“Kicked out for speaking to Assistant Manager”

and 1 more site!
Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“Kicked out for speaking to Assistant Manager”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

By far the worst motel I have ever stayed at. Checked in on 3/4/2013 and informed them that I had two children and gave them their ages. They put us on the second floor right above their home. After a week, my children were barely being loud at 7 pm and they called me very rudely telling me to keep my children under control. The very same night at 9:30 pm they had their children outside yelling and laughing very loudly. They don't clean the sheet that is directly on the bed or the blue one that they put on before the top blanket that they also don't clean. They only gave me three rolls of toilet paper in 5 weeks and changed my bedding twice. When my daughter had an accident on the bed they told me that I had to wash them myself or wait until they change the bedding. On 4/1/2013, by total coincidence they hired a friend of ours that we hadn't seen in three years, then four days later they fired him for just talking to us and then started to harass us about being loud and drinking outside, which we weren't even doing. After they saw us helping our friend that they just fired move his stuff out of their motel the lady started yelling at me about conspiring to get her fired and then threatened to kick me out before my week was up. I just informed her that I am more than willing to leave when my week was up and since I didn't get mad at what she had said, she said that they will kick us out two days before our week was up and that she will be looking for any reason to do it. The last two days of my stay there were horrible. I was afraid to leave my room because all my stuff was in there and I was really afraid to talk to anyone because she threatened to kick out anyone that talked to us. The people that manage this establishment are very controlling and will kick you out for any reason. This is the 6th motel I have stayed at and it is the only one that I have ever had a problem at.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank irockskinnies
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
This guest was asked to check out of their room for repeatedly violating all of the motel policies. We asked them to kindly stop going into restricted areas of the motel, but they just ignored all requests. After a few weeks, we had no choice but to ask them to check out for peace and quiet of the rests of the guests at the motel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was a super find. We were on a budget not wanting to stay in a rat hole motel. We pulled into here and were pleasantly suprised at how nice the rooms with a kitchenette in it. Only $39 per night as of this stay. Great value! Not a lot of noise from the road, parking is good and right down the street from a fun little bar called the Hogfish so you can walk home after a couple of cocktails.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sailing_Sweetie
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
We have many great places around the motel, like Moon Time Pub and Jimmy's Down the Street, and we are also only 8 blocks from Downtowner with many other fine places.
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I travel ALOT and stay in all kinds of places. From the walking in the front door the guy that was working the desk was RUDE after a long day just becouse I was tired I stayed anyway. The room was clean a/c worked great but the people that work there need a class in customer relations and treat people right. The place may have low prices but I would rather stay in my car before staying there agian.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank jasonv785
We endeavor to train our staff in excellent customer service, but this time we must have failed. Training is constant, as such, we be ongoing. I would hope this guest would try us again and not sleep in his car.

Travellers are raving about these Coeur d'Alene hotels

Yelm, Washington, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2012

On a hot summer's night, and very tired, we managed to find The Budget Saver with vacancies, three. By the time we got to the window, we got the 2nd to last room. We stayed just overnight and left early in the morning, but the beds were very comfortable, the water was hot, and I would stay here again. It was a bit off the beaten path, but well worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynne M
We have just recently upgraded all of our beds to premium pillow tops, much better than you will find in most motel's in our price range. And thank you for staying with us.
Liberty Lake, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My rating of four out of five is based on the price. I stayed for two nights; Fri/Sat and payed $54 each night. For that I got a very clean room, good size, and well equipped with mini-fridge and microwave.

Although the motel is not in downtown, it's only about eight blocks away. It is however right across the street from Moon Time Tavern...good food and cold beer and only a couple blocks away from Jonesy's...a great place for breakfast.

Room Tip: Was in 110 and it was fine although I could hear the footsteps of those above.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank docsurfnv
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you in the future.
Oxon Hill
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We drove into this hotel and I was not sure whether it was a good idea as everything around it did not look that assuring. But I was greeted by a friendly and eager to help front desk (or behind the window!) employee. He gave me their rate for the different type of rooms which were very good and offered to show my the room that I thought was suitable. My family checked the suite (and I can call it a suite because it was big, had two queen-size beds and a sofa bed as well as a fridge, a microwave, and a countertop with a sink. The shower, though, did not have a tub and we did not care.)
We had a quiet night.
I looked, later on, at the bad reviews here and I do not know what to say. But I learned from Jerrid, the friendly and helpful "front desk" employee, when I chatted with him in the morning, that they have older rooms in another building that were cheaper and used mostly for long term rental. Since I was not aware of the bad reviews, I never asked him about them. It is possible also that they are trying to improve their service but my experience staying in this motel is totally different from what the negative reviewers stated.

Room Tip: Do not let your feeling mislead you, it is worth trying.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ksiddik
We do have 2 separate properties, the front section is very new and rented most for nightly guests, plus we own the older property out back, which we rent to extended stay guests. Because of the difference of the properties and the limited service offered to our extended stay guests, we sometimes receive reviews that are not very flattering. This is usually caused by a guests expecting first class service even though it is explained to them upon rental of the limited service offered for a extremely reduced price.
Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed 1 night while in the area skiing. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Jerry at check-in was pleasant. Didn't use the kitchen, but is nice for someone staying more than a night. Was quiet. If ever in the area again, would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank javimom
Russell D, Manager at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we do provide all of our rooms with microwave and refrigerators. This is part of our overall plan to help the traveling public stay on a Budget by no having to go out for every meal. This is also why we provide a free of charge breakfast bar to our guests.