“Fun 50's style motel, you pick the theme”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coeur d'Alene
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Atlanta, GA
“Fun 50's style motel, you pick the theme”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at the Flamingo Motel for the second time, on our way from Seattle to Glacier National Park (the first time, we were on our way to Yellowstone). It is clean and quiet. The owners are very accommodating if you are coming in late or forget to leave your key behind when you leave the next morning (yeah, I did that). You can pick which theme you want for your room - I remember there's a golf room, country and western, and a bunch of others. We stay in the Flamingo room (inside joke between my partner and I). So if you are staying for a while in Coeur d'Alene or are just passing through, I highly recommend this little place.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Loved this place!! We decided to stay here based on reviews & were extremely lucky because we didn't have a reservation, but just pulled in & they had had a cancellation that day. We ended up in the two room suite, which is a bit pricier than the other rooms, but the privacy was great as I'm a night owl & my friend likes to go to bed early. Plus, as I said, we hadn't made a reservation, so.... Each room has a theme. We were in the "Cabin Fever" room. Decor was kitschy & charming. Beds were super comfy & there was a tv in each room, with a sitting area in the front room. You could easily have two couples stay in this room & then it would be a great value. The owner was a fantastic "curmudgeon." Or at least he tried to be gruff - but it was like talking to a very fun grandfather. A great location as you can leave your car there and walk to everything downtown & by the lake. Can't say enough good things about this place. Want to go there again to see some of the other rooms!

Room Tip: Book ahead - owner told us that during the peak season, they are booked months in advance. I don...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What do you measure a place like this against? More like three if you compare to a resort or hotel. But I'm looking at its category. Quite refreshingly better than their pictures. Couple owners from California who have taken this little spot and really classed it up. It is very simple and for the person who wants to venture out into the city, shops, water or whatever rather than do it all at the hotel. Rooms have a theme, but are not corny, just interesting. Spotlessly clean, but obviously older.

We've stayed in a cabin theme room, Route 66 (my favorite two room suite), Tuscany (o.k.).

You are steps away from everything in the heart of Coeur d' Alene. Not the CDA resort, but way cheaper and less hubbub.

Noise factor, ok, watch the cold season. We've stayed at different times. In cold, pipes clang at night, in our room, it was really bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a m in from two street. If you go off season, like winter, ask about which rooms the pipes...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Plain City, Utah
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The nicest people run this motel. Each room has a theme to it. Ours was the Golfer's room which was very nice. My husband had never experienced the magic fingers machine which was attached to the bed so he put a quarter in and it did it's magic. Relaxed us after a long hot ride on our motorcycle trip. After we had left the hotel and got a long ways down the road I realized I had left my Harley Davidson sunglasses behind. When I turned my phone on, I already had a message from them that they had found them and would return them to me. I So Love this Place!!

Room Tip: Room 1 right by the road could be a little noisy. They steered us away from that one when we made o...
London, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed for just one night and loved it. The location could not be beat, within walking distance of everything you would want to see downtown and yet nice and quiet. We stayed in the "Beach Room" and it was really cute. We had a very comfortable king size bed, a little seating area, a fridge, and everything was spotless. The beach décor was unique and fun and check in was a breeze. Compared to the price of staying anywhere else in the area this place was a bargain and much nicer than a lot of the other options we looked at.

Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just wanna say we stopped last minute here and the hosts were excellent . Loved our room and the privacy . Very quaint and the closeness to downtown and the beach was perfect . Location , location , location was awesome for a great time .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Wa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a quaint, fun motel within walking distance to the lake and restaurants. We stayed in the "Americana" room (think 4th of July, apple pie and mom) where it had a king size bed, 2 recliners and a stand with coffee makings, etc. They offer free DVD movie rentals if you are so inclined. The room was spotless. Highly recommend it!

1 Thank meeshamator