“Wonderful views and walks around the crystal clear lake.”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room has a nice balcony to set and enjoy the spectacular view. The large bathroom has a large shower with separate deep tub with Jacuzzi jets. The lake view is visible from bed and the curtains have a remote control so you can sleep in without getting woke up by the sun. But you can then open the curtains when you wake without getting out of bed.

There are also very nice restaurants inside the resort as well as others a close walk and another a close boat ride.

The AC is central so the only noise in the room is the fan running.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in their lake view room which are more expensive but the lake view is spectacul...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chuck121199
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay and loook forward to your return visits to the Resort.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place is fantastic! The bed was superior to none, clean and inviting. The room was spacious with a wonderful fireplace. We had a room over looking the marina and watching the boats come in and go out was very relaxing. Room service was great, ordered breakfast in and the tray came with a toaster so the bread was hot went eaten (what a great idea). The staff was so friendly and quick to answer any question. I could go on and on about the wonderful food, staff, and pool but I will just say "Stay Here"!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the marina side have a wonderful little balcony to watch the boats and people cliff jumping...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Motzkus

Thank you for being our Guest and sharing your experience with others. We are proud to be a Tripadvisor "Green Leaders" award winner. We hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The CDA Resort is a rare find. It tries to be all things to all people and actually succeeds - for the most part.

Travelers from any demographic, from honeymooners to empty-nesters and everything in the middle will find something to enjoy. Of course, a lot of that has to do with it's location - perched above the deep blue waters of Lake Coeur d'Alene and surrounded by a smorgasbord of available activities. But the hotel and it's staff endeavors to live up to the promise of its surroundings, as best they can. As good as it is, there is always a "but" that keeps it from perfect - consequences of it's high promises of luxury, perhaps?

We traveled with 6 - 2 parents, 2 teens, an infant and a dog. Yes, the CDA resort is so dog friendly, our pooch was welcome anywhere but the restaurants and we loved that. But it would have been a nice luxury for him to have a water dish in the room.

Our room was in the park tower, overlooking the lower roof of the resort , the lake and marina. We didn't have a balcony but the windows went floor to ceiling and the top half swung open wide, like arms stretching out to the sunset (yes, that sounds corny. But spend a couple nights with that sunset view and you can't help yourself). I especially appreciated that the hotel covered the flat roof below us in wooden tiles, so we didn't have to stare at a blank industrial-like expanse - a nice touch. But the bathrooms are a little small, and for a luxury resort, I would have expected extra amenities, like q-tips.

The hotel shuttles to the outdoor pool and golf in beautiful wooden boats. At least they looked wooden - our teens enjoyed taking them, but because no one under 5 is allowed, we had to drive with the baby. Since I knew about this from trip advisor ahead of time, I wasn't too disappointed, but there was nothing in the hotel literature that would have tipped us off. We enjoyed great afternoon at the beach club. The infinity pool was smaller than we expected but possibly because of the remote location, the size was fine for the crowd. Pool service was nice and the menu was adequate to keep us happy and comfortable. But while the drinks were tasty, the salads lacked several of the ingredients in the description. Our $10 southwest chicken salad was a lackluster serving of primarily lettuce and dressing.

The indoor pool was practically vacant. There was a nice selection of kickboards and a few pool toys available, but the water was a bit cold. The baby started to shiver and we didn't spend much time in it. it would be a good temperature for lap swimming for exercise, and the teens enjoyed the whirlpools.

The exercise facility surrounds the indoor pool and was quite busy. It looked nicely equipped too. Morning yoga classes were also offered.

Desserts at Dockside are fantastic. The gooeys are giant sundaes that are meant to be shared. By large groups. And the coconut mac cake and huckelberry cobbler were amazing. We didn't eat dinner at Dockside and instead repeatedly dropped $50 on dessert because, while the gooeys are made to be shared, my teenagers weren't about to. But hey, it's vacation. But the odd thing was when my husband ordered an espresso with his cake, the single shot serving came in a full size coffee mug. Really? That's a surprising oversight from a world class hotel.

