“great deal, good room”

and 1 more site!
Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from our ID trip. We took a side trip to Coeur d'Alene for a night and wanted a budget room. After checking many booking sites and following links, I stumbled upon the listing for Budget Saver Motel in Coeur d'Alene. What a score! It was July 1st, high season and the room was only $70 plus tax totalling $75.55. That was the cheapest I'd found a motel for and wasn't expecting much.
Too our great surprise, and delight, it was spacious, the mattresses were brand new and fabulous, pillows too.Summer weight velux blanket was new too. And the room was very very clean. Even the carpeting. I checked.
The room had an under counter fridge, a microwave and coffee pot in it too. It had empty cupboards for plates, utensils etc should you buy them for a multiple night stay.
While I knew breakfast was included I was expecting a skimpy continental breakfast. But no, it was way more. There were offerings of various flavors of donuts, 2 kinds of english muffins, cold cereals- fruit loops and something healthy looking like mixed whole grain, orange juice, butter, jelly, pancake batter and waffle maker or pancake maker, don't remember as I didn't use it and of course coffee and tea and fresh milk.
It's a totally non smoking motel.
If we return to C d'A, we'll stay here again. But I'd get an upstairs room next time because of heavy walking above. Interestingly, we didn't hear that occupant in the morning only the evening.
Location was great; on main street but a short distance past the busy tourist stretch and quiet.
I heartily recommend this property.
And young man at front desk was delightful and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bonnierdh
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Coeur d' Alene is very much a tourist town, especially in the summer when some of the properties could charge you upwards of $200 and more. Thank you for finding us, we are trying to offer a great value to our guests, hence the name "Budget Saver Motel".

There are newer reviews for Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Surprisingly a good place to stay. Because it is in the older part of town you may think it is not good or safe. Wrong. The rooms are just as nice as a more expensive motel on the main roads. We had two very comfortable queen beds in a nice large room. We stayed two days. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. They had a normal continental breakfast which was filling enough. We would recommend this place to anyone and would not hesitate to stay here again if ever in this area. Why pay the big prices of a large chain motel when you can get the same thing at a locally owned motel which provides just as much if not better than the more expensive ones.

Room Tip: Had a bottom floor room which was roomy and clean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We try to give all of our guests the best we have to offer and for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The staff was every friendly, and helpful. I am not sure why some of the other review say different. My opinion is that some people are just unhappy peeps, but any ways. The budget saver was pleasant place to stay. They had comfortable beds , a good breakfast bar. The rooms are very clean . It's a 100% non smoking motel :) I like that part too. So for the price its a great placfe to stay I'll be back in the summer. Thanks Budget Saver.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us as a repeat customer.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

By far the worst motel I have ever stayed at. Checked in on 3/4/2013 and informed them that I had two children and gave them their ages. They put us on the second floor right above their home. After a week, my children were barely being loud at 7 pm and they called me very rudely telling me to keep my children under control. The very same night at 9:30 pm they had their children outside yelling and laughing very loudly. They don't clean the sheet that is directly on the bed or the blue one that they put on before the top blanket that they also don't clean. They only gave me three rolls of toilet paper in 5 weeks and changed my bedding twice. When my daughter had an accident on the bed they told me that I had to wash them myself or wait until they change the bedding. On 4/1/2013, by total coincidence they hired a friend of ours that we hadn't seen in three years, then four days later they fired him for just talking to us and then started to harass us about being loud and drinking outside, which we weren't even doing. After they saw us helping our friend that they just fired move his stuff out of their motel the lady started yelling at me about conspiring to get her fired and then threatened to kick me out before my week was up. I just informed her that I am more than willing to leave when my week was up and since I didn't get mad at what she had said, she said that they will kick us out two days before our week was up and that she will be looking for any reason to do it. The last two days of my stay there were horrible. I was afraid to leave my room because all my stuff was in there and I was really afraid to talk to anyone because she threatened to kick out anyone that talked to us. The people that manage this establishment are very controlling and will kick you out for any reason. This is the 6th motel I have stayed at and it is the only one that I have ever had a problem at.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank irockskinnies
Russell D, Owner at Budget Saver Motel Coeur d'Alene, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

This guest was asked to check out of their room for repeatedly violating all of the motel policies. We asked them to kindly stop going into restricted areas of the motel, but they just ignored all requests. After a few weeks, we had no choice but to ask them to check out for peace and quiet of the rests of the guests at the motel.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was a super find. We were on a budget not wanting to stay in a rat hole motel. We pulled into here and were pleasantly suprised at how nice the rooms with a kitchenette in it. Only $39 per night as of this stay. Great value! Not a lot of noise from the road, parking is good and right down the street from a fun little bar called the Hogfish so you can walk home after a couple of cocktails.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailing_Sweetie

We have many great places around the motel, like Moon Time Pub and Jimmy's Down the Street, and we are also only 8 blocks from Downtowner with many other fine places.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I travel ALOT and stay in all kinds of places. From the walking in the front door the guy that was working the desk was RUDE after a long day just becouse I was tired I stayed anyway. The room was clean a/c worked great but the people that work there need a class in customer relations and treat people right. The place may have low prices but I would rather stay in my car before staying there agian.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank jasonv785

We endeavor to train our staff in excellent customer service, but this time we must have failed. Training is constant, as such, we be ongoing. I would hope this guest would try us again and not sleep in his car.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

On a hot summer's night, and very tired, we managed to find The Budget Saver with vacancies, three. By the time we got to the window, we got the 2nd to last room. We stayed just overnight and left early in the morning, but the beds were very comfortable, the water was hot, and I would stay here again. It was a bit off the beaten path, but well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynne M

We have just recently upgraded all of our beds to premium pillow tops, much better than you will find in most motel's in our price range. And thank you for staying with us.