“wedding was a bliss”

Ranked #1 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
Tacoma, Washington
“wedding was a bliss”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

a great place for an intimate wedding. John and TIna provided us with a great wedding plan and look after a the large and small details. The wedding ceremony was so well planned and relaxing really well done. Food service was excellent with plenty to choose from. easy check In and Check out. Will coming back for our anniversary

Room Tip: reserve the Tower room such a unique room to stay in
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Peoples' Republic of Boulder
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Tina and John Hough run the Roosevelt Inn, which used to be the elementary school John attended as a child. A number of the rooms are named after his former teachers. Built in 1905 after a visit by Teddy Roosevelt to the area it was transformed into a B&B after the school closed. Rennovating and running this wonderful old building has become the passion of the owners. In the afternoon you are treated to a glass of wine and hot bread pudding - especially nice if you've just come off I90 after a day's drive. The rooms are wonderful, each differently, and lovingly, decorated. There is a small buffet and/or a full breakfast if you so desire. Tina and John take good care of you. It is only a few minutes walk to downtown Coeur d'Alene and a number of fine eating places. Also, they are starting a small restaurant, The Theodore, at the Inn, though it had not yet opened when we were there in May, 2014.

East Helena
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Roosevelt Inn was an great place, clean, comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. It is close to the lake and the main street. The owners are very friendly and fun. I would recommend this B&B to everyone!

Room Tip: All the rooms where beautiful, spotless, and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and we were very impressed. When you get there you are treated to a bread pudding with caramel sauce and a single rose on a silver platter. It was very surprising and delicious.

Each night we were again treated yo tun down service complete with truffles from a local chocolate shop. Soft music was on to welcome you back from your day.

The staff was great and had great suggestions for things to do for the day. They were really there to make your stay perfect.

The breakfast in the mornings were very good. My favorite was the yogurt with homemade granola. But they have waffles, cereal, and a hot dish every morning.

One hint: it's an old building so each room doesn't have it's own thermostat (yet from my understanding). Just let someone know and they'll take care of it while you're out and about for the day. They also have a night phone number you can call or text if it needs to be adjusted during the night. And I really felt I could have called had I needed to.

If I had one complaint, it was that the toilet in the room we stayed in was loud. But the reason I still gave them 5 stars was because the owner was literally walking up to the room as we were talking about it to investigate. That says they really care.

Overall, we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sambootsboops
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I planned a trip to CDA for a marathon over Memorial Day weekend. We knew we wanted to bring our dogs and we specifically looked for a place that allowed dogs. So I was delighted that not only do they allow dogs, they are dog people!
Our plans changed a bit and my husband wasn't able to come but I was still able to bring one of our dogs and have a friend join me and Tina and John were a delight. I was greeted by Eric and shown my room (which had a doggy treat pack for my pup) and served warm bread pudding and invited down to the managers meet downstairs for a glass of wine and some goodies.
Our morning breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed coffee with the dogs out in the grand yard. We were very hot in our room the first night but once I informed Tina they turned down the air for me the next night.
The evening before my race Tina offered to put together a breakfast sack for me since I would be up and out the door by 6:30. It was perfect: juice; fruit; yogurt; hard boiled egg and a scone. They couldn't have been nicer and I will definitely be staying there next time we are in the area. The location was just perfect as well, everything we wanted was a short walk away.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Trehe
Emmett, Idaho
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our experience was one which we will remember for a long time. This was a celebration of my wife's retirement from teaching after 35 years. It was a great place to spend a few days of relaxation. The proximity of the lake made the experience even better. Thanks for all of the work and for the great hospitality.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This year we decided to visit Coeur d'Alene and we were fortunate to find the Roosevelt Inn. John and his staff were quite welcoming by giving us a rose, surprise decadent bread pudding, showing us the hotel and walking us to our room. There was evening wine, cheese and fruit. The breakfasts were tasty and filling. The first morning we had waffles, yogurt with granola and a plate of eggs, country potatoes and sausage. The location was close to town. Since our room was on the top floor, it did get a bit warm during the night. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable stay.

1 Thank Trekduet