this resort many times and at different seasons of the year. My husband and I went with another couple and had a blast over the 4th of July. The staff was wonderful, the rooms were spectacular. My husband and I played at their golf course which was an awesome experience. Our clubs were delivered and set up before we arrived at the course. The boat took us from the resort to the golf course curtesy of the resort. Our caddy met us when we arrived and made our morning of golf very relaxing. Our friends also had a great time and are planning their next trip. I want to thank all of the staff for another wonderful experience and can't wait to go back. If you want a wonderful place to stay look no further.
Thanks,
Debbie F

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and enjoying the Resort with your friends...We look forward to your return visits...
Gardenm Grove, ca
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the resort after a long primitive camping weekend in the woods and this resort was the piece of luxury we needed before heading home! I booked at the last minute over the phone as we had no internet in the woods and got a great room on the 17th floor, overlooking the park, it also had a partial lake view. When I compared rates online after arriving I was not disappointed in the rare we paid. The room was large for our family of 4. The double beds were nice. The pull out sofa mattress was not comfortable at all, they do need to put foam pads over the old wire coils on them, but my 7 year old did not complain. I have read other reviews complaining about dingy furniture and I do agree some of it was aged and could use to be replaced but not so bad it bothered me and I am picky....
The infinity pool on the lake is perfect. They make great drinks, you can order lunch (I recommend the Italian Panini) all while your family enjoys the gorgeous pool and lake views. My kids used both the pool and the beach while there. The boat ride you take is a nice touch as well. We had breakfast at the Dockside restaurant it was a good basic breakfast. We also had desert there one night great ice cream sundaes, can not miss those! One note do not eat at The Beachouse Restaurant, that is my only regret, the resort owns this restaurant on the lake, but the food is old and and menu needs a major overhaul.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for "Camping" with us! It was great having you and your family enjoy the resort and all of the amenities we have to offer. I will pass along your comments concerning the Beachouse Restaurant to the manager as I know they strive to offer a wonderful waterfront dining experience for our Guests. Thanks again for being here.
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the CdA Resort for three nights in early June. Before getting into my thoughts about the room, I want to mention that the service from most of the team members there was outstanding! I asked questions about a number of things at the Concierge desk and they were also very friendly and helpful. I also received excellent customer service from a fellow that I think was part of the facility operations team. The room we had was on the 14th floor (I think). It had a small balcony and a partial view of the lake (mostly looking toward the city park area). There was a sofa, comfortable chair and a desk/chair area and then a step up to the sleeping area (just a king bed and end tables, and I found my side of the bed to be pretty uncomfortable). There was one TV in the room, a flat screen that could be turned to be viewed from either the "living" area or the bed area. The bathroom vanity and closet area was large and nice, but the lighting was terrible. It was almost too dark to see well to put on makeup, even when using the lighted makeup mirror there. The toilet and tub/shower combination were in a separate room, which was nice, but that room looked especially "dated" - just the tiling and the look of the tub. I had a lot of time during a couple of days to wander around the resort and they have several shops and restaurants/lounges, as well as a lot of outdoor areas to explore or site and relax in. I found items in the shops to be way too expensive for me, but they did have some very nice things. The Resort is also close to a number of downtown CdA shops and restaurants and I enjoyed exploring them, too. All in all, I enjoyed staying there, but I probably would not stay again because I felt it was overpriced for what it offered.

Room Tip: If you want a full lake view, be sure to specify (and be willing to pay more). The higher levels ha...
Green Features: They had a card in the bathroom that said they only change the beds every four days, and also to leave towels ion the towel racks if you didn't want them changed out every day.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent visit to the Resort. We appreciate your constructive comments and will share your notes with the appropriate department managers. We sincerely hope that will consider returning sometime soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was so excited to stay at this resort. If you read the reviews you would think you would like this resort too. The property is so pretty and the location is amazing. Prior to arriving we called to make the arrangements for our stay. There are MANY packages to choose from, if you would like. So many packages in fact the staff can't keep them on straight and you will be on the phone for over an hour to select them. No worries if you get what you need then it's ok.. right? The resort really needs to put all the options online and simplify the options.. and you'll find out why in this review. We also were told we could get on the 4th of July cruise but some how fell off the list. No problem we can work around that I guess and get on another one.

