“Excellent Room”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Room”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had never stayed in this motel before and was very satisfied with the ease of locating the motel. The young lady who greeted us was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Would stay there again any time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! I am happy that you had an excellent stay with us! We look forward to having you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Customer service lacking here! Most LaQuintas have better customer service. Breakfast was ok, fair amount of choices. Had an issue, needed front desk to call another LaQuinta...he told me to do it myself.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank itsallgood-14
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
I sincerely apologize for your experience! This is not up to my standards and I will be following up with my staff! I hope that you will understand this was an isolated incicent and give us another chance.
Spokane, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Wonderful place, great place to sneak away with my beautiful girl friend and enjoy each other. The room was warm and very cosy. The lobby was very clean and the front desk guy was very nice. Pool area was clean and easy to enjoy. We stayed in the room with a jetted tub and really enjoyed all the space. Shower was large and easy to move around in. Over all i would for sure tell friends and family to stay at this La Quinta in Coeur d Alene.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Brian P
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a response! Glad you were here to enjoy our beautiful fall colors. We look forward to having you again!
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is a charming motel set just off I-90 in the east part of Coeur d'Alene. Courteous staff, clean rooms, quiet arbor environment and a nice complementary breakfast. The freshly baked chocolate chip cookies are a ladies charmer. In October, the brilliant leaf color on the grounds were picture worthy. We like the ramp entrance facilitating roll-aboard luggage access.

Room Tip: Ground floor or garden level are very nice and easy access.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CamanoCarl
Thank you for taking time to post a response! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you again!
Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient. Rooms were average in size (had double queen rooms), but comfortable enough. Travelling through as a family of 7 we were grateful that they could accommodate us with adjoining rooms. The pool and hot-tub were much appreciated after a long day's drive. Breakfast was well stocked. Would consider staying here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Little_Shoe_66
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a response! I am glad that you enjoyed our lovely hotel and its ammenities, we look forward to having you again!
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I would give this hotel an average rating was it not for the security issue we experienced.

We were on the road when we booked this hotel, and I did not realize there were 2 La Quinta locations in Coeur D'Alene (my fault). We had stayed at the other location and were quite happy the last time we were through, and I just assumed we would be satisfied... but not so much.

The rooms were clean and the King bed is huge and comfortable (as all La Quinta's we have stayed at). The hotel is dated, but that has never been an issue for us, as long as it is safe and clean.

The arrival and booking was satisfactory, and we moved our car over to the east doors to be closer to move our luggage.

We were a bit bothered by the group of people loitering around outside the doors smoking and watching us as we figured out what to take in... but we carried on. I inserted my key to open the side door, and noticed at that time the door was unlocked to everyone. I assumed at that time, there would be an auto-locking system that would kick in when the evening arrived. We took EVERYTHING up to our room, as we were not REALLY comfortable with the folks hanging out watching what we had in our trunk/car.

OLDER guests please NOTE: our room on the top floor (a bit of a climb with no elevator) but not really an issue for us.

Had a great sleep and we were heading down for the "Bright Side Breakfast" when we opened the hallway door at the top of the stairs to find a transient person sleeping, only feet from our room door... I was so startled I let out a gasp, but then headed down to the front desk to report what we found. My husband said I hope he is ONLY sleeping... (that had not occurred to me).

Staff acted quickly and minutes later we saw him walking across the parking lot. The person at front desk came over and told us he had left.

Now, to be fair, I did do a survey sent to me by the hotel, and they did call and email me to say they have adjusted their procedures to hopefully prevent this issue from happening again. THANK YOU for that. But I still feel obligated to give the heads up to future guests. Check that side door and make sure it gets locked at night... we were lucky it was just a young man sleeping we encountered... this could have been much worse.

We travel lots and use La Quinta's often (La Quinta Reward card holder). We worry little about the decor or even if staff are rude... the bottom line is ARE WE SAFE, and in a clean room.

This is the first review I have written here... but I thought the heads up should be given.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura G
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I am always pleased with my stays at most La Quinta locations. This one was no exception. I was very happy with my stay and the service. I will be back the next time I am in the Coeur D'Alene area. My only suggestion to future guests would be if you get a suite, like we did, get the suite on the upper floor because if the suite above you runs their jacuzzi tub it is so extremely loud!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank sanlm
Karen L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at La Quinta. We look forward to having you back in the future!