“Not so nice”

Baymont Inn & Suites Coeur D Alene
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were given a basement room (yes, basement!!) that was obviously a former smoking room. It stunk! The carpet was wet and there were gray stains on the ceiling. Being an asthmatic, I am very sensitive to mold and smoke. I was having an asthma attack within the hour and we asked for a different room, but they had none. I think the gray stuff on the ceiling was mold, possibly in the wet carpet too. That, combined with the stale smoke smell made us have to leave the hotel late at night with 2 young kids. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because the man at the front desk was nice about not charging us for the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This room was overpriced in my opinion. The WiFi was not working and I was not notified of this at check-in. No adjustment was made to my room rate for lack of internet. The room itself was nice, although the bathroom could use an update. Breakfast was fine.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have stayed in your hotel
chain before and found them to be clean modern and enjoyable, but this time not. We booked 2 nights but checked out after one. The internet was not working and nothing was done to fix it, and since I require it for my business, this was not acceptable. The TV was very old and reception was not very good. It was advertised that 100% satisfaction is guaranteed! but that obviously is untrue. The breakfast included was just average. Not even sure if I was credited the reward points promised. No offer was made to make any adjustment to the rate already too high. We checked out and acquired a room in a more modern hotel for less money and services desired.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Decided on this hotel after reading reviews, and was beyond pleased! Warm cookies awaited my children at check in, which was awesome after being In the car all day long!
Our room was very clean, beds were comfy, and we had a large flat screen hdtv, with 100's of channels.
Pool and hottub was great!
The best part was the free breakfast. After our 4th day at a hotel continental breakfast, this was a great surprise. Bisquits and gravy, cheesy eggs, muffins, bagels, toast, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, peaches, pears, cantelope, cottage cheese, abs waffles. 3 juice chices, and coffee with many different flavored creamers!
Definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for one night and was pleasantly surprised of the major renovations that were done in this hotel. We had stayed at Ameritel Inn every year for years and happy to see that almost everthing is brand new - carpets, room furniture and appliances (TV, microwave, coffee machine, chair and table , etc). The walls are newly painted as well. They still offer the same free breakfast with two hot items.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CapDG
Reviewed 23 May 2014

LaQuinta Inns are always very friendly and provide clean rooms with adequate furnishings for the price paid. I stay at hotels regularly and I always find LaQuinta a very good value. I would definitely recommend these hotels to anyone looking for the best value for their cost.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family