We arrive and navigated our way to the front desk. (They really needs signs because you will have to ask.. as we and many others did too). The check in process was average and the staff was ok. Just because I was so excited I confirmed with the front desk our spa and dinner reservations. All good. We signed our paperwork for 3 nights and were we all set.

Our room was on the 6th floor and faced away from the lake. It was a nice room. On the smaller side but had a mini fridge and the bathroom had been updated. For over $300 a night I was a little surprised but its a resort.

After checking into our room we decided to explore the property. It was our first time to the area and we wanted to see what activities were around. I stopped by the concierges desk to find out more information. My husband and I have been to lots of resorts and they are always the most knowledgeable. The person was terrible. I asked questions about boat rental, kayak's, places to eat and she didn't want to help me. I thought well... I'll find out myself I guess or come back and ask someone else. They weren't busy and there wasn't a line. Hum.

The town is great, people are friendly, lots of food choices, etc. We had a great day and night. The next morning my husband I wake up to find our bill under the door. Hum... 3 night stay so I was confused. No problem we will stop by the front desk on our way out for breakfast. We stopped by and they said there must be some type of problem. They only had us for one night... but we signed the paperwork at check in and they had 3 nights. They had a copy of this too and were so confused. The front desk is unable to make decisions, thinking critically, or help in any way without a manager. The manager did call when they arrived and was very nice. He apologized and wanted us to stay. The front desk offered to reduce our rate,they had to talk with the accounting dept, which was helpful but we were confused and disappointed. The manager ended up refunding our stay and really wanted us to stay on the resort. We were going spend money on the restaurants and spa but cancelled everything. With all the problems with our reservation, the staff was terrible there was no way I would pay a high price for a room and get the service we did.

Just so you know both my husband and I are diamond members with Hilton. We travel so much for work and just needed a get away and break. We thought the resort would be it, but we were so disappointed. We called the Hampton Inn up right away and they said "come over here and we will take care of you". The Hampton was unbelievable and you should know they are #1 in Coeur d'Alene for a reason. I know you want may want to stay on the resort, but unless they get there level of service up to the prices they are charging and the competition in town you really are wasting your money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Misty K
Doug B, Owner at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
As was previously conveyed, we sincerely regret the unintentional clerical error that contributed to the incorrect departure date being noted on your account. Although every effort was made by numerous staff members to encourage you stay at the Resort for the full duration of your visit, we regret that you decided to departed the hotel for alternate accommodations. We hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Resort sometime in the near future under much improved circumstances.
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We loved it. First room was terrible so we requested to be moved. It was over a roof on old section. New room was beautiful and spacious. Could see the lake. Would highly recommend this tranquil piece of paradise! Great honeymoon or vacation spot.

• Stayed September 2013
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your visit to the Resort. We appreciate you being our Guest.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is truly a wonderful resort. Good restaurants, nicely appointed rooms and the golf course is lots of fun. The 14th hole is the island green. You take your shot then hop on their boat over to the green, putt your ball, climb back into the boat for your quick trip back and go on to play the 15th hole. That's if you landed on the green. If not, you still hop on the boat and drop your ball in the drop zone, putt and go. The Coeur d'Alene lake is just beautiful. Growing up in New Jersey, we had a summer home on Lake George, NY and seeing Coeur D'Alene lake was like being at Lake George.

Room Tip: Of course try to get a room looking over the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GraceLovisa
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for being our Guest and enjoying our famous Floating Green Resort Golf Course. We appreciate your kind reviews and look forward to your return visit.