“Good value for families” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
small town Idaho
“Good value for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

Ameritel Inn @ Coeur d'Alene was a great find for our family. Room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Beds were very comfortable. Complementary hot breakfast was generous. Pool area (open 24 hrs) was well kept. Rates were very reasonable and the location was quiet (we were on the 3rd floor - south side).

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jcollision

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Before I start I need to say I am a 30yr hospitality professional. I have been a General Manager for franchise hotels & have managed boutique weddings properties.
When making a reservation you take for grated that your personal info is private. I have ALWAYS thought that it also included my personnel privacy.
Well I found out just how wrong I was. While visiting my son and his family over Labor Day Weekend . That is when Ameri Tel answered "One Simple Question With One Little Word"
Do to that question and word we had the embarrassment of having a bogus drug raid called on our room, husband in handcuffs, drug dog through the rental car. NOTHING found OF COURSE.
But wait my Wonderful (right) stay is not over yet. The answer to that simple question with that little word set a voilent crazy person I was trying to avoid loose on me and my family. The same person who phoned in the phony drug tip is now stalking me both by phone and in person. Being outside my hotel, parked beside my rental car, just to where I can't see his face. I had the front desk call the police. Just so you know CDA police will do nothing if you do not see there face. Even if you can say the make color and license plate.
I checked out of the hotel and went to stay with my son. Safety in numbers so to speak.
I have called the manager and asked how this all started & why. Why his front desk saw fit to hand out my personal travel plans.And to every question I asked I got the EXACT same answer. "It was one Simple Question, Answered By One Little Word" When I really pushed he hung up on me. What a professional.
That question was " Do Mr. & Mrs. Who Ever have reservation here?" The answer "Yes."
In the age of confirmation numbers AND cell phones there is absolutely no reason for that info to be handed out.
The person who asked the question was my violent, crazy ex son in law, who we were hoping to avoid, since he tries to ruin EVERY family vacation. The same person who phoned in the bogus drug call, and the same person who continues to harass my family and my business.
So to conclude. For those of you who thought your personal info given a hotel included your person travel plans like I did. think again, and women traveling alone BEWARE Ameri Tel will give out you plans to ANYONE that can hint at your name.
I know that in 30 plus years of working I have NEVER given out ANY type of info on my guest.
As of 2 month later there has not been any type of apology from Ameri Tel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BigBlueHouse
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Very clean hotel with great beds. We were there off season so not alot of children. The hot tub was very foamy (not good) but otherwise the pool area looked very nice. Great to have a 24 hour pool. Thought the complimentary breakfast was great with lots of variety. Not just danish and fruits. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

First time we stayed at this hotel.We were very surprised at the level of service we got in this hotel. Randy who checked us in was so nice and explained everything with clarity. Great , great service. We stayed here for three nights with two kids, ages 11 & 9 and the room was big enough for us. I just hope that this hotel will keep their prices lower. It was the reason I picked this hotel over Holiday Inn Express. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank btreid
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

Our recent stay Aug18-22 was fabulous. Our room was clean, quiet and lovely. the complimentary hot breakfasts were superb and the staff was awesome. Location was excellent as well with grocery, pharmacy, office supplies and others across the street and the I-90 freeway just around the corner. We would definitely recommend this hotel. When we are back in Coeur D'elene, Ameritel Inn will be our first choice. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

We stayed at the Ameritel for 4 nights while visiting Silverwood theme park and Boulder Beach Water park. We also spent a day in downtown Spokane, Washington. We found the location of this hotel to be very convenient to most everything. It's located just off the freeway, so it was quick to get to where we wanted to be, but it was also very quiet. We never heard any traffic noise at all. Our room was very basic, but spacious and very clean. The beds were amazing!! More comfortable than some of the 4 star hotels we've stayed at. Our room had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We found there was tons of storage for clothes, shoes and luggage.
The "free breakfast" buffet was better than most - with fresh cantelope & honeydew melon, cottage cheese and yoghurt, begals, english muffins, decent bread, freshly baked muffins, scrambled eggs or cheddar cheese omlets, bacon (every second day) and potatoes, a waffle making station.....and a variety of cold cereals....coffee, tea, juice and hot chocolate....
This hotel also has free internet in the business center which was never busy whenever we needed to use it.
We didn't have a chance to use the pool, but it was busy at all hours as was the hot tub.
We booked through the Ameritel web-site for $129/night which we felt was great value. We were also able to purchase discounted tickets to the theme park from the hotel front desk. We would definately consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bcgirl2005
Kettle Falls, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

The Ameritel Inn in Coeur d'Alene was an extremely pleasant stay. Me and my group consisted of two other adults and two kids. We all loved it. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was fantastic and they didn't run out of food. The rooms were very clean and inviting. The beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. It was also very quiet surroundings. The pool was great and so was the business center. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends