“Eat Tastefully, Drink Locally”
Review of Bardenay

Bardenay
Ranked #17 of 261 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999. With three locations in Boise, Eagle and Coeur d'Alene that capture the spirit of Idaho and the Northwest, Bardenay Restaurant and Distillery is a cornerstone of Idaho's restaurant and bar industry. The original establishment is located in a once empty warehouse on the Historic Basque Block in downtown Boise, Idaho. On April 25th, 2000, history was made when we served the first cocktail to included spirits distilled in a restaurant in the US. As the nation's first restaurant distillery, Bardenay has set an industry precedent as the first full service restaurant and bar with the ability to create handcrafted liquor on-site. Our distillers are happy to give tours as time allows. Please ask your server if you are interested in a closer look at our operations. p.s. We are only allowed to sell our fine spirits by the drink. If you would like to purchase a bottle, you may do so at many of our state liquor stores.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The first of many (I hope) microdistilleries in the area serves good food and creative cocktails made with spirits produced on site. The nice setting, attractive bar, outdoor seating area and resident family of ducks adds to the fun dining/drinking experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went here for drinks and dessert after an early dinner. It was near our hotel and suggested by the hotel staff. What a nice find! Even early in the week, and later in the evening, there was a good crowd. Our server recommended some nice choices for local wine and beer. She stopped back several times to check on us, and we had a nice conversation with her until it was time to wrap up for the evening. It's too bad we could not try the food, since it looked like a nice enough place for a casual meal.
This one is on my list of places to visit on my next trip to the area.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

First you seat yourself, so people stand around waiting to grab the next available table. Our waiter was a jerk, very arrogant, It took a very long time to get our drinks, in which two people out of six did not get there's until half of their meal was gone. The Cesar salad is very vinegar tasting. fettuccine was terrible the worst part was my son ordered a burger and it was raw, sent it back and they cooked the same burger placed on the same bun with the two bites out and served it with sweet potato fries in which he never had to begin with. chimichanga is horrible not sure what is inside but its moosh with cold sauce on top; I have never complained at a place, however I have never experienced this before the burger was the worst for me. We came back to hotel and ordered a pizza, must better. ,

2  Thank T0j070
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We went for a late lunch one work day based on our realtor's suggestion. I was surprised at how busy it was given it was past prime lunch hour. We shared our lunch so we could try some different items. The just standard green side salad was full of fresh vegetables and was extremely tasty. I ordered the club sandwich and my husband ordered fish and chips. The portions were large and we could have easily shared a single plate and been fine. The club sandwich was great, real not deli meat and nice thick bacon. The cod was very good and the breading was a light batter so you didn't feel like you ate a piece of lead. The restaurant apparently brews a variety of their own spirits but as it was lunch we passed on this option. If you are looking for a quiet place to go, this isn't where you want to be. I was pleased that they didn't have overly loud music competing with the conversations which would have kept me from returning. The waitstaff is attentive, pleasant and helpful. We'll return another time to try out some other menu items and maybe some of the spirits.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Bardenay has the feel of a high end restaurant, and it is except for the prices. The atmosphere is very comfortable, and the service is great. The dishes are tasty, and some are unique. I would go back when I'm in the area again.