I stayed at the Coeur d'Alene Resort for 3 nights for a conference. The town was beautiful and though I would be tempted to return for a vacation, I would not choose this hotel.
- The bathroom was quite spacious. There were double vanities, which was very convenient since I was sharing a room. The water pressure in the shower was strong.
- The public areas featured plenty of seating and were modern and well-designed,
- The catering for the conference was very good and was a step about typical hotel food.
- Housekeeping services were great.
- Front desk service was abysmal and left a poor taste in my mouth throughout the stay. I booked a Lake View 2 Double Bed room, though the hotel website had a disclaimer that they were not guaranteeing room or bed types due to the conference. At 8 am on the morning of check-in, I called to find out that I had been assigned a room with a king+sofa sleeper. I asked to be re-assigned to a room with 2 double beds and was fed a standard line about the hotel being fully booked; I did not get the impression that the clerk was apologetic or even tried to be accommodating. Check-in was busy and I had to wait in line. The associate was very brusque and did not smile once or welcome me to the hotel. She also refused to re-assign me to another room. On the day of checkout, I called at 6 am to ask for late check-out (I only needed 30 minutes). I was again fed a standard line about their hotel being at capacity and no late checkouts were being granted that day, though I later heard from other conference attendees that they were able to get checkout extended by 1 hour. On one occasion, I stopped by the front desk to ask for change from a big bill. Two people were working. The first male clerk that I approached told me he did not have a cash box and sent me to wait on the other female associate, who was obviously occupied with a disgruntled guest and prolonged situation. After standing around for a few minutes with the first guy pointedly ignoring me, I walked away.
- My room was horrible. The sleeper sofa was extremely uncomfortable, and my roommate and I ended up sharing the slightly more comfortable king bed. Our room faced a blank wall and had no natural light. All the lamps had to be on even in the middle of the day, just to get decent light.
- Do not book the hotel's shuttle service from Spokane airport. I made a shuttle reservation via the hotel website and never got an email confirmation. It took 2 phone calls and an unreturned message before I could confirm my reservation. That should have been my first sign that they do not have their act together. My flight was delayed 90 minutes, which threw off the shuttle schedule. I ended up waiting for 1 hour and 20 minutes at the airport before our bus left. This would have been understandable if the driver was upfront about the wait, but he told us 30 minutes at first then kept promising that we were just waiting a few more minutes. I should have booked with a private shuttle company as colleagues on the same delayed flight were able to walk off the plane and depart on their shuttle immediately. The driver kept blaming the delayed flight, but if you operate an airport shuttle, you have to be prepared for flight delays!
Overall, I would not recommend the Coeur d'Alene Resort. Perhaps you can blame the busy conference for throwing them off their game, but if they accept such business, then they should be prepared to deal with the crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels so you can book your The Coeur d'Alene Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho