I stayed here in July. I made my reservation back in April. I made my reservation, directly with the hotel, and the confirmation I received was for a King, with the request of facing the rear of the property (away from the busy front road). This was all confirmed. And, after detailed discussion, again with the hotl's front desk, they offered to provide a guest basket of amenities and wine in my room (for the special occassion).
Needless to say, when I checked in at 3pm, they had switched my room type to a Queen, and of course no consideration of the room position, and certainly not any special welcome basket!!!
After much discussion, and elevation of my blood pressure, I finally was provided a King bed (fronting the road, but that's relatively insignificant).
The attitude of the front desk was scandalous. Because they were sold out, during the busy summer season, and perhaps because I had a "discounted" rate, they decided to do things to extract best value for themselves. Anyway you think about it, a confirmed guaranteed room is what you expect; not a change of room type in their reservation system!!! And attitude to boot!!!
Other than this initial check-in experience, the hotel was the standard Express you'd expect. However, when next in Coeur d'Alene, I will stay elswhere, FOR SURE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fall in love with Coeur d'Alene this season at the Holiday Inn Express Coeur d'Alene. This new award-winning Coeur d'Alene hotel will meet and exceed your every expectation! Located close to beautiful Lake Coeur d Alene and just minutes from Silverwood Theme Park, Kootenai Medical Center, North Idaho College, University of Idaho, and Lewis and Clark State College, this hotel is a perfect location for both business and pleasure! This Coeur d'Alene hotel is complete with 101 non-smoking guestrooms, including 36 over-sized suites with parlor area and wet bar. Suites include 2 flat panel screen HDTV's. All rooms contain a microwave and refrigerator. 6 deluxe suites have a double-sided fireplace, two person jetted tub, and two flat panel HD TVs. The indoor pool and spa area is ready for your enjoyment, decorated with whimsical sea creatures. Bored at the end of a long day? Relax next to our custom built outdoor fire pit. We also provide a guest laundry facility, boardroom, and fully equipped business center. Our Coeur d'Alene hotel offers easy freeway access and close proximity to shopping, restaurants, and tons of entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Coeur d`Alene
- Holiday Inn Coeur D'alene
- Coeur D'alene Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho