“Rude”

and 1 more site!
Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I travel ALOT and stay in all kinds of places. From the walking in the front door the guy that was working the desk was RUDE after a long day just becouse I was tired I stayed anyway. The room was clean a/c worked great but the people that work there need a class in customer relations and treat people right. The place may have low prices but I would rather stay in my car before staying there agian.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank jasonv785
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

We endeavor to train our staff in excellent customer service, but this time we must have failed. Training is constant, as such, we be ongoing. I would hope this guest would try us again and not sleep in his car.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

On a hot summer's night, and very tired, we managed to find The Budget Saver with vacancies, three. By the time we got to the window, we got the 2nd to last room. We stayed just overnight and left early in the morning, but the beds were very comfortable, the water was hot, and I would stay here again. It was a bit off the beaten path, but well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynne M
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

We have just recently upgraded all of our beds to premium pillow tops, much better than you will find in most motel's in our price range. And thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My rating of four out of five is based on the price. I stayed for two nights; Fri/Sat and payed $54 each night. For that I got a very clean room, good size, and well equipped with mini-fridge and microwave.

Although the motel is not in downtown, it's only about eight blocks away. It is however right across the street from Moon Time Tavern...good food and cold beer and only a couple blocks away from Jonesy's...a great place for breakfast.

Room Tip: Was in 110 and it was fine although I could hear the footsteps of those above.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank docsurfnv
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We drove into this hotel and I was not sure whether it was a good idea as everything around it did not look that assuring. But I was greeted by a friendly and eager to help front desk (or behind the window!) employee. He gave me their rate for the different type of rooms which were very good and offered to show my the room that I thought was suitable. My family checked the suite (and I can call it a suite because it was big, had two queen-size beds and a sofa bed as well as a fridge, a microwave, and a countertop with a sink. The shower, though, did not have a tub and we did not care.)
We had a quiet night.
I looked, later on, at the bad reviews here and I do not know what to say. But I learned from Jerrid, the friendly and helpful "front desk" employee, when I chatted with him in the morning, that they have older rooms in another building that were cheaper and used mostly for long term rental. Since I was not aware of the bad reviews, I never asked him about them. It is possible also that they are trying to improve their service but my experience staying in this motel is totally different from what the negative reviewers stated.

Room Tip: Do not let your feeling mislead you, it is worth trying.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ksiddik

We do have 2 separate properties, the front section is very new and rented most for nightly guests, plus we own the older property out back, which we rent to extended stay guests. Because of the difference of the properties and the limited service offered to our extended stay guests, we sometimes receive reviews that are not very flattering. This is usually caused by a guests expecting first class service even though it is explained to them upon rental of the limited service offered for a extremely reduced price.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed 1 night while in the area skiing. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Jerry at check-in was pleasant. Didn't use the kitchen, but is nice for someone staying more than a night. Was quiet. If ever in the area again, would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank javimom
Russell D, Manager at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, we do provide all of our rooms with microwave and refrigerators. This is part of our overall plan to help the traveling public stay on a Budget by no having to go out for every meal. This is also why we provide a free of charge breakfast bar to our guests.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Room was ok- nice kitchen with cabinets, microwave and fridge. Everything was clean, but the heater did not work. Was there on cold rainy day and walked to store at night. On return was chilly and discovered heater did not work. I figured at 9 pm there was little they would do about it. When asked the next day by clerk if everything was ok, I informed him that the heater did not work. Response was 'yeah, we have been getting a lot of that lately'. So how about fixing it???
Otherwise it was really cheap so more than expected for expensive area- and not too far from downtown. I would return but would check appliances on check in.

Room Tip: Check appliances when you check in and ask for different room if heater or ac doesn't work.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Fearlessmsla
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your kind words on the motel. It was unfortunate that the heater quit working while you were in the room. We do have spare portable heaters just for this, so please next time inform the front desk, a portable heater can be provided at any moments notice.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I checked in at ten am for a room with two bed for two people in each bed. We had 3 people in the room when then manager came by he started being vert rude cursing at my and my friends threatening to kick us out because we had a friend in the parking lot with a sevice dog. I then called to report damages to the room that were there. The fridge was dented like 7 times the towels were stainded at well as the sheets and pillows and pillow cases. There was black mold in the bathroom. I paid 250$ for a week. I checked in at 10 am. They kicked me out at 5 pm the same day because I called and reported the damages and.problems and they kick me out for bit and would not give me a refund or return my deposit. They made my and my friends homeless. This is not the first person this has happend to. They set you up ro rip u off beware. Dont stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank Masterrigby2

These individuals rented a room from us by the week, they were asked to checkout when they exceeded the maximum occupancy of the room, smoked in the room, and basically disrupted the entire operation of the motel. When we rented to them, they pretty much invited the entire homeless population of Coeur d' Alene to join them. As such we had to choice but to ask them to checkout for the peace and enjoyment of the rest of the guests of the motel.