“Stay Somewhere Else”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We booked, and confirmed 2 adjoining rooms. And we paid a ridiculous price. Over $130.00 US per night / per room / plus taxes, and that was supposed to be a deal??? It is 1.5 * at best. When we got there, our adjoining rooms were not to be had, we got 2 rooms, old beds, old comforters, old TV, older than older microwave. The only decent thing was that the bathroom was very clean. We had 2 children, age 1 and 5, and our room, which was deemed non smoking, stunk to high heaven of fresh smoke, and other fumes so bad, we had to open the windows all night to air it out, it was horrific. We tried to get the managemnt to switch us and what about the adjoining rooms, but nothing could be done. The pool was sad. The breakfast consisted of some little muffins and some dry cereal. Believe you me, I am one of those people who reads these reviews and says, oh there's just no pleasing some people, but I can honestly say this tops one of the biggest disappointments I have ever ever stayed in, and I am very flexible, but for that price, one would certainly expect something a little more decent. I have never written a review on Trip Advisor, but felt I had to after this stay. Stay at the Holiday Inn or go to Spokane if need be. We had such a great trip, minus this stay, which after a very long day of driving and site seeing, and with 2 small children, this was not the bonus at the end of the day, that's for sure. Maybe we got the shabby part of the premises, because it was nothing like the good reviews we read about this place. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 2012LoveTravel

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I want to say that Laurie the manager is wonderful. We had a reservation at another hotel for Ironman and they cancelled our reservation a week before the event. Laurie went out of her way to help us get a room. She understood the frustation I was feeling at such a last moment. We were treated very nicely by the staff and left making our reservations for next year Ironman.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and I rented the presidential suite and it was awsome. The room is huge with its own jet tub. The shower has multiple heads. The toilet is in a seperate room. The bed is huge and comfortable with two big pillows each. Don't let th outside appearence fool you.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank DK_Johnson64
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Unfortunately we found ourselves without a room after travelling for 12 days across Oregon on our way back to Canada. Even the Super 8 was full so they recommended we go to Silver Lake. My husband went in, booked and paid for our room and then we went and opened the door. All I can say is the kids kept saying 'It;s like My Name Is Earl!' At least there was no beer cans in the outdoor swimming pool.
If I had asked to see the room before paying i would have refused to accept it and would have moved on to the next town. We were charged an extortiant amount for the room, which they said came with breakfast, oh boy, don;t get me started on the breakfast... Looking at the rates that are quoted here I KNOW we we were overcharged, but speaking to others who arrived after, they were charged even more. The 'breakfast' room was just one of the rooms with a basic table, very poor food and even less choice in it than a tramps bag. everything was either padlocked up or bolted down, making the whole experience even worse. Lesson learnt, reserve ahead and leave nothing to chance!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank revilolouise
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I was mislead into thinking there was coffee making facilities in the rooms on the website. After an afternoon's drive down from Canada I just wanted to make a coffee and although I had a kitchen suite (with nothing in the cupboards) there was no coffee/tea making. They did offer coffee in reception but as I was annexed across the road so it was inconvenient, especially first thing in the morning.

However... the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location is a bit far from the city centre but I was booking at last minute and most places were full.

Room Tip: A bit isolated, no coffee facilities but clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2011

This was the worst Hotel I have ever been to. We stayed one night only because they refused to let us leave by refunding our money. The Jacuzzi Suite looked like something out of a bad horror movie. There was stains all over carpet, the jacuzzi had greasy white film all over, there was a punch whole in the back of the door in batroom, the pressed board counter the coffee pot was on was rotten and warped, we could smell the smoke from room next door, and it was unsafe with only one lock for door. The front desk manager was a very rude lady who gave us one lie after another . Only upon becoming angry did she refund the second nights stay even though we gave over 24 hour notice. I will never stay here ever again and will tell everyone I know of my horiffic experience. The Silver Lake Motel is horrific!!!! Do Not Stay Here Ever.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reneeSandpoint
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Trust me!!! This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I stay at a lot of hotelss each year. The room was disgusting and when we went back to cancel our 2 night stay, they were argumentive and proceeded to tell us it's not their fault we didn't like the room. I could give a longer report but I just get too digusted. Seriously, if you've ever seen the movie vacancy, this is the place to stay if you want to be freaked out the entire night.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank devonw7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coeur d'Alene
FairBridge Inn - Coeur d'Alene
Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
#7 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!