“what a honeymoon.... yuck”
Review of Bennett Bay Inn

Bennett Bay Inn
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I rented a room in early June the day we married to spend our honeymoon.. when we got there the room was being cleaned so we waited outside for nearly an hour in the parking lot while she got done, when we got in there the room smelled VERY bad.. like rotten ... something, I am not sure. I was sitting in the hot tub and wondering why the fountain thats supposed to have a "waterfall" didnt work and had trails of black stuff in it. My husband started feeling pretty ill towards the end of the evening, I was feeling pretty nauseous myself and he noticed a door like entrance to the base of the hot tub that wouldnt shut. he tried to close it and out of curiosity pulled it back a bit and THERE WAS MOUNTAINS OF MOLD!!! Black furry huge clumps of mold!!!! I told him to close it close it!!! We agreed to let managment know in the morning, I couldnt sleep the rest of the nite, we got more and more ill and I ended up vomiting from 4 am to 6 when we packed up and left, my husband went to tell management and lady said she would let him know. we haven't been back since. I tell ya, if I hadn't married a wonderful man, that room woulda wrecked my whole honeymoon.

Room Tip: These rooms have awesome themes, I love the original ideas, if they could get some better management...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Apryll M

Reviewed 8 April 2013

If you want to take an escort somewhere this would be the place. If you want to be treated like a worthless piece of crap this hotel is for you!! If you are looking for STDS and want a place to waste your money come stay here!! We called three times and verified reservations with our two kids. When we got there we were told kids were not allowed and they were going to put us out and still take our money. I get the policy about kids and reservations but they were so rude I was in tears and even though they let us stay we were gone by 6 AM. When I called the manager to complain he said thanks for the feedback and hung up. No refund no nothing. This place sucks!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank mad customer 101
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Exactly what the title says. I got food left it on the table, 30 minutes later there was a trail of ants to it. We talked to the office and said we were leaving, they said sorry and told us we would get a refund.

Week goes by and no refund posted. Tried to talk with the manager who never called us back. Disputed the charge with the bank which we lost because there is a clause that says they're not responsible for pests.

So didn't stay there got charged anyway with ants all over the room. Horrible place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ragingchiamonkey
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I rented room 21 downstairs for a week it had a nice view; however, the room smelt like something died recently in there. Every time I would walk in through the front door I would smell death maybe a dead mouse or something. I told management about the smell and asked about another room they could put me in for the remainder of my stay but he said there were no rooms avaliable but there was no one else staying there at the time. Next, sense they have no management skills and they were not going to cater to me like they are supposed to I gave them the key and told them I was leaving and asked about my deposit he said "we can't give it back to you because you rented the room for seven days and your leaving early" I was so disgusted by this point and irritated I said "keep it". No way I'm leaving because it smells like dead bodies are in the room somewhere! I recommend never staying here because the management is probably on drugs and there are many health hazards with the rooms. I'm reporting this business to some type of Health Department because no would should breath the horrible smell that I had to when paying for a place to stay for a week. Absolutely no money has been put into the "BENNET INN" to maintain it and that place needs to be torn down.

Room Tip: Stay in your car but not at the "Bennet Inn"
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank FredG378
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I made reservations over nine months ago for a two day stay for Ironman, called and confirmed a month before Ironman.......Guess what.. the Manager calls and tells me 'Too bad we cant honor your reservations. find somewhere else to stay.The employee that made the reseveration doesn't work here anymore!!: Yells at me, because I said "You have to honor the confirmation number, its good business practice to stand behind your employee, even though they made a mistake." He still is yelling....and says, "No, I dont, find somewhere else to stay or pay for 4 nights." Then hung up on me. So I called Sliver Lake Motel and told them what just happened and Laurie the manager was very nice and found me a room. Then I called the CDA Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Berau. They have not HEARD THE END OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Room Tip: dont stay there, they dont honor anything.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Winnie H
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Had reservations for a year, they now say they wont honor them or the price they gave. just because they didn't train an employee right they say its our problem. When I called to discuss this with the manager he was screaming at me then hung up on me. Horrible service and experience all together will never attempt to do business with them again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank katie k
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I reserved a room for my anniversary with my girlfriend. It started out when we got there. The lady who helped us said, "Oh your card's only been charged for 1 night and not two". I responded, "I only wanted 1 night". She said, "Oh I see it now written here. Here's your key for the victorian room." I said, "I requested the roman room." She replied, "It says here victorian, but we can put you in the roman room."
Later, I asked for extra towels. We waited. And waited. After about half an hour, I called and they said, "Oh your towels. They'll be down shortly." In the end, we waited in our room for almost an hour before someone finally brought down towels. The rest of the night was great because we made the best of it. We got a call the next morning at 7am from the office. It was the lady saying, "When he brought down towels last night, did you find any keys?" No I didn't, that's not my problem. Turns out, they lost their office keys, but found them in the office. Very annoying and unprofessional. The theme of the room was nice but all the signs with rules around the room kind of took away the feel of it all. Also, the coffee cups in the room were dirty. The place was dumpy looking all around. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go to this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple