“Another reason to visit CDA!”
Review of The Roosevelt Inn

The Roosevelt Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I planned a trip to CDA for a marathon over Memorial Day weekend. We knew we wanted to bring our dogs and we specifically looked for a place that allowed dogs. So I was delighted that not only do they allow dogs, they are dog people!
Our plans changed a bit and my husband wasn't able to come but I was still able to bring one of our dogs and have a friend join me and Tina and John were a delight. I was greeted by Eric and shown my room (which had a doggy treat pack for my pup) and served warm bread pudding and invited down to the managers meet downstairs for a glass of wine and some goodies.
Our morning breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed coffee with the dogs out in the grand yard. We were very hot in our room the first night but once I informed Tina they turned down the air for me the next night.
The evening before my race Tina offered to put together a breakfast sack for me since I would be up and out the door by 6:30. It was perfect: juice; fruit; yogurt; hard boiled egg and a scone. They couldn't have been nicer and I will definitely be staying there next time we are in the area. The location was just perfect as well, everything we wanted was a short walk away.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Trehe
There are newer reviews for The Roosevelt Inn

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our experience was one which we will remember for a long time. This was a celebration of my wife's retirement from teaching after 35 years. It was a great place to spend a few days of relaxation. The proximity of the lake made the experience even better. Thanks for all of the work and for the great hospitality.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This year we decided to visit Coeur d'Alene and we were fortunate to find the Roosevelt Inn. John and his staff were quite welcoming by giving us a rose, surprise decadent bread pudding, showing us the hotel and walking us to our room. There was evening wine, cheese and fruit. The breakfasts were tasty and filling. The first morning we had waffles, yogurt with granola and a plate of eggs, country potatoes and sausage. The location was close to town. Since our room was on the top floor, it did get a bit warm during the night. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable stay.

1  Thank Trekduet
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We spent a couple wonderful days at the Roosevelt Inn. We felt completely at home and enjoyed the way this former school was turned into a comfortable B & B. It was quiet and close to everything in town and near the Lake. We definitely will return!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank crabbkakes
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Roosevelt offers a unique and quality experience that you won't soon forget. My wife and I would stay there again without hesitation! The food was excellent, our room was a nice mix of modern and vintage, the hotel is in the heart of CDA, and the service was above and beyond.

1  Thank rick f
Rooseveltinn, Owner at The Roosevelt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thanks for the glowing review! We love people like you two and want you to come back over and over again! We agree, our location can't be beat and we're glad that you enjoyed our unique and excellent hospitality. We again wish you a very happy anniversary and wish you all the best in the coming year.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a two night stay from a special they were having and it was a great deal. We were in the Noble Suite. We enjoyed the Rose welcoming, turndown with truffles, sauna and jacuzzi, the very yummy breakfast. You can't beat the location to downtown and all that has to offer. They really do go all out?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suanne H

Thank you, our Carlin Bay neighbors, for this excellent review! We're so thrilled that your special 29h anniversary getaway was a memorable one, and that we were privileged to be a part of it. We hope you'll visit again very soon for some more pampering!

Best wishes for another great year together,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Lovely grounds and main floor. The room we had (Lischner) was cramped, smaller than I expected. Because it was a handicapped room, instead of a door, there was a curtain shielding the bathroom which I didn't care for. I can see how it would be appropriate for a wheelchair, but would have liked to have been told about it when reserving. My husband and I found the bed to be softer than we would like.

Chocolates on the turned down bed was a nice touch when we returned in the evening. Breakfast was tasty, esp. the eggs and potatoes. We prefer a greater selection of breads; my husband doesn't care for coconut so he didn't want the coconut scones which left white bread or waffles as choices.

Overall, it was a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we always appreciate our guests feedback. We're so glad that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and delicious breakfast. We hope that you'll come visit us again soon and try one of our other beautiful suites.

Warmest Regards,