“The best "first" experience I could ever ask for!”
Review of The Roosevelt Inn

The Roosevelt Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The Roosevelt Bed & Breakfast Inn was our first experience staying at a B&B and it was "the best place" I have ever stayed. The Inn was so welcoming when we arrived, the gentleman that checked us in was very pleasant, he gave us a tour of the Inn and showed us to our room. While we were gathering our luggage he was placing warm bread pudding, ice water with a slice of lime and a single red rose in our room, it was so delicious! Our room was beautifully decorated and very clean as was the entire Inn and all the staff was so accommodating, they wanted to make your stay the best experience ever and they truly succeeded. A delicious breakfast was provided every morning and fresh baked cookies/breads were served throughout the day. My husband and I highly recommend The Roosevelt Bed & Breakfast Inn for your stay, I know we'll be going back. Thank you so much for an experience we will cherish forever.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slnkjez
There are newer reviews for The Roosevelt Inn

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I recently attended a conference held at the Coeur d'Alene Resort, but stayed at the Roosevelt Inn up the street a few blocks - and certainly glad I did! My room was perfectly comfortable - I slept like a baby. I appreciated the great evening turndown treats and desserts. Since I was pretty busy with the conference, I didn't avail myself too much of all the inn's amenities. The innkeepers were perfectly gracious and hospitable. I do recommend this place when visiting Coeur d'Alene.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jkarennj
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Beautiful B&B! The room was great and beautiful. Partial lake-view as promised. Staff was friendly and made us feel pampered. The hot-tub and sauna were a nice touch. Breakfast was delicious! If the price is right, jump at a stay at the Roosevelt.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Fighton99
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I found this wonderful bed and breakfast on Groupon. We spent 3 very warm and comfortable nights at The Roosevelt Inn. We found the food to be delicious, we even bought the cookbook and made 3 of the Roosevelt Inn recipes for Easter brunch. The location is great in that we were able to walk downtown, by the lake, thru the park and even did a 50.5 mile bike ride on the trail.
We are looking forward to going back, in the summertime, and experiencing all the other activities offered in Couer d'Alene. John and Tina are great hosts along with their employees.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor in the Hansen room. Great sitting room and bedroom with windows facing the...
1  Thank Rhonda C
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at The Roosevelt Inn the first part of April. We had a wonderful time staying at The Roosevelt and exploring Coeur d' Alene, Sandpoint and northern Idaho. Staying in a re-purposed elementary school was perfect for us. We loved the individual room decors, the historic school photos in the hallway, the fantastic gourmet breakfasts, and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and Tina and John, the owners. We were spoiled with extras like turned down beds and locally made chocolates left on our pillows at night. They also have coffee and tea available in the dining room to enjoy with those chocolates. I hadn't realized they had a hot tub, so we didn't bring our suits. When I mentioned that to Tina, she produced a tub of "loaner suits" we could borrow. With our borrowed suits and the plush robes in our rooms, we made use of the outdoor, covered hot tub twice while we stayed there. We'll stay at The Roosevelt on our next trip to northern Idaho.

2  Thank Barbara O
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I just spent two nights at this location and had a wonderful time. The owners have done a nice job with this building and grounds plus the breakfast was outstanding. Nice easy location. Since we went on a Groupon, it was a steal of a deal.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Meyer Room but I think they are all about the same quality, just different furnishi...
1  Thank BHousemom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Words just can't explain what a pure joy our experience was at the Roosevelt. My mom is from Coeur D'Alene and one of her childhood homes is on Garden. This trip back to the Washington/Idaho area was all for her...I wanted it to be perfect. Tina and John couldn't have fullfilled the order any better. The moment we arrived, every morning at breakfast to the second we left, my mom felt like a Queen. Our room was beautiful with a great view of the lake, actually the entire Inn is beautiful. I found myself missing the Roosevelt for several days once we left. Again, I can't thank Tina, John and staff enough for making a dream come true. I love the Roosevelt, it's truely one of a kind, please don't change anything you are doing. I so look forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family