“Noisiest motel I've ever stayed in :(”

Motel 6 Coeur D'Alene
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Helena, MT
“Noisiest motel I've ever stayed in :(”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My experience here was horrible even considering we were only using this motel as a crash pad!! We arrived very late on a friday night with our 3 children for a weekend trip to Silverwood. We knew not to have high expectations considering this was the cheapest motel we could find, and we really didn't care too much since we only planned on sleeping there. However, unfortunately we didn't get any sleep because not only is the freeway extremely loud which is right next to the motel, but we had drunk loud people walking by our room all night long and kept all of us awake. The room itself wasn't too bad, had been recently remodeled. But we were stuck in a ground unit right next to the pool and parking lot and had to be the noisiest area of the whole place. Saturday night was the worse. We figured surely we wouldn't have two nights in a row of loud drunks wandering by, but sure enough we did, and way worse!!! A large crowd of drunk kids showed up after the bars closed and decided to hang out right in front of our window which is right by the bed because the rooms are so small. We actually got up and told them to be quiet we have sleeping children and it didn't make any difference. They kept us up untill 4 am. And the front just told us it was a full house so they couldn't move us. I will never stay here again. The front desk staff seem like they were hired off the street or something as well. I left a pair of earrings on the night stand and have called three times and everytime the people keep telling me they'll check and still have never called me back! Please save your $ and stay somewhere more worth your dollar. This place is a joke.....unless your in an all night partying kind of mood.

Room Tip: None of them are good rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank millergirl78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I had a reservation for June 1, which I made online, for a senior discount. When I arrived, the woman didn't give me the discount. So, she had to redo the charge. But before she did, it became apparent that she charged me for someone else's room and also internet to that room! She grabbed the receipt from me, and held it behind her back so I couldn't examine it further, as if she were a child. Finally she succumbed and showed it to me again and sure enough, she'd charged me for someone else's room. I understand people make mistakes, but her unprofessional behavior of ripping the receipt from my hand, then hiding it behind her back was inexcusable and insulting to boot. Ultimately, as she continued to make mistakes in the charges, I got charged for the price of three nights! Then, she and the manager there could not give me a receipt saying the word "refund," (I decided to cancel the whole thing due to their ineptness and unprofessionalism). I finally left in frustration with my son, after driving for 5 hours there and being exhausted, and so I had to go find another hotel (I went to Motel 6 Spokane) and our experience there was fine. I was so disappointed by the employees at the Coeur d'Alene Motel 6 as my former experiences (with different employees) was fine previously. I have to say my experience trying to check in was of near-nightmare proportions. I am still not sure I was refunded, and am working with my credit card company to file a complaint if I don't receive it by tomorrow. Really, what happened was inexcusable and they should have offered me a free night for the headache, expense of driving there, the cancellation, the wrong charges, and the time it cost me while they continued to make mistakes even when I cancelled it on the spot. I will not make a reservation here again if the same employees work there, and if I do not get a very prompt refund of all the erroneous charges of over $200 for a one-night, senior, 2 bed room that I cancelled! It shook me up and ruined our night as we had to find somewhere else to stay although it was evening. shame on your Motel 6 Coeur d'Alene.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank travelmom007

Travellers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We came in late Sunday night after driving from West Glacier and needed a place to sleep. The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful. The room was average and clean. The stay was fine but there was no breakfast or anything and the price seemed high for the lack of amenities. If you have a little time you might be able to shop around and find a better deal.

Room Tip: Shop around first
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dominic L
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I love this little Motel 6. My wife and I have stayed here quite a few times and it's always been very welcoming to us and our family whenever we come through this area, and always very pleasent "no matter what time of night".

The rooms are always the cheapest in town, they are always clean and I love the oval Shower unit - no bathtub ususaly, but that oval shower unit is a treat for people who enjoy a good quality shower in the morning.
They have a nice outdoor pool, and it's not to loud in the morning either.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DylanKnell
Riverside, California
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Coeur d'Alene for two nights and I was sad to leave. I expected the room to be the typical dull and drab Motel 6 room and when I walked in I was pleasantly shocked. The rooms have obviously been recently renovated as it looked, smelled, and felt brand new. It was nicely decorated with bright colors, a nice wood floor and contemporary style furniture. A very comfortable and happy room! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even called my room about an hour after I checked in to make sure everything was satisfactory. Excelllent service all around. I will definetly stay here again on my next trip to northern Idaho.

Room Tip: The rooms of the front of the building see the most traffic. A guy in a truck did a donut in the sno...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank S S
Murrieta
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Disgusting. Dirty. When checking mattress for bed bugs didn't find any but did find cigarette burned mattress, stained mattress. Ugly smelly. No shampoo or soap. No cups for water. Carpet ripped and stained. Couldn't get out sat enough.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Murkate
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Visiting family and just stayed here to sleep then play all day in Coeur d Alene, nothing fancy just bed, shower, TV typical Motel 6

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family