That's the thing - the CDA resort is a really awesome Idaho hotel. But falls short in the knit-picky details that make a world class luxury resort. When I asked the concierge where I could find baby supplies - or if there were any to rent - as we forgot the stroller at home, she apologized and said she wished there was that option. Fortunately, the GPS in my car showed me a Target north of town where I could purchase what we needed.

Later, when I inquired about how to pump air in small beach tube, I was told there might be a gas station with air by the Zips drive in several blocks away. But in a resort surrounded by a large marina and watersport nirvana, I had expected someone to have an air compressor somewhere. I don't mind paying, I want the convenience.

The wifi is free for one device. But when we tried to use the $10 daily upgrade to use up to 4 devices, it never worked. And no one at the desk really knew why or could fix it. But they were quick to refund the charge.

Room service? It was prompt and beautifully laid out and the staff were delightful and polite. But when I tried to order the express breakfast via the door hang the night before, I struggled with getting it to stay hanging on the narrow door knob, and woke up to my order form swept back under my door and no huckleberry pancakes (a tragedy made right with a quick and pleasant phone call).

Another enjoyable treat were the cocktails. The cucumber cilantro cooler was refreshing, but the blended banana drink from the marina park side bar was the best. As dogs - and drinks - are banned from the beach, I loved how the hotel offered a nice comfy lawn by the lake we could stretch out with both while keeping an eye on the big kids in the lake.

I also appreciated that on the day we had the "do not disturb" sign out, housekeeping called to see if we needed more towels.

Overall, we had a fabulous time and hope to return. The staff was very friendly and could be even better with a bit more training. Our room rate was in the low 200s and that felt appropriate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thesecret_squirrel

Thank you for thoughtful notes regarding your recent visit to the Resort. I will share your compliments with the Resort Staff.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were here for a business event. The lake view room's are a must. People were very friendly. I highly recommend the resort and if you golf it is definitely a must. Husband said it was the most beautiful golf course.

Room Tip: Lake view room is a must!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

like many other reviewers we enjoyed our stay at this resort but there were a few things that prevent me from rating as 5 stars. to the good, our view of the lake was fantastic; our room was quiet, beds comfy, good shower; we thought the front desk staff were very nice; our dinner at beverly's was extremely good, both food, service, and wine; transporation services to the golf course and airport also very good. on the downside, the coffee in the room is abysmal, and the creamers are synthetic powder; housekeeping could have been better (dirty wine glasses not replaced...found a 1/2 open bottle of water in our room when we checked in, obviously not ours); massage at the spa was only so so. so in summary we enjoyed our stay, and would recommend (esp an upper floor room with view of the lake)...and we would both highly recommend dinner at beverly's

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to the Resort. I will share your comments with the respective department managers for their awareness and appropriate response. We appreciate your overall favorable review of our Resort.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A location worth the price...both in amenities and in breathtaking beauty. The area is great for taking a hike or a boat ride. We were there for a wedding that was held in the Hagadon Center. The downtown was nice but not too touristy. Felt that our needs were taken care of. I was able to use the spa and - of course - it was nice. My only complaint? Is that the tower we were staying in was confusing to get to certain rooms. I think the signage was poor...and if you didn't know what tower you were headed towards. There is no signage to help you. That said...ask any of the very friendly and helpful employees? And they would be most helpful.
My brother was getting married and they used the Penthouse. Million dollar view.

Room Tip: For a lower price? You will look at the downtown...for a higher price you will see the lake. There a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us. We look forward to your return to the Resort sometime soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you want the absolute BEST golf experience, play this course! The course is in great shape with incredible views of the lake in a forested setting.
Let's start with our arrival: the drive in rivals Augusta National, we were greeted by our caddy (Cindy) with a golf cart and taken with our clubs to the pro shop for check in, the driving range over looks the lake and you hit into the water using "floaters", there is a massage therapist that gives a chair massage (complimentary) prior to your round, this is the course with the floating green. I'm really looking forward to playing here again. There is a daily afternoon special (including all the above) for $69.00 for 9 holes + the floating green with a $20.00 credit for the restaurant. I will always cherish this experience albeit a forgetable score.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank r s

We appreciate your great reviews of the Golf Course. I will share your compliments with the golf course staff. Thank you.